Digital Art Zone

2 of 3
The Church [Commercial]
Posted: 16 February 2013 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  667
Joined  2010-03-13
I bought the Church Bundle set (and a couple more Merlin Studio sets) for myself and I am really looking forward to using then in Daz Studio smile

I am curious though, if it would be suitable to buy for a friend of mine as well, as he is using an older Poser version. I know he'd love it smile

From my downloads I am seeing that the church is in "Poser Companion" format, which may indicate Poser with DSON being necessary. Is this the case? For the "Church Props" it just states "Poser Core", so I assume at least for the props no DSON is needed? Could just be a wrong naming issue though, as the product page says pz3, pp2 etc.

Thank you in advance and I am very grateful for these incredible sets smile
[ Edited: 16 February 2013 04:34 PM by Renpatsu ]

Posted: 16 February 2013 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2739
Joined  2009-02-24
If your friend has an account, you can simply send him a gift voucher to buy it. If not, why not have him set one up for it. That way should he ever lose the files he can download them from the site. It's the ideal way to get your friend some cool content.
 Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 16 February 2013 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-03-13
HeraldOfFire - 16 February 2013 04:36 PM
If your friend has an account, you can simply send him a gift voucher to buy it. If not, why not have him set one up for it. That way should he ever lose the files he can download them from the site. It's the ideal way to get your friend some cool content.

Yes, will probably do it that way, thanks smile If I am not terribly mistaken he got a DAZ account. Just wanted to clear up, if these sets work in older Poser versions - I think he got Poser 7/8 or so.

Posted: 16 February 2013 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  203
Joined  2008-11-09
Renpatsu - 16 February 2013 04:47 PM

Yes, will probably do it that way, thanks smile If I am not terribly mistaken he got a DAZ account. Just wanted to clear up, if these sets work in older Poser versions - I think he got Poser 7/8 or so.

I set them all up to be compatible with poser 6 but I've not tested it in anything lower than poser pro . If you can wait till tomorrow I'll test it in poser 7 and let you know.
 Signature 

Daz3D Store | DeviantArt | Renderosity Store | Facebook

Posted: 16 February 2013 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2010-03-13
Merlin Studios - 16 February 2013 05:11 PM

I set them all up to be compatible with poser 6 but I've not tested it in anything lower than poser pro . If you can wait till tomorrow I'll test it in poser 7 and let you know.

It should just be fine then probably and I don't think he'll have any problem smile I was just a bit afraid about this "Poser Companion" naming, which usually indicates that there is some DSON needed to go with (similar to how "DS Companion" files need Poser files).

I hope that I am able to play with the set this weekend already and set up a render with it. It looks just great - light/atmosphere, just everything fits and reminds me of when I've been to the UK smile

Posted: 17 February 2013 02:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2202
Joined  2005-09-05
Beautiful set as usual...went straight in the trolley!
 Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 17 February 2013 05:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-09
Renpatsu - 16 February 2013 05:20 PM
Merlin Studios - 16 February 2013 05:11 PM

It should just be fine then probably and I don't think he'll have any problem smile I was just a bit afraid about this "Poser Companion" naming, which usually indicates that there is some DSON needed to go with (similar to how "DS Companion" files need Poser files).

I hope that I am able to play with the set this weekend already and set up a render with it. It looks just great - light/atmosphere, just everything fits and reminds me of when I've been to the UK smile

I can report that The Church loads fine in Poser 7 smile
 Signature 

Posted: 17 February 2013 08:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2739
Joined  2009-02-24
Do you have a ton of old versions lying around just to test this stuff? I can't help but admire your work ethic if that's the case!
 Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 17 February 2013 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-09
HeraldOfFire - 17 February 2013 08:14 AM
Do you have a ton of old versions lying around just to test this stuff? I can't help but admire your work ethic if that's the case!

I've only recently upgraded to Poser Pro 2012 from Poser 7, so I keep it installed to test on. I still have Daz Studio 2.3 installed as well smile
 Signature 

Posted: 17 February 2013 05:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  604
Joined  2007-05-26
I have bought and downloaded but not installed yet. I too noticed the very large Poser Companion file.... I think that is a mistake and it is really the Poser version of the Church.. not a companion file for the Daz version. I would like this clarified before I install as I put my Poser files separate runtime from my Poser Companion files.

The product looks fantastic... one of the best models I have seen here at Daz.
 Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 17 February 2013 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1078
Joined  2003-11-25
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Awesome workmanship. And the promos just make me drool. I must have this!
 Signature 

For quality historical and realistically accurate poses and props, please visit My DAZ Store

Want the latest news? Check out my facebook page to find out what’s in the works.

Posted: 18 February 2013 07:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-09
MrPoser - 17 February 2013 05:27 PM
I have bought and downloaded but not installed yet. I too noticed the very large Poser Companion file.... I think that is a mistake and it is really the Poser version of the Church.. not a companion file for the Daz version. I would like this clarified before I install as I put my Poser files separate runtime from my Poser Companion files.

The product looks fantastic... one of the best models I have seen here at Daz.

I'm afraid I don't currently have access to the downloadable files to test this. The Church is a pretty big set though so I wouldn't be surprised if they were quite sizable.
 Signature 

Posted: 18 February 2013 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-09
FeralFey - 17 February 2013 09:43 PM
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Awesome workmanship. And the promos just make me drool. I must have this!

Thanks, coming from a fellow PA that's quite a compliment! smile
 Signature 

Posted: 18 February 2013 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1079
Joined  2010-09-19
Looks awesome as usual - In my shopping cart with a couple of other items, waiting desperately for a credit to my Bank account wink
 Signature 

My deviantART page
My ShareCG freebies
Some of my music

Posted: 18 February 2013 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  604
Joined  2007-05-26
Genesis Rising : I used the church and gravestones with just Genesis ( I like his default grey texture) wearing dynamic angelic robe. I probably over fiddled with it in Photoshop trying to get it to look more spooky.
Image Attachments
genesis_rising_final.jpg
 Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

2 of 3