Digital Art Zone

Millennium Cat’s Neck is too long
Posted: 09 February 2013 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-02-07

Does anyone know of a way to shorten the Mil Cat’s neck.  The neck is very long relative to the size of the cat.  It looks like it is stretched out and very unnatural.

I have tried to adjust the zScale, but the coordinates aren’t laid out in line with the neck and it looks very distorted.  If anyone knows of a way to do this it would be very much appreciated.

Posted: 09 February 2013 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2003-10-09

You might try using the “Taper” dial to ease some of the distortion.  It is quite sensitive, so work lightly.
None of the built-in morphs affect the length, so you might just have to make a custom morph.
I don’t know of any morphs like that, but maybe someone else will

Posted: 12 February 2013 01:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2012-02-07

I am using DS 4.5 and am unable to find a taper dial.  Is that possibly a Poser feature.  I have never created a custom morph, so I will have look into that.  I am guessing I could use the Send to Hexagon feature and do it there.  (once I learn how of course)

Thanks

Posted: 12 February 2013 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2003-10-09

Looks like DS doesn’t pick up the taper dial.
You might try adjusting the Yscale also, due to where the origin is that brings the neck down.

Posted: 12 February 2013 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2012-02-07

I have tried using the yScale along with the zScale and it just distorts the mesh too badly.  At least I can’t get it to look good.  It is unfortunate that the axes for the neck don’t line up with the orientation of the neck.  I think it is the only part on the body that is like that.