Digital Art Zone

5 of 7
Genesis in Poser
Posted: 22 December 2012 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2003-10-09

rather slow in poser. probably too slow to be all that useable at this stage.
Love esther

Posted: 23 December 2012 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2011-11-21
esther - 22 December 2012 11:41 PM

rather slow in poser. probably too slow to be all that useable at this stage.
Love esther

It’s the “projection” stage, involved in adding conforming clothing, that is just painfully slow to run, for me still.

Hopefully this will have been able to be improved in the next build???

At present, provided I don’t add more than a couple of Genesis figures to a scene, most other operations are not too bad.

It generates multiple progress windows too, when the “projection” is running. Which makes me think its got something wrong with it still…

It seems it takes almost as long to complete the projection stage, each time that has to run, for some things, as it does to run Wardrobe Wizard on an item of conforming clothing!

Posted: 23 December 2012 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2003-10-09

Each time you add or change something (like a morph), the DSON thing goes through ALL the DSON items. It is not only for that figure, but for all genesis figures.
So every time you add an additional item it takes progressively longer.
This looks like a simple bug in the addon and they should be able to correct this

Posted: 24 December 2012 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2007-07-23

I"m having a problem with poke-thru on the breasts with the Genesis Bikini Top and a standard V5 morph.  If I zero out V5 and set the default Female to1.0, the top fits fine.  There are no breast morphs and as far as I can tell, any breast setting larger than the default cause poke-thru.  I used the DSON Transfer Active Morphs script and it didn’t fix it. I gave up and deleted the top since it was just a test render anyway.  But it’s annoying.

Posted: 31 January 2013 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-10-13

Just downloaded DSON Importer 1.0.0.56 for Mac64.  I noticed the speed increase right away.  Loading characters was quicker and the transfer active morphs was very quick.  It looks like just the necessary morphs are transferred (or at least that is what is displayed).

However, I’m still experiencing general slowness when I load clothing or multiple characters.  Dials are very slow and do not respond to mouse movement as quickly as I need them to.  Zooming, panning, rotating within the scene creates a 3 second delay that is just too frustrating to work with.  I’ve become accustomed to this when I have many of Gen 4 characters loaded in a scene and have developed strategies to deal with this.  But for a simple scene with only two characters… I just can’t use this and be productive.

Posted: 01 February 2013 05:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1314
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ve only just gotten around to trying out the new DSON method of using Genesis (rendering images of humans isn’t generally my thing) but I have found that turning SubDivision off in the DSON Support menu (off the Scripts menu!) really REALLY helps speed things up while you’re working - just turn it back on before rendering or when sorting out any “issues” (pokethrough etc) that arise while building your scene.

Naturally, with SubDivision off things will look a little rougher while you’re working - but the speed improvement should be quite noticeable. I hope that might help, at least a bit smile

Cheers,

Cliff

Image Attachments
SetSubdivisionOff.png
 Signature 

Cliff’s Store

Posted: 04 April 2013 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7665
Joined  2009-07-13

OK, tried a cr2 export of my late Mum facegen character in PP2012
yes it works
yes the aniblock importer works on her too!
yes I can change texture poses!
yes yes yes Mimic pro actually worked and she talks

but clothing????????????
saved also as cr2
conformed
transfered active morphs with DSON python script
sits above her shoulders perfectly shaped and conformed?????????????
Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Image Attachments
dson_mum.jpg
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 04 April 2013 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

these are the settings I used

Image Attachments
clothes.jpg
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 09 April 2013 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8697
Joined  2007-11-06

I’m guessing that since you used CR2 export rather than DSON import there is no scaling factor.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 09 April 2013 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1010
Joined  2007-11-28

In the parameters of the Body of the clothing check Include Morphs when Conforming and Include Scales when Conforming, and try selecting Follow Origins and/or Match End points when conforming.

The Transfer Active Morph Script is for DSON imported clothing; I don’t know if it has any effect on CR2 exported clothing…

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 15 April 2013 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2003-12-07

LOL funny thing is I just always convert a whole Daz Scene to a Poser Scene and it always works just fine (I havn’t used poser to Pose for quite a long time now).

Posted: 15 April 2013 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  191
Joined  2003-10-09
Arcane Von Oblivion - 15 April 2013 06:42 PM

LOL funny thing is I just always convert a whole Daz Scene to a Poser Scene and it always works just fine (I havn’t used poser to Pose for quite a long time now).

You must have the patience of an army of angels…..

Posted: 15 April 2013 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-07-13

lol. Dimension 3D’s python script solved my woes but now a new one!
textures
I end up manually applying them but for an odd reason the elven cape is not rendering?

Image Attachments
setting.jpgrender.jpg
 Signature 

my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 15 April 2013 09:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2003-12-07
WimvdB - 15 April 2013 06:57 PM
Arcane Von Oblivion - 15 April 2013 06:42 PM

You must have the patience of an army of angels…..

Well….yes…but not for the actual Import into poser. Mine stems from the curent tests I am doing with Reality 3 (yes I don’t have it for Daz). thing is I dont know my pipeline yet. But I do know I want Dynamic hair and Cloth at some point and Dz doesnt yet allow it the way I want it…so….

Posted: 08 October 2013 04:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  493
Joined  2003-10-09

I tried V6 and to my surprise she seemed to work a little faster than V5 in poser, and she also has some different dials with dson controls - not sure what they do though.

5 of 7