Digital Art Zone

trouble with ps->daz bridge
Posted: 26 February 2013 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2010-02-21

A few three days ago I submitted the following request to the help center. In the meantime, would anyone here have any ideas that may help resolve the issue:

“I just recently installed DS4.5. Today I installed the 64 bit PS/DAZ bridge, and as asked for in the install dialog, I selected the folder where ps looks for plug-ins. When I start PS and choose File->Automation Tools->DAZ Studio3D Bridge, I get the error message “Could not complete your request because of a program error” and the only choice is to halt the request. I’ve tried installing the 32 the 64 bit versions, but with no luck. I tried to install to a different directory and have PS look there for the plug in, but it either failed or the option “Automation Tools” was greyed out. I’m currently using PhotoShop Elements 5.0. Finally, when in PS I choose “Help->About PlugIn->DAZ Studio 3D Bridge” I get “Version CS3 Release 1 (01/14/2007).”

Posted: 26 February 2013 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6479
Joined  2005-08-15

It wont work in Photoshop elements, and certainly not in an older version.  I believe that you need at least CS3 for the bridge to work properly.

I did get it to show up in Elements 9 at one point, but I am now using Elements 11 and haven’t tried it since.

Posted: 26 February 2013 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14000
Joined  2003-10-09

Sorry, missed that you were using Elements.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 26 February 2013 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7838
Joined  2009-05-14

The DS3 PS Bridge worked in PSE 6 up to a point. But unfortunately it didn’t work with DS4.5’s PS Bridge.

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Posted: 26 February 2013 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2010-02-21

Okey dokey, time for a plan B.  As usual, excellent answers that are right on the money. Wow, CS, DS, PSE my head is swimming.

Posted: 26 February 2013 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  512
Joined  2003-10-09

I believed it used to work with DAZ Studio 4.5 but now is not working.  Ive reported bugs to both DAZ and Adobe https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=49405

Signature 

Render with muscle! SimonWM DAZ Store.
For Previews and Insight SimonWM Official Facebook Page.
Artist Page My Gallery at Deviant Art.
For Videos My Youtube Channel.