Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Changing Colors of Skin Shaders?
Posted: 20 February 2013 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2009-06-30
Garstor - 20 February 2013 12:55 PM
LadyZRissa - 20 February 2013 12:32 PM

OK, Did all this & not showing up in the render.

Can you do a screen capture of your shader tree settings and possibly your model too? Seeing those might help one of us pinpoint the problem.

Image Attachments
coloring_screen.jpgmodel.jpg

Posted: 20 February 2013 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04

Ahahhh!
Young Miss,
You’ve opened the wrong shader! wink
You need to double click the one’s in the list on the right side, not the top global one.

I forgot to mention this, however:
Before doing all of this, go to the assembly room (Main Window) and do this:
Edit > Remove unused masters > consolidate duplicate shaders

This will make it easier - as you’ll have less overall shader instances to change wink
Now go…
Off with you. Make your colors, and be fun and happy with it!
Sorry for not mentioning that stuff right from the start.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 20 February 2013 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6145
Joined  2006-08-27

‘Cause I like pictures! wink

This image started with the same shader for each female model. I added a multiplier and used a very light tan color with the texture map to give the A4 version a darker tone. As Dartanbeck and Joemamma suggest, I find it easier, though 3Dage’s mixer method works great as well, the plus side for me using 3sdages’ method is that I find I have more control if I want to animate a change in shaders.

Carrara already comes with some very nice included shaders, so if I don’t have to buy any and yet still get a variance, then I’m all for saving a buck or two!

Image Attachments
Bikini-Car-wash-GI.jpg
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 20 February 2013 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
evilproducer - 20 February 2013 02:42 PM

‘Cause I like pictures! wink

This image started with the same shader for each female model. I added a multiplier and used a very light tan color with the texture map to give the A4 version a darker tone. As Dartanbeck and Joemamma suggest, I find it easier, though 3Dage’s mixer method works great as well, the plus side for me using 3sdages’ method is that I find I have more control if I want to animate a change in shaders.

Carrara already comes with some very nice included shaders, so if I don’t have to buy any and yet still get a variance, then I’m all for saving a buck or two!

Right. I use the mixer as well. I often use the mixer with other textures as well. You can even increase the contrast in your color channel by mixing it with your spec or bump maps and adjusting to get the effect you want.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 20 February 2013 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6145
Joined  2006-08-27

And let’s not forget that you can do mixers with multipliers and mixers with mixers with mixers and noise and color… What you can do to a simple texture map in Carrara without actually altering the original map, boggles the mind. The possibilities seem nearly infinite!

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 20 February 2013 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2009-06-30
Dartanbeck - 20 February 2013 01:41 PM

Ahahhh!
Young Miss,
You’ve opened the wrong shader! wink
You need to double click the one’s in the list on the right side, not the top global one.

I forgot to mention this, however:
Before doing all of this, go to the assembly room (Main Window) and do this:
Edit > Remove unused masters > consolidate duplicate shaders

This will make it easier - as you’ll have less overall shader instances to change wink
Now go…
Off with you. Make your colors, and be fun and happy with it!
Sorry for not mentioning that stuff right from the start.

There was the missing piece! Thanks.  Believe or not, I did know to Edit>remove>consolidate
I will post a test render or 2 later this evening.  My pal really wants this piece, so need to finish up the other parts.

Posted: 20 February 2013 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Bravo!

Signature 

Posted: 20 February 2013 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1418
Joined  2011-01-03
LadyZRissa - 20 February 2013 04:20 PM

I will post a test render or 2 later this evening.  My pal really wants this piece, so need to finish up the other parts.

Looking forward to seeing the results. Honestly though, you shouldn’t let Dart off the hook for misleading you…  wink

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 20 February 2013 06:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2009-06-30

This is 1 of the test renders I just finished.  I think it looks good for a first effort.
(Just in case anyone recognizes the lady’s species, this is a non-commercial project.  (I think I’m still very much the literal amateur, doing it for love))

Let him off the hook?  I’ll forgive him if he—or somebody—please explains how to use the Scale tool with something, in this case the headress & tails, that’s conformed to the main model.  My “patron” would like the tails shorter & I am very wary of the Model Tab

Image Attachments
purple_sandals_1.jpg

Posted: 20 February 2013 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1825
Joined  2004-08-24

HI LadyZRissa smile

please explains how to use the Scale tool with something, in this case the headress & tails, that’s conformed to the main model.

conformed figures can’t be scaled, because they’re conforming to the figure,. they’re being “forced” to follow the shape and position of the figures bones.

You could load the model and “parent” it manually to the figures head in the Scene Instance List,.. on the right,.
then you could scale it independently of the figure.

However,. If you scale it in the assembly room, then you’ll be limited to scaling the entire hair model,..

You’ll only be able to select the individual parts of the model, and scale them, in the Modeller, or in “Edit” mode, in the assembly room.

Look at the model and see if it has any morphs. you may be able to adjust the model using those.

If there are no morphs, then you can create your own in the Vertex modeller,.
You’d open the model in the modeller by double clicking on it,.. then select the area of the model you want to create a morph for,.
Switch to the morphs tab, in the modeller, and “Create” a “Morph Area”,.
Create a new morph target by clicking the little blue button on the right
then click the “Edit” button,. for the new morph target,..
Adjust the scale or position of the selected polygons or vertices, and click to “Validate” the morph.

Return to the Assembly room, select the model, and you’ll see a Morphs selection area.
Select your morphs area in the list and adjust the slider.

Don’t fear the modelling room.

save your scene before you make major changes,... then if you make a mess you can always reload it.

Hope it helps smile

2 of 2