Digital Art Zone

3 of 13
PC Subscription Problems
Posted: 30 May 2012 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2009-10-17

Well, I just checked the following:

-Under ‘My Account’, ‘My Subscriptions’, which lists the PC membership.  (Although I will keep an eye on it over the next couple of weeks.)
-My wishlist, which has the PC member prices listed, so that means it’s active.
-the PC members forum, which I was able to get into, again, telling me it’s active.
-My bank site to check if the payment had gone through on my travel card.  It had, and for the price I was given - plus exchange rate.  (I live in Toronto, and the CDN is about 97 cents US today.)

(I use a pre-paid travel card instead of a regular CC because I can’t get a regular CC ATM - one credit agency is stubbornly insisting their computer system is right about something that is wrong.  Also, it helps me to be able to regulate how much I can spend per month.)

Posted: 30 May 2012 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2003-10-09

My membership also lapsed for the first time in years.  I checked the subscription status and found it expired with a note that I needed to manually renew it.  I did, so now I’m wondering 1. Will that work? and 2. will the system kick in and effectively double bill me?  Now I see that the confirmation e-mail says Subscription start: 6/28/12!

Signature 

My Website: The Vernian Era
My Renderosity Store
My Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 30 May 2012 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2009-10-17

Ooooo….you’re actually getting an extra two days on me. wink

Seriously though, I’m really starting to wonder if such a total overhaul was really necessary.  I mean, I’ve seen too many times in the past where a company or someone in an organization has said, “Hey!  This is great, let’s do this!” without asking two things:

1) Is it doable?
2) Is it necessary for the company?

All too often it seems like many of these ‘improvements’ - both with online and bricks-and-morter companies - are done because “It’s new and shiny and will attract new customers!”  (Customers often with the attention span of a hyperactive Mayfly.)  Just because it’s new and shiny doesn’t mean it’ll be good.

(I firmly believe that one iconic Canadian retailer, Eaton’s, went under partially because it tried rebranding itself three times in under a decade because they probably felt that was the only way to attract new clientel.)

Just my two cents on the matter.  Although I’m sure that if DAZ had done a lot more in-house testing there wouldn’t be as much in the way of complaints now.

Posted: 30 May 2012 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1080
Joined  2007-11-28

I just discovered that I can’t access the PC forum and all $1.99 items aren’t $1.99.  To add insult, today’s automatic renewal is in my order history. shut eye

I filed a support ticked, but Golly! mad

Signature 

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
\Who gives a Rat’s Keister how many posts I had at the old Forum? LOL

Posted: 30 May 2012 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2003-10-09

I logged out and in and found my membership restored, although the subscription page still says it won’t start until the end of June.  Now I’m really wondering about getting billed again if not now, then.

Ferrio67 - 30 May 2012 06:51 PM

Ooooo….you’re actually getting an extra two days on me. wink
Seriously though, I’m really starting to wonder if such a total overhaul was really necessary.

My opinion is no, an overhaul was not necessary.  DAZ bought the whole new package and got the proverbial “pig in a poke”.  If I were running the company, someone would be out of a job.  Folk here are very loyal, but I see a lot of patience being tried.  I’m guessing other stores are taking lesson from this mess, if they’re not gloating.

Signature 

My Website: The Vernian Era
My Renderosity Store
My Renderosity Gallery

Posted: 30 May 2012 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-10-09

I went ahead and filed a ticket myself, my own membership doesn’t seem to have auto-renewed.

Posted: 30 May 2012 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2004-12-26

Read our post here about this problem,  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/972/

Posted: 30 May 2012 07:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7964
Joined  2006-03-19

Thread merged since it was the same concern.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 30 May 2012 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  251
Joined  2003-10-09

I just found out I’m having the same problem. I’ve been paying monthly and my last PC Membership expired on 5/12/12 and didn’t renew this time. Please get the problem fixed. I’ve been a PC Member since 2006 and I want my PC Membership back. Thank you.

Signature 

Posted: 30 May 2012 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2003-10-09
jferio - 30 May 2012 07:34 PM

I went ahead and filed a ticket myself, my own membership doesn’t seem to have auto-renewed.

How do you file a ticket for this?

Posted: 30 May 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2003-10-09

I did it right here. Got an email back that acknowledged the filing.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/requests/new

Posted: 30 May 2012 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9584
Joined  2007-11-06
geraldpruett - 30 May 2012 08:25 PM
jferio - 30 May 2012 07:34 PM

How do you file a ticket for this?

From the top of this page go to Help > Contact Us, and select Sales Support to send the ticket to.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 30 May 2012 08:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  233
Joined  2005-08-23

So I’m a PC member (heck I got double billed recently and sent in a support ticket) and I’m browsing the store and click the 1.99 product filter which at the time is Super suit Cape, Supersuit Boots & Belt and Hero vs Anti-Hero.

However the store doesn’t seem to recognize me as a PC member even though I was recently double billed?  So umm.  What the heck?

Should I put another support ticket in?  Or is this just another one of the new store burps?

Signature 

Check out my DeviantArt Profile: DeviantArt
and my Renderosity Gallery: Renderosity

Posted: 30 May 2012 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9584
Joined  2007-11-06

Try emptying your cart, logging out, and logging in again, then add it again.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 30 May 2012 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2005-11-10

My Platinum club membership did not renew either. And I set it to renew automatically each month. And I tried to submit a ticket but couldn’t.

3 of 13