Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
[SOLVED?] maleposererotica down?
Posted: 27 February 2013 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  856
Joined  2003-10-09

I haven’t been able to get a response from MalePoserotica for over a month.  I don’t go there often but do like to peek in once in a while.

I know they had a major hack several months ago and redesigned the site and it was listed as “temporary until new store launch”.  Then it was up for a while but now I get no response at all.

Am I the only one who can’t see it?

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…  But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 27 February 2013 08:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  621
Joined  2007-08-14

Seems to be working here.

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 27 February 2013 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12179
Joined  2005-10-07

what’s the most popular figure in male poser otica dom?  does it have all the necessary morphs for the theme?

thanks

Signature 

ÐA raspberry ° ° ° ° ° C Ø

Posted: 27 February 2013 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
araneldon - 27 February 2013 08:27 AM

Seems to be working here.

Hmmm.  where is “here”.  I’m in the USA near Buffalo, NY.

I still can’t see it.  I even changed my DNS servers and tried other computers.  I even re-enabled JAVA but knew that wouldn’t work because I can’t even get connected to the page. :-(

Can you PM me the URL address you use?  We don’t want to violate this forum’s TOS 8-o

PS: I’m not asking about “poserotica” I’m asking about “maleposerotica”

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…  But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 27 February 2013 10:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Misty Whisky - 27 February 2013 09:05 AM

what’s the most popular figure in male poser otica dom?  does it have all the necessary morphs for the theme?

thanks

It has(had) an extensive gallery, and the store has a few interesting items.  I suspect the most popular items are the Ulf toast and its various morphs & textures.

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2013 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2005-07-28

I’m able to see the temporary blog at maleposerotica from the UK, the site it seems is still being recreated.  I think I remember a post saying some of the store items are available at digitalmales.com

Posted: 27 February 2013 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1810
Joined  2012-04-14

Oh my word. I did not know those sites existed.

Posted: 27 February 2013 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
anikad - 27 February 2013 02:48 PM

Oh my word. I did not know those sites existed.

Is that good news or bad news???

Regardless, unfortunately for me, they don’t any more. :-(  I still can’t reach the store page at all but someone did point me to the gallery that is not under the same URL as the store and I can see that.

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2013 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-07

hmmm says - Warning your browser does not accept script’s cookies

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2013 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Curiously I also cannot connect the camera review website “www.dpreview.com” that I’ve used for years.  I keep getting “waiting for response from www.dpreview.com” and the cursor just sits there and spins and never times out.  (well, maybe it does but after several minutes I just give up)  :-(

Edited to add:  Nope, it just spins forever.  It does this on several of my computers.  (three of them)  This isn’t just a recent problem.  I’ve noticed this for at least a month.

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2013 10:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2004-12-19
LeatherGryphon - 27 February 2013 08:12 PM

Curiously I also cannot connect the camera review website “www.dpreview.com” that I’ve used for years.  I keep getting “waiting for response from www.dpreview.com” and the cursor just sits there and spins and never times out.  (well, maybe it does but after several minutes I just give up)  :-(

Edited to add:  Nope, it just spins forever.  It does this on several of my computers.  (three of them)  This isn’t just a recent problem.  I’ve noticed this for at least a month.

Check your browser.  Try clearing out all of your cookies & cache. I’ve noticed that the last couple of Firefox updates have been giving sluggish or oddball results when connecting to (or trying to connect to) some sites. I alternate between Chrome & Firefox at this point (and use IE only when I “have” to for client testing etc…

Signature 

MEC4D ~ 15 Years of 3D Textures, Tools & Characters 4 U~ | Reality 2.5-AVAILABLE NOW! | “Light glorifies everything…light is everything.” – Leonard Missone

Posted: 28 February 2013 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Tried clearing my cache, tried another browser, restarted my DSL modem, and router, reset my browser security options back to default values.  Still no cigar. :-(

Finally went to Google and asked “can’t reach dpreview” and found an entry at the top of the list that looked like my exact situation but it’s on the dpreview website so I can’t read it. :(  A real catch22 situation.  Could someone read that and let me know what it says?  Please.
forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/7397260

Also, more Googleing dug up references to “black holeing” where entire blocks of IP addresses are blocked from a website which results in a perpetually unanswering website.  How the hexx do you work around that situation if you only have one ISP?
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=62569.0

Signature 

Posted: 28 February 2013 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  211
Joined  2010-12-22

I recently purchased the new Gens created by Jepe. The site worked fine for me, and the transaction.

Posted: 28 February 2013 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2003-10-09

I can successfully connect (from a Mac in California) to both sites, the maleposer site and dpreview forums.  So they’re up…

As noted, the maleposer site is undergoing a move, so the current site is temporary.  Freebies and the store are available at alternate sites (Poseraddicts and freebies.mpe3d.com), but no preview pictures.

As for dpreview, there are a bunch of answers to that—

“I tried again, but from a PC connected “directly” to the internet (through cable modem) and it worked.”

“delete his temp files (clear the cache in the browser) and then try again.”

“Phil sometimes bans blocks of IP addresses in order to stop a particular forum abuser, troll etc. This block is usually temporary. Phil should be able to help with this.”

“Had to do with a problem on his firewall (Zone Alarm). Go figure. Shut it down, started it back up and it worked.”

Take your pick…  smile

Posted: 28 February 2013 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
ramble1035 - 28 February 2013 10:09 AM

I can successfully connect (from a Mac in California) to both sites, the maleposer site and dpreview forums.  So they’re up…

As noted, the maleposer site is undergoing a move, so the current site is temporary.  Freebies and the store are available at alternate sites (Poseraddicts and freebies.mpe3d.com), but no preview pictures.

As for dpreview, there are a bunch of answers to that—

“I tried again, but from a PC connected “directly” to the internet (through cable modem) and it worked.”

“delete his temp files (clear the cache in the browser) and then try again.”

“Phil sometimes bans blocks of IP addresses in order to stop a particular forum abuser, troll etc. This block is usually temporary. Phil should be able to help with this.”

“Had to do with a problem on his firewall (Zone Alarm). Go figure. Shut it down, started it back up and it worked.”

Take your pick…  smile

Thank you muchly for the very useful information. smile

Signature 

Posted: 28 February 2013 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-10-07

oh, so that is ulf.  hmm, my kobolds could use a version

Signature 

1 of 2