Digital Art Zone

3 of 22
MARCH MADNESS UPDATES!
Posted: 01 March 2013 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2330
Joined  2010-12-18

I just realized that some stores also have sales to go along, so this is pretty neat actually.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 01 March 2013 09:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2003-10-09

A few questions, first, the actual MM items are only the ones specifically shown on the promo page/email or in the PAs listed, right? Because if you just look at new items its not differentiated, but assuming its not other new items? Also is the 10% for Aiko 5 only today or all through MM? And has anyone gotten that discount to work? That was the reason I bought it the first day rather than waiting because I knew it would be on sale for awhile at least.

Posted: 01 March 2013 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  2010-12-22
scullygirl818 - 01 March 2013 09:40 AM

A few questions, first, the actual MM items are only the ones specifically shown on the promo page/email or in the PAs listed, right? Because if you just look at new items its not differentiated, but assuming its not other new items? Also is the 10% for Aiko 5 only today or all through MM? And has anyone gotten that discount to work? That was the reason I bought it the first day rather than waiting because I knew it would be on sale for awhile at least.

Yes, only the ‘features items’ plus the store sales. I tried adding Shanghai style, and it wasn’t discounted.

I think the 10% is throughout MM. That is what the promos have implied. Really crummy if not. Either way, it doesn’t seem to be working yet.

Posted: 01 March 2013 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2330
Joined  2010-12-18
MadisonXF - 01 March 2013 09:42 AM

I think the 10% is throughout MM. That is what the promos have implied. Really crummy if not. Either way, it doesn’t seem to be working yet.

Was working for me, but I also go GH, so that might be why.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 01 March 2013 09:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  219
Joined  2010-12-22
larsmidnatt - 01 March 2013 09:45 AM

Was working for me, but I also go GH, so that might be why.

It does say A5 OR GH, so you don’t need both.

I think it is working though. I tried just putting Adarian in my cart, and the discount is $0.83 from $8.30, so 10% as per the A5 promo.

Math kills me.

Posted: 01 March 2013 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2123
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

scullygirl818 - 01 March 2013 09:40 AM

Yes, only the ‘features items’ plus the store sales. I tried adding Shanghai style, and it wasn’t discounted.

Yes, the 10% is working.  The math can seem odd, but in summary if you have 2+ MM items in your cart, you’re getting 68.5% off all DO’s list price and 55% off PA items list price.

That’s comparable with last years MM prices as I recall.

— Morgan

p.s. Here’s a fun piece of math.  Presuming you paid $50 (it was $48.98) for A5 like I did, then it would take buying 90 $15.95 list price items (in batches of 2+) for the 10% discount to pay for itself.  However, if you are buying PA items, it would take 63 to have paid for A5.  So in summary, A5 was a good buy, but it’s not going to pay for itself, so you’d best have wanted A5 for A5.  Which is the best kind of promotion, IMO.

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 01 March 2013 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1841
Joined  2005-06-08

Lets say I want The Facility and Freak 5 Big Sweater (‘cause I do) — that’s two of today’s March Madness items, so I’ve qualified for the 50% discount, yay.  Now there are other items on the March Madness product page that I want, Real Feel Pulled Sleeves T-Shirt, Destroyed City, Celestial Poses, and maybe Earthquake — these are all showing at 30% off, but because they’re on the March Madness product page they’ll be 50% off if I put them in the same cart with The Facility and Freak 5 Big Sweater?  And then 10% off of that because I got Garibaldi?

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 01 March 2013 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2123
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,
@KickAir BP - Yep.  The big sweater will be 68.5% off list price, everything else in that list is 55% off list price.

Hope that helps!

— Morgan

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 01 March 2013 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1841
Joined  2005-06-08
Cypherfox - 01 March 2013 10:30 AM
KickAir 8P - 01 March 2013 10:22 AM

Lets say I want The Facility and Freak 5 Big Sweater (‘cause I do) — that’s two of today’s March Madness items, so I’ve qualified for the 50% discount, yay.  Now there are other items on the March Madness product page that I want, Real Feel Pulled Sleeves T-Shirt, Destroyed City, Celestial Poses, and maybe Earthquake — these are all showing at 30% off, but because they’re on the March Madness product page they’ll be 50% off if I put them in the same cart with The Facility and Freak 5 Big Sweater?  And then 10% off of that because I got Garibaldi?

@KickAir BP - Yep.  The big sweater will be 68.5% off list price, everything else in that list is 55% off list price.

Huh — not bad.  No blitzing, no pig-in-a-poke “buy today for a discount tomorrow”, a reasonably simple structure and good sale discounts, nice.  And we started March 1st!  cool smile

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 01 March 2013 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  210
Joined  2005-09-14

I miss the old days of the first few Madness-type sales that I was around for (late 2005 and onward). When the main promotional items were generally around $5 a piece or less. So people with budgets could afford to participate and feel important. LOL I always wished they did more stand-alone times, but I did pick up some nice things back in those first few Fall Frenzy and March Madness sales, including some stand-alone stuff.

Posted: 01 March 2013 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1894
Joined  2009-08-08

And we get revolving PA store sales, too. That’s another draw to keep coming back and checking who’s on, first. Because it does sound like those will be changing day by day.

*sigh* Which means we can expect the usual intermittent glitches over things going on and off sale all month.

(And tomorrow we’ll start getting the complaints from the people who didn’t realize that the 50% off for two MM items only applies when you buy them the day they come out. I *don’t* expect it to work tomorrow if one tries to combine one item from today and one from tomorrow.)

Posted: 01 March 2013 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1496
Joined  2003-10-09

Shanghai Style actually launched yesterday so it’s not a MM item…it’s in the last February batch. Sorry!

Signature 

My DAZ Store
My Free Stuff
My Deviant Art

Posted: 01 March 2013 01:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  387
Joined  2012-02-05
JOdel - 01 March 2013 12:37 PM

And we get revolving PA store sales, too. That’s another draw to keep coming back and checking who’s on, first. Because it does sound like those will be changing day by day.

*sigh* Which means we can expect the usual intermittent glitches over things going on and off sale all month.

(And tomorrow we’ll start getting the complaints from the people who didn’t realize that the 50% off for two MM items only applies when you buy them the day they come out. I *don’t* expect it to work tomorrow if one tries to combine one item from today and one from tomorrow.)

Will DAZ rotate stuff even on weekends? That can certainly lead to headaches come Monday.

Signature 

Follow the exploits of SERVANT in this digital comic series! The First Issue is Free to Download!
or as a webcomic at http://servant.thecomicseries.com/

Check out my Deviantart Gallery, Facebook page, and over at the DAZ Art Studio.

Posted: 01 March 2013 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1894
Joined  2009-08-08

Not on Sundays, anyway. I don’t recall them doing it on Saturday, but I may be misremembering. They *might* just extend Friday’s sale items offer over the weekend.

But, frankly, they tweak the rules every year, so it’s impossible to say until we check tomorrow and see if there are new offerings or not.

Posted: 01 March 2013 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1941
Joined  2010-02-14

Okay, here’s a screen of my Cart. How does it look?

I’m asking because I bought the Aiko 5 Pro Bundle on launch day and looking at that discount doesn’t really look of feel like a 50% deal…

Image Attachments
March_Maddness.png
 Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

COMMUNITY RESIDENT ICON NUTJOB

My Art Studio

3 of 22