Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
How to make a mirror reflect? Question about Reflect Me prop
Posted: 27 February 2013 04:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8330
Joined  2009-05-14

Here is some more info on render settings nowefg http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/15210/#222187

Signature 

Pete

Somethings to Consider when starting to learn CG

My Gallery

My Render Thread and Tutorials

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club and Co-operative

Facebook

Posted: 01 April 2013 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2006-08-24
NeilV 1 - 13 February 2013 11:51 AM

make sure the DS Mats are loading in with these as they have some very nice mirror settings with them (Not me this time) otherwise load them from the pose folder “ART_ReflectMe”  some times you do need to move the position of what you want reflected to get a good reflection I tended t make sure I have a good 360 degree environment to make sure I get the best reflection I can. 

here is a test Image I did during testing.

The mirror read me says

“You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:
“Materials:Props”
“Props:Furnishings”
“Props:Personal”

There is no Materials folder in my Daz library and The props folder does not contain Furnishings or Personal. The only place I find the Reflect Me fcontent is in the poser library and the Materials content there does not give me a reflection.

Posted: 02 April 2013 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15721
Joined  2003-10-09

Does the thumbnail in the library pane have a scroll icon at top-left? If so the DS materials are there - however, you do need to have something present in the scene and lit for the mirror to show.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 16 October 2013 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-11-02

I tried it in the dream home master bedroom furniture mirror and it worked, thank you. But it didn’t work in the dream home bathroom mirror, strange, help!

Posted: 20 October 2013 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1834
Joined  2012-06-29
JBbuck - 16 October 2013 06:10 PM

I tried it in the dream home master bedroom furniture mirror and it worked, thank you. But it didn’t work in the dream home bathroom mirror, strange, help!

Hi JBbuck… I just saw your post… no one else has seen it I guess.. I’m no expert…but.. make sure there is something for the bathroom mirror to reflect.  if it’s a blank wall then there will be nothing in your mirror to reflect but the wall… Watch your camera angle.. sometimes you have to move something into the angle of the mirror to get the mirror to see it.  Hope that make sense. This is where geometry comes in… gotta watch the angles of the mirror and camera.  ughh math.. bah… lol.. Good luck!

Signature 

To see more of my artwork please visit my DeviantArt page… http://llolalane.deviantart.com/ grin
http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/237/

2 of 2