2 of 6
The Mac FAQ
Posted: 21 March 2013 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4877
Joined  2005-08-29

Hello,
sorry to disappoint you but I haven’t been using the rib-renderer, but it’s on my “to play with when time permits”-list. But what you experience really sounds like a bug and should be reported via the bugtracker so it could be fixed.
Please file a report, it will make a difference, I know, I’ve filed several, and things really do get fixed.

Signature 

=============================================
My DAZ Gallery  | The adventures of Lomund
Free RPG adventures for DnD, O:FR and more: http://4eyes.code66.se
Community Volunteer

Proud member of the Bald Wizards Club
I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 21 March 2013 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  128
Joined  2012-11-22

Hi,

Thank you for your response! I just wanted to get a second opinion that I wasn’t making some kind of newbie mistake smile I’ll file a bug report.

Posted: 28 March 2013 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2013-03-06

Here’s another question that the scattered documentation gives me no answer to:

Is it possible to install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Studio 4.5 on the same machine?  Unfortunately, quite a few plugins only work for the 32-bit MacOSX version of Studio4.5.  But running Studio in 32-bit mode all the time is a waste on my i7 core desktop machine.  Photoshop has similar problems, but there’s a switch you can toggle to reboot in 32- or 64- bit mode (which means I’ve got the data trees for both versions installed in that mess that CS’s installer creates).  I have a bad feeling from what I’ve been able to find, that the Daz installer will simply nuke my existing (64-bit) version of the program if I try and install the 32-bit version so I can use the Photoshop Bridge.

Question about Hexigon:

How dumb is the program?  If I want to make a new symmetrical shape, can I draw a 2D outline and tell it to rotate to create a new solid or hollow shape? 

Could I import in this these two shapes from Illustrator (or from Photoshop as a path) and rotate them to get a hollow ginger jar shaped mesh?

Image Attachments
GingerJarShape.gif

Posted: 28 March 2013 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29

You can run them in parallel on Mac OS X. You have them separated in two different folders. Rename your DS 64 bit folder (and make a copy of it to be sure). The Content is the same. Which plugins for 4.5 is only 32 bit?
And hexagon I don’t know, I mostly use Cheetah3D on Mac OS X, and it can read Illustrator files and use them for splines.
The size ration when importing from Cheetah to DS is 10000% btw.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

I always look on the bright side of life, ‘cause I never expected the Spanish inquisition!

Posted: 31 March 2013 05:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2013-03-06

Okay, I’m running the latest version of the 64-bit Daz Studio.  I downloaded it cold (no previous installs).  If I want to take Poser items that don’t have the correct .dsf or .duf files and use them, how do I import them in?  More importantly, do I need the Import/Export Plug-in, that I can only find here at ShareCG?  I’m not using Poser right now, so I don’t need to use the DSON converter.  At least I don’t think so, from reading the description on the web page.  If I’m wrong, then the “what is this thing” blurb on the page needs to be re-worded.

Most of the items are props, with one or two textures for outfits that I already own (and bought here at Daz) so I’m hoping they’ll work.  My husband wants me to Frankenstein him some steampunk/mad scientist/zombie killer weapons for when we get our website running again.  We do still own MadBadScience.com While he’s waiting for me to get up to speed with the figures and all the software settings, he’s hoping I can turn out one or two small things.  But I need the props first!

Posted: 31 March 2013 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29

(1) Go to content setup and (2) just point your DS Studio to the Poser Runtime (where you Poser items are .cr2/.hr2/.pp2 etc and you can (3) load them directly in DAZ studio the same way you load ds specific content.

Image Attachments
123-setup.jpg
 Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 24 April 2013 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-04-24

Hmmmm, I must be blind or just looking in the wrong place.  I don’t see a DB maintenance panel. I also think about my home and new hlinik but maybe it is not good time

Posted: 24 April 2013 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
paulinaaaa88 - 24 April 2013 02:44 AM

Hmmmm, I must be blind or just looking in the wrong place.  I don’t see a DB maintenance panel.

Look at the image above at (1), menu item: Content DB Maintenance .
But if you use DS 4.5.2.40 this is no longer a problem with those crashes due to Valentina.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 14 May 2013 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  92
Joined  2007-01-25

Is the only way of updating the Daz version to do a whole new install of Daz every time?

Posted: 14 May 2013 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
BryonSpeller - 14 May 2013 02:54 PM

Is the only way of updating the Daz version to do a whole new install of Daz every time?

The whole install only removes the old application and libraries but it never touches the Runtime (your content).
The reason (as I see it) is that DS is written using qt and you want to be sure that all components are from the same version of qt to avoid problems.

A second thing that is installed is the CMS, but it will only install if you change the path.

So, to avoid troubles, remember where you did install last time, you only end up in trouble if you change the installation paths for content and CMS and do that without mapping them correctly in DS again.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 14 May 2013 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-01-25

So I only need to reinstall the app itself and the addons but nothing else?
That’s good to know.

PS: and Thanks smile

Posted: 14 May 2013 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
BryonSpeller - 14 May 2013 03:14 PM

So I only need to reinstall the app itself and the addons but nothing else?
That’s good to know.

PS: and Thanks smile

You don’t need to reinstall the add ons- they are kept safe as long as you install an update to DS.
The installer is smart enough to not delete anything it didn’t install.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 14 May 2013 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-01-25

Ohh that’s cool.

I guess in My case I only need to get “DAZStudio_4.5.1.56_Mac64.zip” unpack and then execute it.
Thanks for all your help.

Posted: 14 May 2013 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-29
BryonSpeller - 14 May 2013 03:21 PM

Ohh that’s cool.

I guess in My case I only need to get “DAZStudio_4.5.1.56_Mac64.zip” unpack and then execute it.
Thanks for all your help.

If you had an old Genesis Essentials it might be a good idea to install that too as it is the default content. Otherwise you are good to go.

Signature 

Community Volunteer

Posted: 14 May 2013 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-01-25

I did. Thanks.

2 of 6