Digital Art Zone

2 of 7
To all Poser users
Posted: 09 June 2012 12:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2004-02-28

I dont know how this situation has affected me personally, just dropped by to unsubscribe to the Daz newsletter…...

Posted: 09 June 2012 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2057
Joined  2003-10-09

Part of the problem is unfortunately Poser users. When Genesis came out with out Poser support many Poser users jumped ship and started shopping elsewhere. Gen 4 sales are up at every store but Daz3D. PAs here will only make what is selling here. If no one is buying Gen 4 products then the PAs will not make them.

Most polls show that Studio users and Poser users are split about 50/50. The sales of Genesis products vs Gen 4 products should reflect this…. but they don’t. Because many Poser users stopped buying here after Genesis, PAs are seeing that there is no money in supporting Gen 4 products here.

Support the PAs who make Gen 4 products and you will see more Gen 4 products. I have been trying to do this as much as possible. But I don’t buy products I don’t use, and many of the Gen 4 items that have been released are things that just don’t fit my render style. But I do still buy Gen 4 products here, many older products I didn’t get when first released.

So far I have only purchased 1 Genesis product, just to give it a try. I’m still lousy at Studio and so I haven’t done much with it. All of my other purchases are Gen 4, critters and vehicles, props and stuff.

Posted: 09 June 2012 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-06-03

As some who started with studio 2 and then moved to poser as it offered far more of what I needed with out having to fork out for add on’s, (that then stopped working with the next build), I am feeling very peeved and cold shouldered right about now. Another good old saying comes to mind “if it an’t broke, don’t fix it!”

Posted: 09 June 2012 01:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1666
Joined  2012-02-07
DreamWeever - 09 June 2012 12:23 AM

As some who started with studio 2 and then moved to poser as it offered far more of what I needed with out having to fork out for add on’s, (that then stopped working with the next build), I am feeling very peeved and cold shouldered right about now. Another good old saying comes to mind “if it an’t broke, don’t fix it!”

Exactly!  If it ain’t broke, don’t change anything! This is why we’re all still happily sitting around a barely lit fire pit, in our caves, wearing raw animal skins, and gnawing on freshly killed antelope, while grunting and pointing to get our meanings across.

Mmm…bloody venison.

Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 09 June 2012 02:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  288
Joined  2008-04-09

Two things people tend to forget, I think;

One, DAZ has tried working with Smith Micro (the current developers of Poser) to get Genesis working in Poser.  SM chose not to continue with that effort, however.

Two, and more importantly, DAZ is an independant company from SM, with their own program and content.  It only makes sense that they would support that program and develop content for it.  In this way, they encourage more people to purchase their program, the same way SM supports and develops content for Poser to get more people to buy it.

And while Genesis may not work in Poser, I haven’t yet encountered a Poser product that doesn’t work to some degree in DAZ Studio.

Posted: 09 June 2012 02:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2005-08-25

Honestly, I haven’t bought anything since the website changed and I’m “scared” to. tongue wink
I downloaded the odd freebie but that’s about it.

I’ve tried Daz over and over again, downloaded the free 4Pro version because I really like to work with Hitomi but me and Daz are just not friends. I can’t get it to work on my PC.

And since I have no problems with Poser or Carrara I have decided to leave it alone and go for Poser2012
Maybe in the near future when Carrara comes with an intergrated Genesis I might, but untill then I will leave the PC for what it is and not renew. Esspecially not with the new changes and rules they made in the new PC.
When it becomes more beneficiary for me, I might become a member again, I don’t know.
Like Daz I look at this in a bussiness kind of way, if it suits me I’ll buy, if not I’ll go elsewhere. No hard feelings grin

I’m neither sad or angry about it, it’s brought me plenty of good stuff, it’s just one of those things.
I don’t look at it as a “personal relationship” and I don’t take it personally either so I don’t feel “dumped” as a Poser user.

But that’s just me

Posted: 09 June 2012 03:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  297
Joined  2009-04-30

In the latest Newsletter DAZ offered 7 items for Poser (4 Props / 3 Clothings/Textures). To speak about “forgetten Poser Users” isn#t really true.

Signature 

www.toon-fashion.de

Posted: 09 June 2012 03:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2003-10-09

I has been said there are 10,000 Poser compatible items in the DAZ store. I don’t see that as not supporting Poser users.

Posted: 09 June 2012 05:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2004-07-01
background - 09 June 2012 03:35 AM

I has been said there are 10,000 Poser compatible items in the DAZ store. I don’t see that as not supporting Poser users.

Those are mainly older products and if you have been around this site for a long time like me most of the stuff you wanted you allready bought.
When you pay for a membership it should be of equal value to both Daz and Poser users and at this time it is not.
The latest clothing items released for Poser are pretty expensive if you ask me and for the rest it is just some furniture props that I can find for free on other sites.
I don’t have a problem with Daz going all in on their new Genisis figure but it will surely cost them some customers.

Posted: 09 June 2012 05:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3311
Joined  2009-08-05
twingo - 09 June 2012 05:50 AM

Those are mainly older products and if you have been around this site for a long time like me most of the stuff you wanted you allready bought.
When you pay for a membership it should be of equal value to both Daz and Poser users and at this time it is not.
The latest clothing items released for Poser are pretty expensive if you ask me and for the rest it is just some furniture props that I can find for free on other sites.
I don’t have a problem with Daz going all in on their new Genisis figure but it will surely cost them some customers.

Collateral damage:) KIll a few to support the new. Sometimes it must be done. To be honest I don’t care where the product I want is being sold as long as it is available and contributes to my cause.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 09 June 2012 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  149
Joined  2004-07-01
Zev0 - 09 June 2012 05:57 AM
twingo - 09 June 2012 05:50 AM

Collateral damage:) KIll a few to support the new. Sometimes it must be done. To be honest I don’t care where the product I want is being sold as long as it is available and contributes to my cause.

Very true, the days that customers were valuable and were listened too are gone, now you use them and throw them away.
I do not think this will change as long as people don’t punish stores for this behaviour.

Posted: 09 June 2012 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3311
Joined  2009-08-05

I think Daz has ben more than reasonable with their gen4 support. Hell, most come from vendors anyway. Remember some companies do a full “we do not support previous versions”. EG microsoft who stopped Win XP support and forced win7 on us. Now we all love win7 and dont wanna move to win8 lol

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 09 June 2012 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3108
Joined  2007-06-22
Zev0 - 09 June 2012 07:01 AM

I think Daz has ben more than reasonable with their gen4 support. Hell, most come from vendors anyway. Remember some companies do a full “we do not support previous versions”. EG microsoft who stopped Win XP support and forced win7 on us. Now we all love win7 and dont wanna move to win8 lol

And - go to Rendo and look at how many products arn’t even tested in DS let alone supported.

I can’t run get Poser 9 to install on my computer and when I tried Poser 8 I was amazed at how much stuff I couldn’t do that I could in DS, and if I did want to do it I had to buy a plug in, (which I would have to buy again for Poser9).

I understand the OP’s frustration but I’m tired of seeing threads damming Daz for supporting their products as if this is some sort of unforgivable sin.

Posted: 09 June 2012 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  609
Joined  2004-12-14
LycanthropeX - 09 June 2012 12:22 AM

Part of the problem is unfortunately Poser users. When Genesis came out with out Poser support many Poser users jumped ship and started shopping elsewhere. Gen 4 sales are up at every store but Daz3D. PAs here will only make what is selling here. If no one is buying Gen 4 products then the PAs will not make them.

Most polls show that Studio users and Poser users are split about 50/50. The sales of Genesis products vs Gen 4 products should reflect this…. but they don’t. Because many Poser users stopped buying here after Genesis, PAs are seeing that there is no money in supporting Gen 4 products here.

Support the PAs who make Gen 4 products and you will see more Gen 4 products. I have been trying to do this as much as possible. But I don’t buy products I don’t use, and many of the Gen 4 items that have been released are things that just don’t fit my render style. But I do still buy Gen 4 products here, many older products I didn’t get when first released.

So far I have only purchased 1 Genesis product, just to give it a try. I’m still lousy at Studio and so I haven’t done much with it. All of my other purchases are Gen 4, critters and vehicles, props and stuff.

As one of those Poser users, what were we supposd to purchase?  A bunch of stuff that we can’t use?  I can’t buy what isn’ t for sale.  DS4 doesn’t work on my MacPro, and based on DAZ’s programming prowness, I have no confidence that will change anytime soon.  (DAZ soon or otherwise)

Poser compatible products are the new male clothing - the vendors here don’t want to make them.  Vendors at other stores do - and they get my money.

I am sorry that the vendors here haven’t figured out that to keep Poser users they are going to have to make products we can use, but it is their responsibility to figure that out.  If they were smart, they would make a Gen4 version, a Genesis version and a bundle with both.  they could then keep both sets of customers and get some market data on what sells.  If it is extra work, well, the vendor has to make a decision.

As a personal note - If the product says Genesis, I ignore it.  Even if it comes with a Gen4 version.  I do not use Genesis, and I support it as much as DAZ supports non-DAZ products.

It is my money, and NO company gets my loyalty, loyalty to corporations is for suckers.

I do support vendors that make Gen4 products - they just aren’t selling here.  The PC stuff this week is Genesis only - what would I do with it.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 09 June 2012 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2003-10-09

You wrote…

I am sorry that the vendors here haven’t figured out that to keep Poser users they are going to have to make products we can use, but it is their responsibility to figure that out.  If they were smart, they would make a Gen4 version, a Genesis version and a bundle with both.  they could then keep both sets of customers and get some market data on what sells.  If it is extra work, well, the vendor has to make a decision.

But then you wrote….

As a personal note - If the product says Genesis, I ignore it.  Even if it comes with a Gen4 version.  I do not use Genesis, and I support it as much as DAZ supports non-DAZ products.

So what you are suggesting is that vendors should make products, which you will then refuse to purchase?

2 of 7