Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
Store frustrations
Posted: 29 May 2012 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09

Well I’ve already addressed most of my concerns in another thread of similar nature and most of the things said there by me and others are being mentioned here and these complaints have been lodged by people from as far back as last week and yet not one of them do I see being acknowledged let alone addressed. So how about something to let us know the complaint has been heard and whether or not it’s going to be addressed or ignored?

Posted: 30 May 2012 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2008-11-30

Well, it would be nice to share the link to this other “thread of similar nature” instead of having us search for it.

Anyway, another problem I’ve seen that I’ve not found mentioned:

No way to filter the My Downloadable Products page to show only PC downloads or only MAC downloads.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who misses this feature as I expect most customers either want the PC versions or the MAC versions.

Posted: 30 May 2012 08:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14318
Joined  2003-10-09

This has been mentioned a lot. No official word, but we assume it wasn’t worth implementing when DAZ is going to switch to zips (with an optional install manager application) which won’t have mac and Windows versions, aside from software.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 31 May 2012 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2005-07-09
Alpha Channel - 29 May 2012 06:19 AM

Aside from those already mentioned the one thing that’s really bugging me is I can’t tell what the product is for (i.e. gensis, v4, etc…) at a single glance, instead you have to go rummaging for the information in the Additional Tab. This might be much of a problem if it’s something like a vehicle or a bit of architecture but when it’s stuff for a figure it’s just one additional step that is uneeded (if it’s for genesis then I’m not interested in it, can’t use it in Poser, without firing up DS and farting around with that at any rate).

As a designer you don’t change things for the sake of change as the saying goes if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Slapping in those tabs may look nice but by the gods they are annoying to use (though I quite like the additions such as spell check, though I use a firefox plug in at home for that sort of thing, and character count when posting though).

I hate hate hate the tabs.  Anything that makes me do more clicks is less time I will spend shopping.  And when I bought things in the old store I would save the text on the page as information in a file. Now I have to click each tab to to that?
I can’t trust the page to be there later, because things get pulled from the store all the time…

Posted: 01 June 2012 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  521
Joined  2006-07-28

I already was spending a fraction of what I spent here pre Genesis.  Now, I’m spending even less because the new store is just so user UNfriendly.

I have noticed only a few tiny changes ... things like keywords no longer appearing in the search list so the list doesn’t have as much spaced waste between topics as it originally did.  But ... um ... isn’t that rather a majorly minor thing?  I mean I like the change.  But seriously?  When we’re still not seeing all new products in the store?  60 products per page and 15 products per page give you different counts on products released.  I can’t find the newest $1.99 PC products, though I did finally find one ... for the Genesis Supersuit because it was listed under Poser products (though it doesn’t appear in the full new product list)

So ... now I’m going to close the DAZ store and forums and go do something constructive with my time.  Maybe I’ll check again later this weekend.  And maybe I’ll just shop at RDNA.  Not like I’m going to miss anything being a Poser user.

Last person to leave, don’t forget to turn out the lights

Emile_Khadaji - 29 May 2012 09:05 AM

The new store’s lack of features is raising my sales resistence; which is helping me stay well below my monthly purchase budge.

I miss having the ability to right click on an image and be able to download the LARGE product image for my database of purchased products. Often I would select one of the alternative images as the one I wanted to use for my personal database reference image files. 

Signature 

Satira Capriccio on deviantART

2 of 2