3 of 7
Garabaldi vs Look at My Hair….. Please Clarify
Posted: 28 February 2013 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2774
Joined  2007-12-25
SickleYield - 27 February 2013 04:13 PM

Part of the problem with LAMH is that it’s very hotkey dependant so the controls are inherently less intuitive.  I’m fine with this in Blender, because Blender has hotkey charts out the wazoo for me to look at.  Is there one for LAMH anywhere? I can’t find where in all the video tutorials it says, for instance, how to scale the brush.

This is potentially an issue for me. I’m not a fan of hotkey-only interfaces. I like having them available, but when I’m first using a program, I prefer being able to access all the functions in a menu.

Does Garibaldi provide both hotkey and menu-based controls? I can’t afford to get both of them right now.

On the other hand, I do use the scripted renderer for some things, so if Garibaldi won’t work with that, it’s less useful to me….

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 28 February 2013 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1831
Joined  2006-02-17
zigraphix - 28 February 2013 06:28 AM

Part of the problem with LAMH is that it’s very hotkey dependant so the controls are inherently less intuitive.  I’m fine with this in Blender, because Blender has hotkey charts out the wazoo for me to look at.  Is there one for LAMH anywhere? I can’t find where in all the video tutorials it says, for instance, how to scale the brush.

This is potentially an issue for me. I’m not a fan of hotkey-only interfaces. I like having them available, but when I’m first using a program, I prefer being able to access all the functions in a menu.

Does Garibaldi provide both hotkey and menu-based controls? I can’t afford to get both of them right now.

On the other hand, I do use the scripted renderer for some things, so if Garibaldi won’t work with that, it’s less useful to me….

We’re adding a toolbar/icon based interface to LAMH for the next update for those who don’t like keyboards.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 February 2013 09:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  615
Joined  2006-09-27
Kendall Sears - 28 February 2013 07:29 AM
zigraphix - 28 February 2013 06:28 AM

We’re adding a toolbar/icon based interface to LAMH for the next update for those who don’t like keyboards.

Kendall

That’s good to hear.  I don’t mind keyboard hotkeys, I just don’t have too much time for learning and removing (or lessening) the required need to lookup a hotkey will just make it quicker if I ever get around to even installing LAMH.  I haven’t installed anything recently except thru the DIM since that is on my new/uncluttered laptop.

Posted: 28 February 2013 09:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1577
Joined  2005-02-25

It’s not really a lot of hot keys, only 4 that i ever use…. ^^;

Posted: 28 February 2013 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  582
Joined  2006-10-01

I´m 100% an anti-hotkey guy, but I had no issues with LAMH.
Syill I’m glad to read there is an alternative for that in the works. :D

Signature 

Simplified guide to Genesis content creation.

My gallery.

Posted: 28 February 2013 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2774
Joined  2007-12-25

That answers my concern. Now I just have to wonder… will it be on sale in March? Should I wait? wink

(I can’t do any rendering right now anyway… my content is all messed up at the moment and I’m too busy teaching statistics after hours to have time to sort it out.)

Signature 

Shop Zigraphix @ DAZ3D

Posted: 28 February 2013 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  986
Joined  2005-11-27

As a Poser user primarily, would buying the Garabaldi system to make hairs for use in my Poser scenes be worth it? I haven’t really learned DS yet, but I am somewhat familiar with it, and have no problem playing in it to port items to Poser.

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 28 February 2013 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1831
Joined  2006-02-17
zigraphix - 28 February 2013 12:07 PM

That answers my concern. Now I just have to wonder… will it be on sale in March? Should I wait? wink

(I can’t do any rendering right now anyway… my content is all messed up at the moment and I’m too busy teaching statistics after hours to have time to sort it out.)

LAMH will indeed be on sale during marchmadness. 

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 28 February 2013 05:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2005-01-28

Did anybody else have Norton say the Garibaldi download was unsafe and then quarantine it?

Posted: 28 February 2013 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Quasar - 28 February 2013 05:59 PM

Did anybody else have Norton say the Garibaldi download was unsafe and then quarantine it?

Norton does that for a lot of DAZ files…and it has nothing to do with whether or not the file is malicious, but rather everything to do with the ‘feature’ that equates file ‘safety’ with the number of times it shows up in some database kept by Symantec…it’s a ‘reputation based’ ranking system.  So new files, because they don’t have a place in the db, MUST be bad…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 28 February 2013 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2005-01-28

Thanks grin I figured it was something like that. That’s why I already have it installed. It was just a bit of a surprise because it was also a different type of installer too.

Posted: 01 March 2013 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3416
Joined  2012-02-06
belovedalia - 27 February 2013 03:11 PM

t totally depends on user!  Just like some say that Poser is easier/more intuitve vs DS…. LOL.

For me, I thought that LAMH was easier and more intuitive, and I have done long hair styles with it too.

These are beautiful! I’ve seen some of your work on www.furrythings.com but hadn’t realized that “Alia” was you…

Signature 

Community Volunteer
Monthly New User Contests!

My tutorials and FAQs | My Gallery | My Render Thread
Visit my world… Tornalia.com | http://scottlivingston.deviantart.com

Posted: 01 March 2013 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1577
Joined  2005-02-25
Scott-Livingston - 01 March 2013 08:44 AM

t totally depends on user!  Just like some say that Poser is easier/more intuitve vs DS…. LOL.

For me, I thought that LAMH was easier and more intuitive, and I have done long hair styles with it too.

These are beautiful! I’ve seen some of your work on www.furrythings.com but hadn’t realized that “Alia” was you…

Yep… Beloved_Alia smile

Well I’m not that beloved by anyone really but thar ya see it.

I do love LAMH tho wink

Posted: 01 March 2013 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2010-01-02
belovedalia - 01 March 2013 09:33 AM
Scott-Livingston - 01 March 2013 08:44 AM

Yep… Beloved_Alia smile

Well I’m not that beloved by anyone really but thar ya see it.

I do love LAMH tho wink

I love the beach girl render with the long hair, beautiful character! What did you use for morphs/texture?

Signature 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
My deviantART

Posted: 02 March 2013 01:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2012-03-11
mjc1016 - 28 February 2013 06:45 PM
Quasar - 28 February 2013 05:59 PM

Norton does that for a lot of DAZ files…and it has nothing to do with whether or not the file is malicious, but rather everything to do with the ‘feature’ that equates file ‘safety’ with the number of times it shows up in some database kept by Symantec…it’s a ‘reputation based’ ranking system.  So new files, because they don’t have a place in the db, MUST be bad…

Like some people say, Runtime folder is very infectious.  It keeps you coming back to render more! ^_-

3 of 7