6 of 6
The Mac FAQ
Posted: 14 March 2014 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5368
Joined  2005-08-29
lv426 - 14 March 2014 10:25 AM

I’m thinking of making the switch to a Mac. Can I assume that all Daz3d plugins, GenX, LMAH, ect, will work on a Mac as well? Or is this something I should research on a case by case basis?

Thanks.

GenX, LAMH, Garibaldi, they all work, Luxus too. There are only a few add ons that doesn’t, like the RenderToRib scripts and some Runtime cleanup utilities.

You can check the plugin pages in the store, most says Win/Mac.

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 14 March 2014 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2006-05-23

Awesome, thanks for getting back to me.

Posted: 01 May 2014 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  392
Joined  2011-05-27

I have a couple of general DS Mac questions that I’m hoping Totte or another mac guru can help with please?

1.  I can’t seem to find a way to add the Render button onto the toolbar at the top like I had in Windows.  I remember this happening the last time I had a mac but I don’t remember if there was a solution or not.

2, Render Status box - Mine is stuck at the top, just under the menu bar.  I can’t seem to grab a hold of it to move it.  This is the box that tells you how long the render is taking and far along it is.  Any ideas?

3.  Lastly, I have selected to render to a new window and when the render starts I get strange patterns across the window.  It renders fine but the window is weird.  I also remember this from when I had a mac before.  Is this something we mac users just have to live with?  No worries, just wondering.

Thanks!

Signature 

DAZ Studio 4 Pro user, Poser Pro 2012 user, Bryce 7 Pro user, Vue 8 Complete user, Photoshop CS4 user.

Posted: 01 May 2014 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
Muon Quark - 01 May 2014 03:37 PM

I have a couple of general DS Mac questions that I’m hoping Totte or another mac guru can help with please?

1.  I can’t seem to find a way to add the Render button onto the toolbar at the top like I had in Windows.  I remember this happening the last time I had a mac but I don’t remember if there was a solution or not.

Never tried that, I just hit Command-R to render.

2, Render Status box - Mine is stuck at the top, just under the menu bar.  I can’t seem to grab a hold of it to move it.  This is the box that tells you how long the render is taking and far along it is.  Any ideas?

It’s a sheet, and it’s tied to the windows, works as it should on OS X.

3.  Lastly, I have selected to render to a new window and when the render starts I get strange patterns across the window.  It renders fine but the window is weird.  I also remember this from when I had a mac before.  Is this something we mac users just have to live with?  No worries, just wondering.

Thanks!

It’s a bug reported ages ago, never been fixed. Random memory junk in the pixel buffer, not every time but sometimes.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 01 May 2014 04:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  392
Joined  2011-05-27

Thanks Totte,
Yea, I know command + R.  I’m just used to clicking on the render button.  I can get used to doing it differently though, no worries. 

Odd about the render status box.  It can’t be moved on a mac?  Yea it works just fine.  I just like to move it to the side as DS renders so I can see the time, or see if any errors come up, etc.  I can get used to that too.

Thanks for response!

Signature 

DAZ Studio 4 Pro user, Poser Pro 2012 user, Bryce 7 Pro user, Vue 8 Complete user, Photoshop CS4 user.

Posted: 01 May 2014 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29

OS X has sheets, which are modal windows tied to a window. Not really super cool in DS which only have one scene window, but in programs with many windows, only locking the particular window where the dialog is and letting the user work in another window is rely a good GUIO design, and you also have no problem knowing which dialog comes from which window.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 08 May 2014 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-05-04

I am using DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro on a Mac running Snow Leopard. On some of my content, I see weird symbols on the icon (see attached picture). On all the content with the check or “no” symbol, I can’t seem to use it—even though I am trying to attach it to the correct base. What do those symbols mean, and why can I not use them?

Image Attachments
DAZ_Materials_Image.jpg

Posted: 08 May 2014 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2003-10-09
rebeccajlynch - 08 May 2014 05:17 PM

I am using DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro on a Mac running Snow Leopard. On some of my content, I see weird symbols on the icon (see attached picture). On all the content with the check or “no” symbol, I can’t seem to use it—even though I am trying to attach it to the correct base. What do those symbols mean, and why can I not use them?

Why do you think it is not working? In fact, the Checkmark and the “no” symbol just mean “On” and “Off” for the vascularity displacement map. You cannot see the effect before render the scene. I hope this answer your question.

Posted: 08 May 2014 08:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2014-05-04

Ah, I didn’t realize that some things would only appear after rendering. Thank you for the help!

6 of 6