Digital Art Zone

5 of 6
AIKO 5 and March Madness
Posted: 27 February 2013 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2007-02-11

I’ve added Aiko 5 to my cart a couple times now but, like Freak 5, I just can’t quite place them in my runtime, so to speak. The base figure is okay and I try to get the best value by doing the Pro bundles but neither one offers enough for me to justify the purchase. The items in both are just a little too cartoony for me and a little too out there (especially that Osaka hair). If I can’t use them for anything right now then I might as well wait. However, if buying Aiko 5 now means significant savings all March long then it could be worth it in the end. Still, I’ll wait a little in case something is officially stated.

Posted: 27 February 2013 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2012-02-05
Cypherfox - 27 February 2013 01:12 AM

I cannot understand why a possible discount on items that you might or might not want, and might or might not be able to afford, would have a deep effect on whether you purchase an item you don’t want.

This is because of the way the promo is worded. It’s too broad. How it reads is that it covers the entire MM sales promo running the entire month. This means the item may provide a bigger savings that would make it worth the purchase on that alone. Knowing whether the base alone or only the bundles will provide these savings would certainly be helpful. You might not get why this is important, but it is for a lot of people with concerns about their budgets, what the products they’ve been looking to buy but feel they are overpriced, and many other reasons.

But, really, the main issue is that the promos, whether this one or some other recent ones, have been too vague of late. That does not help the buying customers make their decision any, and, in fact, just makes them wary and think twice which is contrary to what the marketing strategy is supposed to accomplish which is to entice them to buy.

Signature 

Follow the exploits of SERVANT in this digital comic series! The First Issue is Free to Download!
or as a webcomic at http://servant.thecomicseries.com/

Check out my Deviantart Gallery, Facebook page, and over at the DAZ Art Studio.

Posted: 27 February 2013 02:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5565
Joined  2006-02-20

More things to buy to get Extra savings - Garibaldi is now out.
“Buy today and get extra savings throughout March Madness!”
(Will the extra savings of A5 and Garibaldi add?) LOL

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 27 February 2013 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1576
Joined  2005-02-25

I absolutely do not think daz would stack two extra savings on top of march madness.
and i absolutely am sick of vague unworded details and refusing to list sale end dates.

Posted: 27 February 2013 02:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  605
Joined  2007-05-26

My thinking is they will have a coupon discount for those who have already bought Aiko5 before March Madness….. but will also have the Aiko5 Pro bundle as a buy-it-all prize… so there is an incentive both ways.

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 27 February 2013 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-05
Kerya - 27 February 2013 02:26 AM

Yet another example of an unclear promo. Who actually thinks these work? This is an archaic marketing practice when people were easily enticed by getting something for free. cool hmm

Signature 

Follow the exploits of SERVANT in this digital comic series! The First Issue is Free to Download!

Posted: 27 February 2013 04:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

I don’t think it works, that’s why I added the “LOL”.
I bought both, but not for the extra savings.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 27 February 2013 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-02-05
Kerya - 27 February 2013 04:50 AM

I don’t think it works, that’s why I added the “LOL”.
I bought both, but not for the extra savings.

Oh, no, didn’t mean anything by it. Just responded to there being another promo connected to MM as with the A5 one where the details are sketchy.

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2013 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02

I’d like to add my whine to the stack. We seriously need more info.

Thanks to those who got the vague answer we have so far.

Not necessarily impossible, if there were one coupon for Garibaldi, another for A5, and a third for both.

The savings aren’t likely to apply to PA items, of course, because Daz likes to cap it at 50%.

If they do the DO coupon chain, again… Then to be throughout, each DO coupon, in the chain, would have 4 versions…
(And Magento would have to check if you deserve the version you use, every day, without barfing).

My guess:

Let’s assume “throughout” is unintentionally misleading, because something, in the wording, generally is.

A catchup coupon - works on any day’s DO item(s), without the previous day’s coupon.

Single-use, though. 4 codes: Garibaldi gets you one, A5 gets you one, A5 starter gets you two, A5 Pro gets you three.

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 27 February 2013 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
T Jaiman - 27 February 2013 05:45 AM

Single-use, though. 4 codes: Garibaldi gets you one, A5 gets you one, A5 starter gets you two, A5 Pro gets you three.

I don’t see any marketing that says Garibaldi saves you anything on MM. I see a banner that says save 20% on hair…

EDIT: NVM I see the email now.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 27 February 2013 08:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

So simply ask,, what actually means these sales word ?
Please anyone guide me who can not understand these meanig clear.

about, Garibaldi Express Hair System

for DAZ Studio 4.5 save 30% now
today and tomorrow only!

Buy today and get extra savings throughout March Madness!
(it seems same word about Aiko5, then I bought A5 already.
so the price down become twice @@;??  )

and,, all DAZ hair 20% OFF, today and tomorroe only,, it said.

but when march madness sale,, I believe I may gat daz hairs more kind price,,
is it wrong:roll:

Posted: 27 February 2013 08:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2010-12-22

Seriously?

Two promos in a row playing the same game. I can’t imagine that this isn’t intentional.

Officially sitting this one out, barring further clarification. Fool me once, shame on me…

Really ridiculous.

Posted: 27 February 2013 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  540
Joined  2010-09-02
kitakoredaz - 27 February 2013 08:30 AM

all DAZ hair 20% OFF, today and tomorroe only,, it said.

but when march madness sale,, I believe I may gat daz hairs more kind price,,
is it wrong rolleyes

In the March Madness-es that I’ve been here for… the Daz Original deals were for the items Daz chose each day.

So you might not get any Daz Original hair, from March Madness.

But there are so many Daz Original sales flying at us, you could probably save a lot more than 20% on many/all of their hairs, sometime this year.

Just to mention it - in the March Madness sales that I’ve seen, there were also 1-day sales on a small number of PA items. (Typically new items).

Signature 

Windows:          DAZ History Manager         Daz Wishlist Manager         3D Content Downloader

Firefox Fixes for the Old Forum:      Bookmarks       Images

Fun With Bundles Thread 2

Posted: 27 February 2013 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20
MadisonXF - 27 February 2013 08:40 AM

Seriously?

Two promos in a row playing the same game. I can’t imagine that this isn’t intentional.

Officially sitting this one out, barring further clarification. Fool me once, shame on me…

Really ridiculous.

I bought both - because I wanted both ...
Aiko5 because she is cute, Garibaldi because I played with the beta and found it easy to use (and because there is no extra activation).
The March Madness extra savings didn’t make me buy them.

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2013 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1881
Joined  2012-03-24

But there are so many Daz Original sales flying at us, you could probably save a lot more than 20% on many/all of their hairs, sometime this year.

yeah,, I think so rolleyes
I have never experienced March Madness sales, so I do not know How mad daz ^^;
The more MAD , the more I LOVE.

5 of 6