Digital Art Zone

7 of 7
Garabaldi vs Look at My Hair….. Please Clarify
Posted: 11 March 2013 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1585
Joined  2005-02-25

Well here’s an image I did with Look at My Hair for a contest at Dreamslayers… I love how fur turns out, and this hair was exported as object, and rendered in minutes! LOVELY.
(edit to add the picture… haha…oops!)

Image Attachments
BloodThirstyBunnyS.jpg

Posted: 27 March 2013 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2007-06-29

I think I’m going with Garibaldi.  I think it’s easier to use and style from what I’ve seen and both applications seem to be close anyway.  Since I would use them like I do the DAZ models, just as reference for painting, I care more about intuitive interface and ease of use and I think Garibaldi has that covered.

Posted: 03 April 2013 01:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2009-08-28

Which one would be able to style a knotted ponytail?

Like, I have a character that ties his hair back into a ponytail knot. In a knot and the long tail is going through the center. It’s still pulled up into a high tail and still going down to his ankles.

Posted: 03 April 2013 01:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1846
Joined  2006-02-17
Vata Raven - 03 April 2013 01:29 AM

Which one would be able to style a knotted ponytail?

Like, I have a character that ties his hair back into a ponytail knot. In a knot and the long tail is going through the center. It’s still pulled up into a high tail and still going down to his ankles.

A modification of this free preset:  http://www.furrythings.com/wp-content/uploads/alia-kuru.jpg

Kuru Hair

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 03 April 2013 02:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5761
Joined  2006-02-20

It is possible in Garibaldi too: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/17751/P285/#271620
But there is no freebie preset like Alia’s ...

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

7 of 7