Digital Art Zone

1 of 2
Are we able to upload avatars?
Posted: 09 February 2013 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  991
Joined  2005-11-27

I can’t get my new one to upload. It’s 100 x 100 pixels and is only 5kb, but it keeps saying that there was a problem uploading my image.

Anybody got any ideas?

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 09 February 2013 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7625
Joined  2006-03-19

Avatars and banners are broken atm. No estimation on when it will be fixed

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Mad Chemistry Lab*****  

Posted: 09 February 2013 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

IS my main Issue right now. Jade has had more work.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 09 February 2013 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

Christmas is long over…I don’t want to be the Grinch any more (well, for now at least).

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 09 February 2013 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  991
Joined  2005-11-27
mjc1016 - 09 February 2013 06:40 PM

Christmas is long over…I don’t want to be the Grinch any more (well, for now at least).

Look on the bright side. At least everyone knows that your heart grew three sizes that day…

Signature 

The Revolution is coming…

==========================================================

“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and… ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles…”

- The 10th Doctor, Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens (Series 5, Episode 12)

Posted: 10 February 2013 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  647
Joined  2013-01-27

Given that DAZ is a technology company, it seems odd that they can’t run a simple fourm?!

1 - change username isn’t currently working
2 - upload avatar isn’t currently working

Come on guys!

Posted: 10 February 2013 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15660
Joined  2003-10-09

Only an Admin of a higher grade can change someones User name.

It has been noted in several threads that indeed Avatars cannot at the moment be uploaded or changed, and that this will be sorted out at some time in the future.

If you would like to change your user name, then drop a PM to Richard Haseltine, giving him a couple of alternatives, in case the one you want is already in use, and also the email address which you use to log in with.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 10 February 2013 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  647
Joined  2013-01-27
chohole - 10 February 2013 07:15 AM

Only an Admin of a higher grade can change someones User name.

It has been noted in several threads that indeed Avatars cannot at the moment be uploaded or changed, and that this will be sorted out at some time in the future.

If you would like to change your user name, then drop a PM to Richard Haseltine, giving him a couple of alternatives, in case the one you want is already in use, and also the email address which you use to log in with.

Thanks. I know about changing usernames by pm ing Richard (already done that smile

I was just commenting that it’s not very impressive that these two fundamentals are not working in a forum run by a tech company. The whole “forum” thing is pretty standard practice nowadays, I’d have thought.

Oh well.

Posted: 10 February 2013 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ 3D is not the only site where members are not allowed to change their forum ID I can assure you, and the Message in your control panel does say

The administrator does not allow usernames to be changed

The Avatar problem will be sorted out, given time.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        L Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        August Freebie Challenge

Posted: 10 February 2013 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  695
Joined  2003-10-09
chohole - 10 February 2013 08:38 AM

DAZ 3D is not the only site where members are not allowed to change their forum ID I can assure you, and the Message in your control panel does say

The administrator does not allow usernames to be changed

The Avatar problem will be sorted out, given time.

Translation: “soon”.

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 10 February 2013 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

You are not supposed to use that word. I am told it tends to put the mockers on things

Signature 

Posted: 10 February 2013 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13
chohole - 10 February 2013 10:49 AM

You are not supposed to use that word. I am told it tends to put the mockers on things

The problem with the avatars is that for some reason, everyone thinks they are a requirement for a working website…they are a bonus.  I belong to plenty of sites, that for one reason or another don’t have them…at all.  Just because the closet lightbulb is burned out doesn’t mean your electric service is not working…I don’t really care how long it takes to fix them, it’s such a low priority ‘problem’...there are other things the web team needs to concentrate on. (Maybe I won’t have to change back to the Grinch, next Christmas… raspberry )

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Posted: 10 February 2013 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  695
Joined  2003-10-09
mjc1016 - 10 February 2013 03:17 PM
chohole - 10 February 2013 10:49 AM

The problem with the avatars is that for some reason, everyone thinks they are a requirement for a working website…they are a bonus.  I belong to plenty of sites, that for one reason or another don’t have them…at all.  Just because the closet lightbulb is burned out doesn’t mean your electric service is not working…I don’t really care how long it takes to fix them, it’s such a low priority ‘problem’...there are other things the web team needs to concentrate on. (Maybe I won’t have to change back to the Grinch, next Christmas… raspberry )

Foo on Cindy-Loo Who.  I prefer being Scrooge before he was corrupted by those spirits.

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 20 February 2013 02:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  103
Joined  2011-02-06

great…i’ve been trying to edit and reedit my new gif avatar in photoshop and i thought im doing something wrong when i saw the error on uploading avatar. (according to req. 100x100 and max 100kb)

So…a ~15 years old romanian kid can hack the NASA’s server but no one can fix a minor issue on Daz forum ? How complex can be this avatar issue ? downer

Signature 

“If the facts don’t fit the theory, change the facts..” LOL
( Albert Einstein )

Posted: 20 February 2013 07:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2704
Joined  2010-11-30
cris333 - 20 February 2013 02:34 AM

So…a ~15 years old romanian kid can hack the NASA’s server but no one can fix a minor issue on Daz forum ? How complex can be this avatar issue ? downer

Don’t forget that DAZ3D isn’t a Fortune 500 company - they don’t have an essentially-unlimited number of staff working on their site.

Given a choice between “get the coder to fix the avatars in the forums” and “get the coder to fix a bug in Studio / DIM / DSON / Bryce / etc,” I suspect most of us can live without new avatars…

(And given a choice between “fix the avatars” and “write a chapter of the manual,” I could live with no avatars at all.)

Signature 

Rob Kelk (a.k.a. “the guy with all those freebie lists”)

Come take part in the Freebie Challenge, or the RRRR, or any of the other contests. I think Jaderail would have wanted that.

Posted: 20 February 2013 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-13

Avatars, banners and all that other ‘eye candy’ are ‘bonus’ items…they don’t have to be enabled and on a number of forums I belong to, they aren’t.  They take up server resources and lots of places don’t bother with them to save the resources for important things…like the actual content/discussions.

Doesn’t bother me much if they totally disappear…

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

1 of 2