Getting the hang
I finally did it right...The gas pump was created in Hexagon. what I did was separated each part; the frame, the inner facings, the nozzle and hose as separate pieces and exported each as an object into Hexagon (deleting everything except the one part) and its material stayed intact. Then after all was exported, re-imported each part as the obj back into Hexagon, then all parts sent to Daz and it all stayed exact. Then in Daz parented all of it to a Null. As the whole pump I couldn't save it as a prop, but each part could be and then brought back together and parented to a null, and saved as a subset. I know this looks amateurish (I had trouble with the hose, but it was enough for now) , but I got it figured out,FINALLY.