Digital Art Zone

11 of 71
Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin [Commercial] 
Posted: 02 March 2013 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 151 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2005-05-17

Gone, thank you so much smile, that was exactly the problem I wasnt using the hair density for each node.  I knew it was something that I was doing wrong, but couldn’t figure it out.  Now to see what I can come up with.

Posted: 02 March 2013 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 152 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5985
Joined  2003-10-09
Heatherlee - 02 March 2013 05:37 PM

Gone, thank you so much smile, that was exactly the problem I wasnt using the hair density for each node.  I knew it was something that I was doing wrong, but couldn’t figure it out.  Now to see what I can come up with.

Glad you solved it, but I gotta say it…you were having a “bad hair day”. LOL

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 02 March 2013 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 153 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  242
Joined  2011-04-25

Admittedly, I haven’t played with it much, but I get easily frustrated and am really looking forward to more preset hairstyles in the future, so at least I can go in and alter it without screwing things up royally like I have been so far :p Once I push the curves down into the skull and can’t get them back I give up….

I’ve tried the Mid Strawberry Blonde example scene and the results were gorgeous so I know it’ll be worth it.

Signature 

My Deviantart account

Posted: 02 March 2013 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 154 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  510
Joined  0
mjc1016 - 02 March 2013 05:14 PM
J.King - 02 March 2013 04:14 PM

Is there an “electrocute figure” button? B/c I think I maybe have pushed it. lol

There is…sort of.

The ‘Surface Attract’ slider can give that effect.  A negative value can cause massive fly-aways like that…and combine that with the curl slider and you can get some really wild hair.

I can see that - but it should affect either all the hair or a selected group and neither condition seems to apply here. Of course, I could be wrong about that.

Posted: 02 March 2013 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 155 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
Heatherlee - 02 March 2013 05:37 PM

Glad to see you have it sorted.

Now to really mess with your head - if you aren’t changing the hair width on the new node, you could do the whole thing with one node and selection groups. LOL

Posted: 02 March 2013 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 156 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
Saiyaness - 02 March 2013 06:30 PM

Admittedly, I haven’t played with it much, but I get easily frustrated and am really looking forward to more preset hairstyles in the future, so at least I can go in and alter it without screwing things up royally like I have been so far :p Once I push the curves down into the skull and can’t get them back I give up….

I’ve tried the Mid Strawberry Blonde example scene and the results were gorgeous so I know it’ll be worth it.

If you push the hair into the head, a quick way to pull it back out is with the “surface attact” tool.

Posted: 02 March 2013 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 157 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2011-05-29

I’m struggling to figure out how to render in Reality via Daz.

I’m playing with the Demo Hair on Garibaldi website.  It looks great in a Daz Render, but I have no clue how to transfer it to Reality.  (The Model comes up bald.)

The Demo hair also can’t seem to be parented to a different Genesis.

Can someone take me through the steps required to render in Reality?

Posted: 02 March 2013 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 158 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2006-11-10

You have to export the hair to an object file, then load that. Lux won’t render strand based hair.

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 02 March 2013 08:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 159 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-29
Agent_Unawares - 02 March 2013 08:30 PM

You have to export the hair to an object file, then load that. Lux won’t render strand based hair.

I have done that.  And it did not work.

I deleted everything but the hair.  Then exported at an OBJ.  Daz, 1 unit = 1cm.

(The OBJ file is microscopic…)

I then import the hair OBJ file.1 unit = 1 cm.

Posted: 02 March 2013 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 160 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-29

If I export the whole scene… it comes back with no hair.

Posted: 02 March 2013 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 161 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2006-11-10

You have to export it from Garibaldi, not DS. If that’s what you’re doing I’m at a loss, and I hope someone else can resolve it for you.

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 02 March 2013 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 162 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-29
Agent_Unawares - 02 March 2013 09:01 PM

You have to export it from Garibaldi, not DS. If that’s what you’re doing I’m at a loss, and I hope someone else can resolve it for you.

Exporting from DS…  (And thanks.)

Bug…  I went to different menus, and exported. that worked.  if you don’t go to other menus… doesn’t work.

Yup.. bug.  There are other times it seems to fail, generating files of size 0.

Posted: 02 March 2013 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 163 ]
RankRank
Joined  0
UHF - 02 March 2013 09:19 PM

Bug…  I went to different menus, and exported. that worked.  if you don’t go to other menus… doesn’t work.

The OBJ file takes some of the settings from the tweak window pane so it is best to be in that pane when you do the save. Depending on how much hair you’ve defined it can take several minutes to generate. A dialog box will come up telling you when it is finished. If you don’t wait for the dialog, then you won’t get a proper OBJ.

Posted: 02 March 2013 10:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 164 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-29
Gone - 02 March 2013 09:50 PM
UHF - 02 March 2013 09:19 PM

The OBJ file takes some of the settings from the tweak window pane so it is best to be in that pane when you do the save. Depending on how much hair you’ve defined it can take several minutes to generate. A dialog box will come up telling you when it is finished. If you don’t wait for the dialog, then you won’t get a proper OBJ.

I have it working. 

I’m not as happy as I could be,  It definitely works like a charm in Daz.

(I’m just trying to reproduce Boy Hair for Genesis…)  Autofit on that real one tends to distort or wreck it.
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1736674

Posted: 02 March 2013 11:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 165 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2005-01-28

This is a very cool product! I’ve been tinkering with it a bit, and it is much more simple to use than what I tried in Carrara, at least for me. I still have much to learn but I’m getting nice results without too much trouble. Thanks for this!

11 of 71