9 of 13
[Launched in Store] -  Carrara EnviroKit - Woodlands [commercial]
Posted: 15 July 2013 06:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6469
Joined  2007-12-04
PhilW - 15 July 2013 01:39 AM
Thanks for that. You are quite right that you need to keep render times down for animation and your default lighting renders fast! My lighting technique is just another tool to have in your Carrara armoury.
...and a very nice tool at that!
 Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 15 July 2013 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Jay_NOLA - 15 July 2013 02:11 AM
Purchased it a few hours ago and I'm waiting for it to finish downloading. My first download stopped before the whole product was downloaded and the WiFi is messed up at the location I'm at now so it is going to take several hour to download.

Luckily I can watch TCM has a good movie on I can watch at the place I'm using the WiFi at while it downloads.

Looking forward to trying it out.
Sorry... it's over 1GB... but I wanted it to be complete
 Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 15 July 2013 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4928
Joined  2004-07-01
Dartanbeck - 14 July 2013 11:37 AM
bigh - 14 July 2013 01:02 AM
it's here - through he said it was cheap !!
http://www.daz3d.com/landscapes/carrara-environkit-woodlands
Sorry, too much?

grin

Posted: 15 July 2013 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  0
Just finished downloading!!! and a GREAT DEAL!!! I thought the tutorial videos are worth that much not to mention all the content and inline info. Time to have some fun Thanks Man

Posted: 15 July 2013 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Cool. It was my intention to try and use this sort of method to add a lot more preset starting points to the Carrara browser library that can also work as a scene in their own right. With the feedback I'm getting so far, it looks like I should continue this line. The others will be quite different - so to make for entirely new realms of presets to start your scenes from. Thank you all.
 Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2013 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2616
Joined  2007-12-07
Dartanbeck - 15 July 2013 06:42 AM
Jay_NOLA - 15 July 2013 02:11 AM
Purchased it a few hours ago and I'm waiting for it to finish downloading. My first download stopped before the whole product was downloaded and the WiFi is messed up at the location I'm at now so it is going to take several hour to download.

Luckily I can watch TCM has a good movie on I can watch at the place I'm using the WiFi at while it downloads.

Looking forward to trying it out.
Sorry... it's over 1GB... but I wanted it to be complete

Just seen the download and ... seriously DAZ? A SINGLE DOWNLOAD file? For 1.1GB? I don't use Carrara an awful lot, but this sounded like a nice way of getting some nice scenery and background going and a refund covered the cost. But ... I wonder if I will ever be able to get it downloaded. Not your issue, Dartanbeck. You have produced what looks to be an epic product an done that I do really want. I know that 'everyone' is on ultra-high speed superduper, whizzy broadband nowadays. Apart from those who are not.
 Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 15 July 2013 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1215
Joined  2005-04-12
I had a couple of issues with downloading initially, I appreciate that it is frustrating if it aborts and you have to restart - been there. All I can say is, it is worth it when you get it!

Posted: 15 July 2013 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2616
Joined  2007-12-07
PhilW - 15 July 2013 11:48 AM
I had a couple of issues with downloading initially, I appreciate that it is frustrating if it aborts and you have to restart - been there. All I can say is, it is worth it when you get it!

It'd be better if we had the resumable downlaads that was, if memory serves, a promised feature of the DIM wink
 Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 15 July 2013 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Simon, check your private message box. If you're still having issues - I can help.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier.
 Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2013 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  273
Joined  2011-08-02
thanks for your great kit.

That's awsome package like that that keeps carrara alive.

Thanks again for the great work and the nice price
 Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2013 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1060
Joined  2010-11-30
Got it finally. It took given all the restarts I had to do over 8 hours. I was surprised DAZ put it all into one file instead of splitting it up into smaller files like they used to do for very large products to make the downloads more manageable.

I wanted to scream cause it got up to 765 MB and timed out and I had to start again, plus the WiFi at most places I go to has been messed up the past few days due to bad weather so my download speeds is about 1/3 or 1/4 what it is.

Plus the DAZ has been having very slow with download speeds lately which makes things worse.

I did notice that some other products that used to have separate installers now have just one big DIM file.

Ended up spending the night at friend's to use the WiFii there and ended watching Seven Samurai on TCM while it downloading.

Great product Dartanbeck. The download problems are on DAZ's end.

Posted: 15 July 2013 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2008-01-28
Plus the DAZ has been having very slow with download speeds lately which makes things worse

that's cause of the rush for Dart's wonderful product.!
 Signature 

http://andrewfinnie.blogspot.com.au/

Posted: 15 July 2013 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
Sorry 'bout that.
 Signature 

Posted: 15 July 2013 08:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  748
Joined  2010-03-13
Well ... so far I only used DAZ Studio, but took the opportunity to buy this product and Carrara. Sometimes DAZ Studio just isn't enough and the Carrara offer came in quite handy, as I was specifically looking for an environment solution among other features I'd like to have smile

Will see how it goes about learning curve and all that, but looking forward to it and your EnviroKit looks really intuitive to use. Quite a bargain as well, appreciate the low price compared to the content it offers smile

Thank you!

Posted: 15 July 2013 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6027
Joined  2006-08-27
Renpatsu - 15 July 2013 08:05 PM
Well ... so far I only used DAZ Studio, but took the opportunity to buy this product and Carrara. Sometimes DAZ Studio just isn't enough and the Carrara offer came in quite handy, as I was specifically looking for an environment solution among other features I'd like to have smile

Will see how it goes about learning curve and all that, but looking forward to it and your EnviroKit looks really intuitive to use. Quite a bargain as well, appreciate the low price compared to the content it offers smile

Thank you!

You're taking your first steps into a larger world!
 Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

9 of 13