Digital Art Zone

2 of 6
AIKO 5 and March Madness
Posted: 25 February 2013 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  196
Joined  2005-07-18
jakiblue - 25 February 2013 03:03 AM

I’m wondering what is meant by “buy Aiko 5 now and save even more on March Madness”.
I just got the email newsletter and I’m dying to get A5, but I want to wait and see what that means as I’ve noticed that often prices change etc from when the newsletter goes out ad stuff is released, and later on.

My sentiments exactly…...plus…..“save even more on March Madness” without any details to me is like buying the proverbial pig in a poke LOL

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_16.png

Posted: 25 February 2013 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  135
Joined  0
Richard Haseltine - 25 February 2013 05:44 AM
BorgyB - 25 February 2013 05:32 AM
Jennyver - 25 February 2013 04:54 AM

Pro Bundle
http://www.daz3d.com/aiko-5-products/aiko-5-pro-bundle

Starter Bundle
https://www.daz3d.com/aiko-5-starter-bundle

Curiously, only the bundles are showing up on the shop page right now under new releases. I guess the individual products (though they have stand-alone have pages already) won’t have an entry under new releases until the staff updates the page later today.

That’s normal - the bundle appears in new releases, the individual items don’t so as not to swamp the listing. It doesn’t always work, but that’s how it’s meant to go.

It’s a good idea, yes - but the two texture addons that aren’t in any bundle should really be in the new items too I think.

I only saw them when I followed the promos link after I’d bought the bundle, so I’ll get them later ...

Posted: 25 February 2013 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  961
Joined  2006-02-27

To me she looks like terai yuki 2

Posted: 25 February 2013 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  299
Joined  2008-10-01
azoohouse - 25 February 2013 07:29 AM

I’m wondering what is meant by “buy Aiko 5 now and save even more on March Madness”.
I just got the email newsletter and I’m dying to get A5, but I want to wait and see what that means as I’ve noticed that often prices change etc from when the newsletter goes out ad stuff is released, and later on.

My sentiments exactly…...plus…..“save even more on March Madness” without any details to me is like buying the proverbial pig in a poke LOL

As seems to be customary these days the vague and ambiguous wording in the promo leaves me none the wiser as to what actually is on offer. Is this a 24 hour only sale? I doubt it, but does “today” mean literally that or does it mean “while this promotion is in effect”? And what does “save more” mean specifically? How much more? Does one have to purchase a specific bundle or will just the Aiko 5 figure suffice? And when it says one can save on “all” MM sales, does it literally mean all, or will there be other qualifying requirements? The specific details of this promotion could be the deciding factor on what and when people decide to splash out on, and surely Daz wants us all to be so enticed as to get the new Aiko items immediately, so I wish they were more clear with their enticements! Of course one could just buy everything and then when the details become clear make the decision as to the value of the promotion and return the items if one feels underwhelmed, but that is such a pain for all concerned, and surely not in anyone’s interest. Certainly not Daz’s!

Hopefully when the Dazzles and Dazzlettes arrive at work someone will elaborate on the promotion details smile

Posted: 25 February 2013 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  545
Joined  2010-10-15

I like the look of her. Pay day Thursday. Probably will get the starter bundle. Couple of interesting items there.

Posted: 25 February 2013 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10574
Joined  2005-10-07
JohnDelaquiox - 25 February 2013 07:42 AM

To me she looks like terai yuki 2

kissing cousins?

Signature 

°  °   °   °   °   °
DSP4.6.2.118 Valentina Luxus ManualD/L C85P PP12 W3d99.5

Posted: 25 February 2013 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  961
Joined  2006-02-27

Could be!

I could have sworn Girl 5 was going to be next but oh well.

Posted: 25 February 2013 09:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2010-12-22
Dr Stupid - 25 February 2013 07:51 AM

As seems to be customary these days the vague and ambiguous wording in the promo leaves me none the wiser as to what actually is on offer. Is this a 24 hour only sale? I doubt it, but does “today” mean literally that or does it mean “while this promotion is in effect”? And what does “save more” mean specifically? How much more? Does one have to purchase a specific bundle or will just the Aiko 5 figure suffice? And when it says one can save on “all” MM sales, does it literally mean all, or will there be other qualifying requirements? The specific details of this promotion could be the deciding factor on what and when people decide to splash out on, and surely Daz wants us all to be so enticed as to get the new Aiko items immediately, so I wish they were more clear with their enticements! Of course one could just buy everything and then when the details become clear make the decision as to the value of the promotion and return the items if one feels underwhelmed, but that is such a pain for all concerned, and surely not in anyone’s interest. Certainly not Daz’s!

Hopefully when the Dazzles and Dazzlettes arrive at work someone will elaborate on the promotion details smile

This is so on the mark.

Incredibly frustrating. I really don’t understand why Daz keeps having this kind of issue. It has become expected at this point. Really no excuse.

I really want to grab the Pro bundle, but I’m going to wait until some actual details are provided, more on principle than anything else.

Posted: 25 February 2013 09:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  135
Joined  2003-10-09
Son of Belmont - 25 February 2013 03:11 AM

Well damn long face
Is Aiko no longer an anime figure?  ...because there isn’t a great deal about Aiko 5 that looks very anime
I am very disappointed! Hiro 5 looked great why does Aiko 5 look so terrible?

also
“This Beautiful character was expertly designed and crafted by using highly detailed scan data from a live model”
Why the heck would you do something like that for a anime character, anime is all about stylisation not realism.

Yeah, that does seem rather odd. 

Aiko 3 is still my favorite for an anime girl.

Posted: 25 February 2013 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  857
Joined  2005-11-06

I have to admit I couldn’t have cared less for a new Aiko since I rarely do Anime type characters, but I really like the look of Aiko 5, especially her face and knowing I can mix and match with existing genesis and genX morphs, has her jumping into the cart.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 25 February 2013 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2012-02-05
MadisonXF - 25 February 2013 09:05 AM
Dr Stupid - 25 February 2013 07:51 AM

This is so on the mark.

Incredibly frustrating. I really don’t understand why Daz keeps having this kind of issue. It has become expected at this point. Really no excuse.

I really want to grab the Pro bundle, but I’m going to wait until some actual details are provided, more on principle than anything else.

While I’m not grabbing A5 for now for not having a Legacy Installer, I agree on the consensus that the vague details of the promotions don’t do any favors. Customers, especially today, want to know what the promos will yield. Sure, we’re buying products primarily for the product itself and that additional stuff is just a bonus, but with most people being budget conscious these days, letting them know what the bonus is should be mandatory if companies want to entice them to buy right here, right now.

Signature 

Follow the exploits of SERVANT in this digital comic series! The First Issue is Free to Download!
or as a webcomic at http://servant.thecomicseries.com/

Check out my Deviantart Gallery, Facebook page, and over at the DAZ Art Studio.

Posted: 25 February 2013 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  202
Joined  2010-12-22
BorgyB - 25 February 2013 10:24 AM

While I’m not grabbing A5 for now for not having a Legacy Installer, I agree on the consensus that the vague details of the promotions don’t do any favors. Customers, especially today, want to know what the promos will yield. Sure, we’re buying products primarily for the product itself and that additional stuff is just a bonus, but with most people being budget conscious these days, letting them know what the bonus is should be mandatory if companies want to entice them to buy right here, right now.

Exactly. If you tell me that buying the Pro bundle means that I will get an additional 25% off all March Madness promotions, well then ok. But what if I just buy Aiko 5? Do I still get a discount? How much of a discount?

It wouldn’t be as much of a problem if this kind of thing didn’t seem to be so common at this point with Daz. I feel like there is substantial, unneccessary confusion with the majority of sales.

Just take my money, Daz. Don’t make it so hard for me to give it to you wink

Posted: 25 February 2013 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04

I noticed everything changed from 51% to 30%.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 25 February 2013 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2831
Joined  2004-04-14
Ledhead - 25 February 2013 10:42 AM

I noticed everything changed from 51% to 30%.

Did you log out or get logged out?

I bought the pro bundle and I still see the 51% if I am logged in.

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 25 February 2013 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1615
Joined  2012-01-04

There must be a problem with pricing right now because the PC items are not $1.99.

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

2 of 6