The Can or the Bottle
Posted: 09 February 2013 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  501
Joined  2011-04-19
Hades 65 - 09 February 2013 06:33 PM
LordHardDriven - 09 February 2013 06:18 PM
Hades 65 - 09 February 2013 06:13 PM

Well another Question for you , If as the products are sold Internationally and given Permission from Daz to reproduce things, allot of things are no toys and might fall into international Weapon Industries law as for he or the creator would claim a fee of reproduction and or taxes.
so one prints Guns from Plans you creator made and you gave Permission.
I guess there will be allot more to it then you think then just writing an Eula with the idea to get a piece of a the cake.
it is in human nature not to think ahead but just at the moment when it comes to profit.
well I am gonna love to see the first weapons with the DAZ Logo on them LOL.

then the second thing why if the Eula has mentioned a part of international selling it is not translated in the different languages
so that it is for all clear to understand.

I seriously doubt if you did a 3D print of a model of a gun it would work. If it were that simple I could do a 3D print of a light saber or a laser type gun and that would work too. Just because something looks like a real working device doesn’t mean it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqzJlBcCsow

As a sample

I guess in the future there are gonna be More toys in 3D Daz
Also for allot of people here it seems that 3D designs witch actually grew out of Programs for plans to create tenable Items
has become tenable Virtual 3D even that actually it is supposed to be something to be able to create tenable Items at least a part of it.

Thanks “Hades 65” for the You Tube on Make a Working GUN using a 3D Printer! 100% Legal.

Now I know what it means 3D print, That is Amaxing that you can make a real shooting gun with a Printer.
Very Interesting. wink

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2006-11-10
araneldon - 09 February 2013 06:55 PM
Agent_Unawares - 09 February 2013 06:36 PM

It was not. Only the section about needing to delete old content if not agreeing was removed.

Are you talking about the part where it says “EULA supersedes and replaces any license agreement that was or will be presented at the time of content installation” ?

There are currently at least two different EULAs:

This is presented automatically when accessing certain parts of the site
This one is in the footer

I am indeed. That, along with the fact they’re attempting to force users to agree to it before they’ll allow them access to old purchases [unless that’s changed VERY recently]. One or the other on their own wouldn’t have bothered me.

And excellent catch on the multiple EULAs; the one I’ve been referring to [and the one I bought all my products under, as it was the one presented on the site at the time of sale] they recently caught and replaced. Apparently they’ve had three versions live for a while. XD

EDIT: That may be the other one. So possibly only two versions, but still amusing.

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  927
Joined  2003-10-09
TheKD - 09 February 2013 06:29 PM

To be honest, I couldn’t care less about an EULA. If I had the urge to get a model printed into a life sized model, and had the funds to burn to do, I would simply do it.  Seems weird to me, but there is some weird people out there LOL.

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/man-decides-he-cant-get-a-real-woman-settles-for-realistic-looking-dolls.html

Those dolls aren’t quite the same thing and I don’t think 3D print has come far enough to make similar dolls with a 3D printer.

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  665
Joined  2006-11-10
Alethas Fantasy - 09 February 2013 07:03 PM

Well another Question for you , If as the products are sold Internationally and given Permission from Daz to reproduce things, allot of things are no toys and might fall into international Weapon Industries law as for he or the creator would claim a fee of reproduction and or taxes.
I guess there will be allot more to it then you think then just writing an Eula with the idea to get a piece of a the cake.
it is in human nature not to think ahead but just at the moment when it comes to profit.

then the second thing why if the Eula has mentioned a part of international selling it is not translated in the different languages

I seriously doubt if you did a 3D print of a model of a gun it would work. If it were that simple I could do a 3D print of a light saber or a laser type gun and that would work too. Just because something looks like a real working device doesn’t mean it is.

As a sample

Also for allot of people here it seems that 3D designs witch actually grew out of Programs for plans to create tenable Items
has become tenable Virtual 3D even that actually it is supposed to be something to be able to create tenable Items at least a part of it.

Thanks “Hades 65” for the You Tube on Make a Working GUN using a 3D Printer! 100% Legal.

Now I know what it means 3D print, That is Amaxing that you can make a real shooting gun with a Printer.
Very Interesting. wink

We’re getting closer and closer to something resembling a replicator, eh? I imagine within a few centuries people will have these things in their houses and companies will only sell licenses/blueprints [along with a massive boom in both price and sales of handcrafted items].

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

As a sample

I’m not saying you can’t make a working gun with a 3D printer. I’m saying you can’t make a working gun with a 3D printer using a model of a gun one might buy from Daz. The difference in the video is a model is made of each part in an actual gun and then the parts are printed and assembled into a working gun. A model of a gun bought at Daz would not have all of the necessary working internal parts to make a working gun. For 3D models the way artists use them, it only need look like a real gun on the outside. A render of a gun does not require the insides of the gun to be accurate in detail.

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  199
Joined  2008-02-26

Darn, my hopes and dreams of printing out an army of Freak 5s and taking over the world has been destroyed. I was gonna have a harem of V5’s too raspberry

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
TheKD - 09 February 2013 07:19 PM

Darn, my hopes and dreams of printing out an army of Freak 5s and taking over the world has been destroyed. I was gonna have a harem of V5’s too raspberry

I’m not saying it can’t happen, just that I don’t think we’re quite there yet. As far as I know the output of these 3D printers would be better suited to printing something more like a mannequin. Those dolls are soft and flexible and I think they even have a skeleton of sorts.

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-19

Agent_Unawares, Your probably right. lol

The KD My Bubble Busted also but plans with one of the good looken’ Guy Models. Tee Hee

Where’s the roll over belly laughing Smilie ?

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-19

Off topic a bit, but I would like to know,

Is your Render of several product as a pic. say like in Rendo Gallery, or just products Render, Share CG OK to give a way or at DeviantArt to sell?
Also to make a tube of any Render for Photoshop, Printshop, etc. OK to give away as Free, or to sell as they do in the Tubes stores for years?

Thanks

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
LordHardDriven - 09 February 2013 07:14 PM

A model of a gun bought at Daz would not have all of the necessary working internal parts to make a working gun. For 3D models the way artists use them, it only need look like a real gun on the outside. A render of a gun does not require the insides of the gun to be accurate in detail.

Exactly…nor would, for artistic purposes, you actually want a 100% accurately detailed, down to the last thread on the last screw model.  It would be too ‘expensive’ to actually render.  Way too much unneeded geometry that will need to be textured and calculated into the render.  Just because it can’t be seen in the render, doesn’t mean it is not factored in, when rendering.  Unless geometry is purposefully excluded (set invisible/removed) it’s figured in…so that means it’s lit, textured and shadows are calculated for it…and so are things like bump/displacement and specularity and everything else.

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2010-11-27

Well actually I agree with you you cant , but fact is that reproduction might be made out of different products , so in first hand for a printing as claimed you would need allot of approvals , then it is also if only a part is provided to create the product , when the day comes to make a good Print the creator will then also put more details to hes design as he runs with the flow and wants to have also a chunk of that cake smile he will even place a sample of the possibility to make hes 3D design tenable , believe me it is not far away.
In or Neutral country they got hit many times on there fingers in Industries as it is Illegal to even sell a Part or a Plan witch could be used in weaponry to other countries.
so to say if an Industry was caught to sell only a part that was used in weapons they gotten hit pretty hard.
It is like A chip that could be used for guided weapons as a part of a whole the reseller will be watched very closely.
I would rather say when it comes to such things it is not the thought ... oooh how can I make a gain , but to think a little of the consequences and leave things as they where before to avoid to get in a whole lots of trouble.

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Alethas Fantasy - 09 February 2013 07:26 PM

Off topic a bit, but I would like to know,

Is your Render of several product as a pic. say like in Rendo Gallery, or just products Render, Share CG OK to give a way or at DeviantArt to sell?
Also to make a tube of any Render for Photoshop, Printshop, etc. OK to give away as Free, or to sell as they do in the Tubes stores for years?

Thanks

As long as the model itself can’t be extracted then yes you can give away or sell the things you create using the model.

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Hades 65 - 09 February 2013 07:30 PM

Well actually I agree with you you cant , but fact is that reproduction might be made out of different products , so in first hand for a printing as claimed you would need allot of approvals , then it is also if only a part is provided to create the product , when the day comes to make a good Print the creator will then also put more details to hes design as he runs with the flow and wants to have also a chunk of that cake smile he will even place a sample of the possibility to make hes 3D design tenable , believe me it is not far away.
In or Neutral country they got hit many times on there fingers in Industries as it is Illegal to even sell a Part or a Plan witch could be used in weaponry to other countries.
so to say if an Industry was caught to sell only a part that was used in weapons they gotten hit pretty hard.
It is like A chip that could be used for guided weapons as a part of a whole the reseller will be watched very closely.
I would rather say when it comes to such things it is not the thought ... oooh how can I make a gain , but to think a little of the consequences and leave things as they where before to avoid to get in a whole lots of trouble.

Well I’m not sure if I agree fully with what you’re saying as it pertains to the idea of a gun but the concept you’re expressing of how the ability to print 3D objects may change the nature of licensing in the future, I guess I can agree with that. At this point though and as it pertains to the EULA in question it’s really unrelated.

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-04-19

Thank you LordHardDriven

For the Info. I do not sell but do have 1 pic. I did do up at Rendo Gallery.
Dunt wont to get in any law suite over it. lol

Posted: 09 February 2013 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRank
Joined  2003-10-09
Alethas Fantasy - 09 February 2013 07:39 PM

Thank you LordHardDriven

For the Info. I do not sell but do have 1 pic. I did do up at Rendo Gallery.
Dunt wont to get in any law suite over it. lol

I think you’re safe. smile

2 of 6