Digital Art Zone

So Glad That You Use Poser Too!
Posted: 08 June 2012 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2003-10-09

Hello,Hello,Hello!!!
I just made the jump to Windows 7 and Poser Pro 2012 ! As I don’t see Poser listed here at Daz anymore I’m wondering if I’ll be able to install a New Victoria package. Even customizing the Daz Install Path to read Poser Pro 2012 didn’t bring my Daz Cyclorama into the Library. Spent a whole day in Posers Root Directory. I actually contacted Smith Micro. Unfortunately they have yet to hire a Geek translator for mere mortals like myself. Do you happen to know the correct path?

Crossing My Fingers
Raggedy Ann red face[/size]

Posted: 08 June 2012 06:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ Cyclorama is an older product, and should work with Poser. I’m thinking your problem with that is that later versions of Poser are designed to use external runtimes. This means that you can install your product anywhere, as long as you have a file structure that says “Runtime-libraries-character (or props, poses etc). You can then add your external runtimes to the Poser library browser. The main runtime - the one in the programs folder - isn’t normally used for anything except Python scripts.
Create a Runtime folder anywhere on your computer or an external hard drive, and direct the DAZ installer to it. That should work.

As for Victoria, be aware that as a Poser user, you can not use any Victoria 5 products, as they’re made for Genesis, which is part of DAZ Studio. You can safely buy products for Victoria 4 and older.

Signature 

Software choice: Poser Pro 2012

Posted: 08 June 2012 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2003-10-09

Thank-You, Thank-You, Thank-You!!!!
Less Raggedy (Now) Ann

Posted: 08 June 2012 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2098
Joined  2003-10-09

yayyy another Poser user

Posted: 12 June 2012 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2003-10-09
LycanthropeX - 08 June 2012 11:50 PM

yayyy another Poser user

LOL… me too!

Posted: 12 June 2012 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  553
Joined  2003-10-09

I used to use CRPro and switched to Runtime Repair when CRPro support got shaky. It will find (or let you find) missing files.

Posted: 17 June 2012 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-08-26

I have been self teaching myself both Daz and Poser I went to convert my Daz figure to poser and when I opened it in poser it looked like Andy. So that being said I am using Poser debut How do I get them back and forth with out it loosing everything? I have the plug to turn it in to the Crs.. etc.

What am I missing?

Posted: 19 June 2012 01:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2004-12-14
Seafyer - 17 June 2012 01:43 PM

I have been self teaching myself both Daz and Poser I went to convert my Daz figure to poser and when I opened it in poser it looked like Andy. So that being said I am using Poser debut How do I get them back and forth with out it loosing everything? I have the plug to turn it in to the Crs.. etc.

What am I missing?

You saw Andy because Poser Debut couldn’t read the genesis file.  What you are missing Python support to use plug-ins.

Poser Debut is a cut down version of Poser 8 - basically the Poser 4 feature set with the updated core Poser 8 code.  You can load, conform & render, but not much more with Poser Debut.

Python scripting is in the full version of Poser.  If you want to get the grey golom into Poser, you will have to move up to Poser 9 or Poser 2012.  With Poser Debut, you can use the legacy figures (the Gen 4 series and earlier from DAZ, along with any other non-daz figure such as Rikishi, Gloria, Clark, Apollo Maximus, Dina etc.)  These figures should also work with no problems in DS4.

The figures that you will not be able to use “out of the box” in Poser Debut are genesis (due to the requirement to run python scripts) and the new weightmapped figures in Poser 9 (Alyson 2 & Ryan 2), or the new independent weightmapped figures such as Antonia or the weightmapped versions of legacy characters (Smith Micro is weightmapping the G2 figures (Sydney, Jessi, Olivia, Miki 3, James, Kelvin, Koji, and Simon - and developing a new male figure, Tyler to go with Blackhearted’s incredible Alyson2 characters - Anastasia & Shae)

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley

Posted: 19 June 2012 01:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2004-12-14
anna - 08 June 2012 05:49 AM

Hello,Hello,Hello!!!
I just made the jump to Windows 7 and Poser Pro 2012 ! As I don’t see Poser listed here at Daz anymore I’m wondering if I’ll be able to install a New Victoria package. Even customizing the Daz Install Path to read Poser Pro 2012 didn’t bring my Daz Cyclorama into the Library. Spent a whole day in Posers Root Directory. I actually contacted Smith Micro. Unfortunately they have yet to hire a Geek translator for mere mortals like myself. Do you happen to know the correct path?

Crossing My Fingers
Raggedy Ann :red:[/size]

Welcome aboard & glad to have you!

I am running the Cyclorama just fine in Poser 2012.  If you are looking for content in Poser’s root directory, you are in the wrong place.  It won’t show up.  Starting with Poser 9/2012, Poser has 2 places to put things - Python scripts go with the application.  Content goes in the either the Poser Pro 2012 Content runtime or an external runtime.  For example (This is a mac, but the Win7 will be similar):

With my system, I have the main Poser Program in my Applications folder (The default installation location.  I have the Poser Pro 2012 Content folder under Users/Shared - again the default location)

I then have 63 additional runtimes on an external HD raid (1 for each character, 1 for each character’s clothing - Wardrobe Wizard gets a workout on my machine, and 1 for scenes - i.e. Modern Homes, SF, Fantasy, Horror buildings, etc - 1 of these is the Cyclorama - I give it it’s own runtime)  Adding an external runtime is just a matter of clicking on the + folder in the upper right hand corner of the library.

Signature 

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored” - Aldous Huxley