Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7374
Joined  2009-06-11
Misty Whisky - 15 February 2013 10:17 AM
M F M - 14 February 2013 09:01 PM
ps1borg - 14 February 2013 08:43 PM

thought this pic of a black hole is interesting cos its not black smile

It’s young… it’ll grow into it’s blackness, a bit like a baby Goth wink.

LOL LOL

There are baby Goths?  eta end of Thread.Spam(). Eeta Crikey!  Um help Rezca & KK! So not good at official names LOL  The don’t complain about my dragon complaint thread? The don’t complain about my hot car complaint thread?

Coffee Available Here

eta TY for linking the split mods smile

Posted: 15 February 2013 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5979
Joined  2003-10-09

So I can’t count. LOL
“Grats ‘Borg!
The Whatchamacallit Complaint Thread?

eta: I thought it was 10 posts per page. Was 15…

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 15 February 2013 08:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-11
tjohn - 15 February 2013 07:36 PM

So I can’t count. LOL
“Grats ‘Borg!
The Whatchamacallit Complaint Thread?

eta: I thought it was 10 posts per page. Was 15…

Wasn’t paying attention, posting and PM-ing at the same time - there used to be 20 posts per page AFAIR, old habits stay habitual hey LOL  Feeling good today for the first time n a while and I guess lots more verbose LOL

Posted: 15 February 2013 08:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-11
7thStone - 15 February 2013 12:44 PM
DanaTA - 15 February 2013 12:30 PM
ps1borg - 15 February 2013 03:49 AM

Low tech is what the greats used smile I have a friend with a big telescope and he showed me mountains on the moon once, they were wondrous strange and breathtakingly unforgettable. We live in the heart of a big city, ironically just around the corner from an old Observatory,  so only get to see a few stars occasionally cos of the traffic haze smile

Yeah, light pollution is tough for star gazing.  When I moved out of Fall River to where I live now, I saw a big difference.  The nearest mall is one mile away.  In the other direction there is farmland.  There’s woods and a pond across the street.  Even though there’s a street light directly across from my driveway, I can still look up and see more than I could in Fall River.

Dana

I will never forget the first time I clearly saw the Milky Way while camping high up in the Rocky Mountains. Couldn’t believe the number of stars in the sky! I now live in low lying coastal mountains and can’t even see half or a quarter of the stars I saw then, let alone the Milky Way.

Meanwhile Russia got closer to space then was comfortable this morning and I’m waiting for the big rock to fly by today.

Edit: More on Russian meteor.

Just caught a news item about that on TV wowee I think that is the bit of Russia that was never photographed in the old days as well, was captured by how flat it is, just like in the deep desert here smile. Eta thinks haz caught ups by nao smile

Posted: 15 February 2013 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2003-10-09
DanaTA - 15 February 2013 04:43 PM

Ummmm….....5 book trilogy?  confused

Dana

Yes.
Douglas Adams was awesome like that.

Posted: 15 February 2013 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2017
Joined  2008-01-02

I’d suggest “The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread”  but I think we already did that.

Howabout…

“The Gryphon Ate my Complaint Thread”
or
“Tentacles, coils, and Complaint Threads”
“Masters of Complaint Thread”
“Age of Complaint Threads”
“To Complaint Thread, and beyond!”

Wow some of those sounded so derpy raspberry

Signature 

Former owner of 9,600+ posts.
I never liked Fate. Predestination goes against the grain. Besides he cheats at cards!
My gallery~  http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/5858

Posted: 15 February 2013 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-11

I got nothing either, except time to think about it LOL

Posted: 15 February 2013 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2003-10-09
Woolyloach - 05 February 2013 01:17 PM
7thStone - 05 February 2013 11:33 AM
Woolyloach - 05 February 2013 10:30 AM

Anyway, feh. blank stare meh blank stare bah! blank stare

Jaderail - 05 February 2013 11:16 AM

Feh, Meh,Bah! So low is me! the new Woolyloach ting…!

Is there a somber version of “Do-Re-Mi” in the form of “Feh-Meh-Bah”?

If not… THERE SHOULD BE excaim

Ok, having stuffed down a large soft taco with likely too much hot salsa red face let me see here..

Feh! A way, I feel myself
Meh!  I just don’t give a darn!
Bah! Who cares, any-way?
Argh! This really is no fun!
Blech! I’m feeling kind of dead
Grrr! I’m angry and I’m red
Yecch! Oh geez this is a mess!
Which brings us back to FEH!

Feh, meh, bah, argh, blech, grr, yecch, FEH! shock shock

+2 to 7thStone for the inspiration…! vampire snake

Hmmm… How about “The Feh, Meh, Bah, Argh, Blech, Grr, Yecch Complaint Thread”? Or “The Feh, Meh, Bah Complaint Thread” for short? No? tongue wink

Signature 

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett (1906-1989)

Posted: 15 February 2013 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2003-10-09
snowbug - 15 February 2013 08:54 PM

Dana

Yes.

Hehehe… Yep!

Hey… Anyone else listen to the radio broadcast series version of the books? I was actually exposed to the radio broadcast before I read the books. Good times! cool smile

Signature 

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. - Samuel Beckett (1906-1989)

Posted: 15 February 2013 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-02

Started MoO1.  Got no idea what I’m doing XD

Built a couple of ships, colonized a few planets, but that’s it. 

Reminiscent of Civilization IV’s “Final Frontier” mod.  Except there’s no space hazards (Outside of random events ofc)

Signature 

I never liked Fate. Predestination goes against the grain. Besides he cheats at cards!

Posted: 15 February 2013 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-06-11
7thStone - 15 February 2013 09:45 PM
Woolyloach - 05 February 2013 01:17 PM
7thStone - 05 February 2013 11:33 AM
Woolyloach - 05 February 2013 10:30 AM

Anyway, feh. blank stare meh blank stare bah! blank stare

Jaderail - 05 February 2013 11:16 AM

Feh, Meh,Bah! So low is me! the new Woolyloach ting…!

Is there a somber version of “Do-Re-Mi” in the form of “Feh-Meh-Bah”?

If not… THERE SHOULD BE excaim

Ok, having stuffed down a large soft taco with likely too much hot salsa red face let me see here..

Feh! A way, I feel myself
Meh!  I just don’t give a darn!
Bah! Who cares, any-way?
Argh! This really is no fun!
Blech! I’m feeling kind of dead
Grrr! I’m angry and I’m red
Yecch! Oh geez this is a mess!
Which brings us back to FEH!

Feh, meh, bah, argh, blech, grr, yecch, FEH! shock shock

+2 to 7thStone for the inspiration…! vampire snake

Hmmm… How about “The Feh, Meh, Bah, Argh, Blech, Grr, Yecch Complaint Thread”? Or “The Feh, Meh, Bah Complaint Thread” for short? No? tongue wink

hehe gr8 smile. The five part trilogy complaint thread

Posted: 15 February 2013 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5083
Joined  2005-04-16

I hope a link is posted to the new thread when it’s set up, so we don’t have to search for it.  I find searching in here hit or miss…more miss.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 16 February 2013 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1127
Joined  2006-08-31
7thStone - 15 February 2013 09:50 PM
snowbug - 15 February 2013 08:54 PM

Dana

Yes.

Hehehe… Yep!
Hey… Anyone else listen to the radio broadcast series version of the books? I was actually exposed to the radio broadcast before I read the books. Good times! cool smile

I listened to the radio series after reading the books… liked them both, even though they differed a bit (~_~)d.  Interesting comparing the pros and cons of the different media.

Signature 

Previous post count: 2678 Downloads Hightide Mark: 1708

Posted: 16 February 2013 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5979
Joined  2003-10-09

Time to split! (the thread) smile

Signature 

My Renderosity Gallery - My DAZ Gallery - My ShareCG Freebies
“I hope that after I die, people will say of me: ‘That guy sure owed me a lot of money.’” - Jack Handey

Posted: 16 February 2013 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-02

A link to the new thread upon its creation would be appreciated yes.  =3

Also… NEW ART!
This was sketched very quickly in photoshop with a 2px brush and no real reference or idea to go by… I just wanted a snake hanging from a tree-branch.
I quickly had something, then blocking in some basic colors. I started with the mouth. As I was thinking of what kinda snake I wanted, I thought “Why not my precious shapeshifting wyvern Rae-rae?” so I chose the loveable clumsy wyvern’s red and cream colors and blocked those in.

The tree was frustrating since I’ve never painted foliage before :XD:
I ended up taking a photograph and slapping it over the tree and branches…

Overall, the entire piece took about 30 - 45 minutes to complete…

Image Attachments
FromAbove.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2013 01:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10497
Joined  2007-11-06
DanaTA - 15 February 2013 03:08 AM

Usually you can’t see that great color if you were to look at nebula with the naked eye through a powerful telescope.  The colors are too faint for that, you mostly see white and shades of gray.  You can see the Orion Nebula with the naked eye…it looks like a fuzzy area near one of the three stars that make up his belt.  With binoculars (at least decent ones) it become more clearly a cloud-like formation, and you can see a lot more of the stars that are in the area as well.  I used to know more about the location of things, but without use, knowledge fades.  I’d love to have a 16” deep space telescope with on-board computer go-to drive.  But those are quite expensive.  Even an 8” scope is expensive.  I did use both an 8” and 11” Schmidt Cassegrain scope when in Astronomy class in college.  I watched one of Jupiter’s moons pass over Jupiter one night after class.  It was pretty cool.  That was with the 11” scope.  When I was younger, I viewed Jupiter with a Sears 3” refractor, and could see the color of the bands, faintly.  In the mid 60’s I used that scope, a sun filter and a Kodak instamatic camera to capture images of a solar eclipse.  It was totally low-tech.  I just held the camera against the eyepiece, gently.  I was surprised by how well the images came out.  It was not a total eclipse, at least not in my area, but very near total.  I was fortunate that the filter was actually dark and thourough.  Mostly, that type of screw-in filter (screwed into the eyepiece) is not considered good eye protection.  But I think the glass of the filter was a solid tint, not just a surface tint.  I used to use it to look at the sunspots.  That was cool.  Even at the low magnification that scope gave (I did use a barlow lens that really made it big, more than filling the view), I could see the effect of the rotation of the earth and the movement of the sun…it would drift out of position slowly.  Same for the moon when I viewed that.  Alas, that scope went into disrepair.

Dana

...at my college in northern Wisconsin we had the luxury of a 16” Schmidt Cassegrain in the dome on top of the science lab building. One of the best work study positions i ever had.even though we froze our bums off during the winter (when the atmosphere was the most stable). The Orion nebula was spectacular.

...The Stargazer’s Lament Complaint Thread.
...The One Space Rock can Ruin Your Whole Day Complaint Thread
...The Bugger, I Got Home Too Late From Work And The Thread Rolled Over Complaint Thread.
...The I need To Win The Megabucks So I can Stay Home And Finally Rename The Complaint Thread Complaint Thread

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

1 of 100