Carraraesque Music?
Posted: 16 March 2013 01:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8393
Joined  2009-07-13

Blah, keep your DAWs and stuff
after looking some more at LMMS,  and scratching my head
I went o the HiFi store and saw a Yamaha piano keyboard and Roland Gaia synth on sale, bought both and a mic
gonna record live noises

Image Attachments
2013-03-16_15.39_.00_.jpg
 Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 16 March 2013 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4926
Joined  2004-07-01
wendy♥catz - 16 March 2013 01:26 AM

Blah, keep your DAWs and stuff
after looking some more at LMMS,  and scratching my head
I went o the HiFi store and saw a Yamaha piano keyboard and Roland Gaia synth on sale, bought both and a mic
gonna record live noises

go get it girl - good on you

Posted: 16 March 2013 10:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04

Both of which could benefit from a good DAW, but I like your approach! Old school is where I’ve lived my whole life… and I love it there.
My drums setup is still 100% acoustic. Since I bought my Yamaha kit, which is still considered top-of-the-line quality, I’ve realized that I’d never have to buy a new kit ever again. And they’re holding true to that philosophy over 20 years later smile

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 16 March 2013 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

BTW Wendy,
Love that Monarch amp! Well, the keys too. When I worked in the industry, Yamaha and Roland were both incredibly trusted names - and have been since they began business way back when. Casio began looking more like toys, but really jumped ahead towards the big league somewhere in the 80s.
Many other good names out there. But I’ve never seen anyone go wrong with a Yammy or Roland, who also makes those great Boss guitar pedals and such.

Can’t wait to check out some new jams from our girl!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 16 March 2013 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
wendy♥catz - 16 March 2013 01:26 AM

Blah, keep your DAWs and stuff.

No problem there… consider it kept! wink
In periods of very little time, I’ve really been enjoying using Magix Music Maker Premium as a very Carraraesque Music building machine. I’ve purchased a few more soundpools for it - which each came with more than 500 loops per pack, and the collection of stuff just got highly enormous. Very soon I’ll have my Keystation Pro hooked up to it, and rather than my original intentions of just recording an entire score to the DAW, I’m going to add my writings as usable loops, like the Catooh Soundpools packs. Then I’ll have more flexibility of making various background tracks to mach the on screen action. Really looking forward to that.

Bummer story:
My guitarist almost died on us. He’s been struggling with a lung disease for years and has really attacked him a month or so ago - and was in critical condition for two days and nights - and remained hospitalized that whole week plus a couple days. Now he’s recovering so very slowly that he has announced his permanent retiring from the band. We have a great guitarist coming in to fill his role, but not his shoes. We (My singer and I) told him that the door is always open - any time, any gig, anywhere. He’s now under 80 lb.s from his usual 90 something - just a skinny little guy. But I’m praying for him every day.

Signature 

Posted: 01 May 2013 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8393
Joined  2009-07-13

well the scene with A3 Mulberry was rendered in Carrara ( the rest iClone) but my music http://youtu.be/NTcpIJX_eHI

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 01 May 2013 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Very cool! You made the tunes too… That’s very cool, Wendy!

“Are you happy? I guess not. Too bad. I am”! LOL
I love that!

I have been too bogged down to mess with mine of late. But I have a really cool base soundtrack for the title sequence of my upcoming episodes that really turned out cool, I think. I still haven’t tried using my midi controller with it yet. That will expand it to new heights and allow me to make my own scores - really excited about that.

Wendy,
Thanks for sharing your wisdom and cool projects!
Dart

Signature 

6 of 6