Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Luminance Preset Help?
Posted: 19 February 2013 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04

Where this is really handy, is when you use a light dome. The more the lights, the smoother the shadows. But then, sometimes a brightness of 1 is still too bright, if you want to include the accent light that sets up the prominent incoming light direction. Very cool to have this feature. I just learned about it mid last year when I bought Tim Payne’s Skies Bundle. His light domes are neat! wink But can often require the use of the Master Light controller. I’m sorry if you’ve heard this before…
I Really LOVE Carrara!

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 20 February 2013 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2012-01-13

evilproducer To change the lights all at once, select all the ones you wish to adjust and go to Edit—>Master Light. I window will open where you can include/ exclude light types, settings etc.

Thanks much.

Posted: 20 February 2013 09:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  268
Joined  2009-03-09
3dtoday - 20 February 2013 07:51 AM

evilproducer To change the lights all at once, select all the ones you wish to adjust and go to Edit—>Master Light. I window will open where you can include/ exclude light types, settings etc.

Thanks much.

Is it just me,  or does this cry out for a shortcut Key?  Does anyone else think Carrara needs more shortcut keys?

File menu, Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts, pick the “room” (Assembly is “3D View”), then pick the “categotry” (Master LIght is in Edit), then find the function (Master Light is just over halfway down).  You can assign a shortcut to very nearly anything, but you’ll find that there are more functions available than there are key combinations to choose from smile

Signature 

Come visit my store!

http://www.daz3d.com/fenric
http://fenric.com/wordpress/store/

Posted: 20 February 2013 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2012-01-13

thanks Fenric!

Posted: 20 February 2013 11:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1156
Joined  2004-11-07

I’ve been experimenting a bit with cube lighting using the shape lights. I can’t say the results are better then other lighting solutions, just a bit easier to set up.

2 of 2