I have read through several posts with this problem but the solutions I saw didn’t help.
The thing is Daz was working great I installed the new content downloader program… Still working fine after a few downloaded installs then after I installed a few items manually… Poof Smart content gone…I then read a few posts and sure enough the content manager was off in services. I turned it on and shut down daz and rebooted computer… Afterwards it was up… for about 15 minutes after coming back from using another tab ...poof ...gone again! This time it stayed gone and hasn’t returned..
I am using windows 7 computer with norton 360 and Advanced System Care for virus protection. System stats are as follows:
quad core 2.82ghz intel chip
Dual nvidia GeForce 550 sli configured
8 gb memory
2 1 tb drives raid configured as one drive
things I’ve tried so far:
1) Starting daz content manager from task manager ... doesnt fix anything
2) Start from start menu programs…and shut down and start ... still nothing
3) re-imported meta-data, reset data base…nada
4) reinstalled Daz3d 4.5 64bit ...nope
5)uninstalled content management service uninstalled and reinstalled daz3d 64 bit with cms and deleted database .. no luck
6)ran a bunch of scans and reg fixing programs from norton and asc software..Sigh..no good news there either..
I haven’t tried a large sledge hammer yet and was hoping perhaps someone had much better solution before i test that one.
Oh and I uninstalled the new download manager and reinstalled everything… no dice but I have noted that every time I start Daz and checked running services CMS is off. It’s there in list but stopped.