Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Install Manager 1 question
Posted: 26 February 2013 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8649
Joined  2007-11-06

Do you mean there’s actually only one file there?  Or are there two with different extensions?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 26 February 2013 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  325
Joined  2005-10-02
fixmypcmike - 26 February 2013 12:25 PM

Do you mean there’s actually only one file there?  Or are there two with different extensions?

Actually, it points to the same folder - not to a file - so you are correct: two extensions (.duf and .dsf). Not sure whether I need both but it is looking as though I don’t.

Posted: 26 February 2013 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2006-12-17

Install Manager work great for me what I did was just make a blank folder name it install manager 1 and connected IM and DAZ to it and went and installed everything to that, work great for me it made it’s own folders as I installed my files from my account.

The only problem I had was some of my stuff is not in the download list I can get them from my account and download them from there but IM doesn’t see them. Also I have Light Dome Pro and that not there any more what up with that is it discontinued? and the Martian ship are now just zip files and no installer, have to manually install them.

I Light Dome Pro not used in DAZ 4.5 any more and that why the got rid of it?

So when U go threw all that change over make sure all your stuff is listed in the ready to download tab

Posted: 26 February 2013 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
marble - 26 February 2013 12:31 PM
fixmypcmike - 26 February 2013 12:25 PM

Actually, it points to the same folder - not to a file - so you are correct: two extensions (.duf and .dsf). Not sure whether I need both but it is looking as though I don’t.

For DS4.5 you just need the ,duf version.  If there were two zips, the legacy one would be the one to uninstall.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 26 February 2013 03:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-06
bertfarry - 26 February 2013 12:34 PM

Install Manager work great for me what I did was just make a blank folder name it install manager 1 and connected IM and DAZ to it and went and installed everything to that, work great for me it made it’s own folders as I installed my files from my account.

The only problem I had was some of my stuff is not in the download list I can get them from my account and download them from there but IM doesn’t see them. Also I have Light Dome Pro and that not there any more what up with that is it discontinued? and the Martian ship are now just zip files and no installer, have to manually install them.

I Light Dome Pro not used in DAZ 4.5 any more and that why the got rid of it?

So when U go threw all that change over make sure all your stuff is listed in the ready to download tab

They’re still adding items.  They haven’t done any plugins yet—from the change log it looks like they’re currently adding in the code needed for non-content products, like software and plugins.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Updated Genesis Products

2 of 2