http://youtu.be/-qTIGg3I5y8

Signature 

*Sigh* Window->Tabs->Tool Settings->Draw Style->Manipulation: Off
Yeah. It’s like that.

Posted: 15 July 2012 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  506
Joined  2004-06-12

Cookie Monster was a fake, he never actually ate a cookie in his life, you only think he did.  If you look closely at any Cookie Monster footage, you can see what he really does with it.  It’s like what was being discussed the other day; it’s not what you know, it’s who you know, and quite frankly I’m a bit pissed-off that Cookie Monster has landed himself a record deal just because he pretends to eat cookies.

He definitely has contacts on Sesame Street, don’t care what anyone says, he can’t sing for cookies.

Posted: 15 July 2012 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8523
Joined  2007-11-06
pumeco - 15 July 2012 08:16 PM

Cookie Monster was a fake, he never actually ate a cookie in his life, you only think he did.  If you look closely at any Cookie Monster footage, you can see what he really does with it.  It’s like what was being discussed the other day; it’s not what you know, it’s who you know, and quite frankly I’m a bit pissed-off that Cookie Monster has landed himself a record deal just because he pretends to eat cookies.

He definitely has contacts on Sesame Street, don’t care what anyone says, he can’t sing for cookies.

He may not have had a great voice, but the sincerity and emotion he put into his music won over the record company execs.

That’s right, he got the contract because HE FELT.

BTW, who remembers the episode where he learns healthy eating habits?

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 16 July 2012 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12
fixmypcmike - 15 July 2012 08:56 PM

That’s right, he got the contract because HE FELT.

Oh he felt something alright, it was the puppeteers hand right up his…

Anyway, can’t remember any specific episode, but I always remember four of the characters; Cookie Monster, the purple vampire who was always “count”-ing, and the big yellow one, Big Bird.  Have to say though, Big Bird used to annoy me, I mean really annoy me, never could stand Big Bird.  My favourite was that scruffy one, Grouch, Grouchie, or Groucho I think he was called.  Everyone had a their place but he preferred to live in a bin on the street.  He used to pop his head out of the bin, say stuff about the others, then hide away again - lol

Posted: 16 July 2012 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

OMG it’s Oscar, that’s what his name was, Oscar the Grouch!!!

Here he just found a cell-phone, awesome character:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE9uKTgmQvY

Image Attachments
Oscar.jpg

Posted: 17 July 2012 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-06-25
Jaderail - 15 July 2012 11:51 AM

Do not get me started on Rush. Way to many great songs to pick from, I saw 2112 live. Great concert.

Awwww now I am jealous!! No promoter’s gonna bring them here ever…

Frank0314 - 15 July 2012 11:59 AM

I grew up listening to Rush. Great band, great songs. My wife is a die-hard.

Just think there are journalists out there who believe Rush has no female fanbase! =D Ooh they’re wrong…

More Rush awesomeness, this time in the form of a Neil Peart drum solo!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI9KsF2tWu4

pumeco - 15 July 2012 05:24 PM

And yes indeed, the “The Matrix Code” design people recognise was actually taken from Ghost in the Shell.  A lot of big movies are based on anime, especially Tarantino films.  Spielberg is about to have a go now, he’s been granted the job of making a live action version of Ghost in the Shell.  Should be good if he keeps it true to the anime and manages to capture the mood of the film.

Now I know why Tarantino stuff always seemed recycled to me.
A live action version sounds interesting, but on the other hand… whom are they going to cast?? Noomi Rapace?

Regards the two links, I couldn’t reach the first one, seems like it’s blocked in the UK.

How cute. It’s our leading news agency site. Smoldering ambers of the cold war?

I mentioned water because that’s a perfect example of it.  There is no way on this earth that £50 per month for water can be justified.  They’re not pumping liquid gold through the taps, it’s just water.

Well from an environmentalist point of view, it is liquid gold actually. Ask around somewhere in the Sahara.

But is it just the cold water or hot water too? And is it per person, per square meter or per an apartment? The three of us in this apartment pay about £10 per month for cold water, but it’s the same £50 per month for hot water, so £60 overall for three people.

the poor in this country are left with nothing net taxes and utilities.

Basically this is the same that the ITAR TASS article was saying about Russia.

It’s like I said, we’re screwed senseless here - the UK is for rich people - nice place if you can afford it.  Even as we speak I’m looking into emigrating.  I tried Bulgaria a few years ago, was going to buy a run-down wreck of a place for around four to five thousand and do it up a bit at a time.  That was going to be my escape from this place.  It would have meant a totally different lifestyle and I was really looking forward to it, didn’t work out though - couldn’t find anywhere.
I must spend 90% of my online time figuring a way out of this place, thank god for the internet!

I sincerely wish you good luck. Just don’t try Latvia, a friend of mine had to move to the UK from there because there are no jobs in Latvia.

Regards the Russian bloodline, I agree, I think that makes sense due to all the countries that border Russia

No, no, not just the bordering countries. Look at the map: Russia takes up almost the whole Eurasia continent. Russia is an empire that has slowly expanded across the Ural mountains over the centuries, sucking in more and more diverse Asian cultures. And even before the days of the empire and its Eastern expansion, the original European Russia was an amalgamation of several dozens of Slavic, Finno-Ugric and Tatar peoples, from the river Volga up to the Karelian isthmus.

A major //forced// cultural unification occurred during the Soviet days, and it’s been the main cultural export, and up to now most people think “Russian” when they should think “Soviet”. Still, local cultures survived, and obviously nations survived, even though the Soviet era ushered in a lot of ethnic mixing, too.

And then, there’s always the nomad nations like the Gypsies, and then there’s the ubiquitous Jews… and actual immigrants… try throwing them all together and see if all the available Genesis morphs are enough to replicate all the looks LOL

BTW that new Ksenia character doesn’t look that typically Russian to me, I’ve seen women that look like her, but they’re rare here and somewhat coveted LOL

, and actually, I just posted that “Russian Girls” video out of fun to see if you’d call me anything.  I used Ascania’s post as an excuse to post it.  I thought after all that stuff I posted about retro women, me getting excited about a stereotypical babe video, you might say something witty.

I was expecting to be called a sexist pig or something like that :-D

I just thought it was a bit of a display of involuntary ignorance, y’know. That’s not “Russian red”, it´s “Soviet red” actually, for starters =P And the screenshot looked so hilariously stereotyped (blondes in camo pants, oh really, how Russian), I thought it’s going to be a yet another boring sexploitation vid with a supposedly exotic flavour, so I didn’t even watch. //there’s enough real Russian sexploitation in pop music vids on local TV//

And who am I to call a male a male? =)

All in all, I can’t blame you, only the culture that reared you…

On a related note… Have a look at the videos by Amaranthe, one of my favourite Scandinavian MDM (melodic death metal) bands. Elize Ryd rocks quite a seductress image onstage =) And she can sing… I also love the story in the Hunger video, some may say still it’s cheesy, but I haven’t seen that much action movie-like plots in rock vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y25snz83ms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8lV1To-_fU

not only is it a feminine thing to do (making clothes)

Tell this to the fashion designers, will you? =D They’re mostly male!

Actually I am a feminist so I do not believe activities should be “feminine” or “masculine” - I’ve been denied one too many jobs in engineering because I am “the wrong gender”. I believe that the biological sex we’re born into only makes a difference when planning a family (who’s gonna do the breastfeeding?) or doing sports, we should not judge each others’ mental abilities by it.

I firmly believe most of the “psychological differences” between human males and females are cultural. There’s enough striking differences between various cultures (both current and historic) to challenge the Western stereotypes of what’s “proper” for a man or a woman.

They just don’t wear fancy stuff like that over here, most women here wear boring stuff they pick-up at the superstore, and apart from them having slight differences between them, they’re practically all the same (and therefore so are the women that wear them).

Not that many people wear fancy stuff here as well, but it’s mostly a matter of money. Knitting and crocheting is more affordable here, so it’s a popular pastime for women and some men (don’t forget, historically knitting was for men only… like high heels… ah, times, they change). I just don’t like the crocheted/knit look (maybe because it’s popular here? Especially in winter, when almost everyone wears something like that, ready-made or self-made).

Regards the Europe video, have to say I got the hots for that big Gothic house in the background tongue laugh

I agree, the house is the true star of the vid!

Anyway, time for me to grab a midnight snack, a can of Strongbow, and watch Spice and Wolf episode 3.

Strongbow, what’s that?
And enjoy Spice and Wolf, it’s just getting to the point! =)

Signature 

do your research before blaming 3Delight for shortcomings of your renders

dA gallery link in profile along with anything else you may need to know about me

my thread with freebies

Posted: 17 July 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2011-05-02

It it interesting that some music videos consist usually of a lot of attractive graphics with equally well rehearsed miming, done to the extent that it appears that the artists are actually performing for us, it all becomes sort of believable.
Here is what I suppose you could call a music video, a bit of fun from around 1965

The Who,..Can’t Explain.

Posted: 17 July 2012 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22
TapiocaTundra - 17 July 2012 12:27 PM

It it interesting that some music videos consist usually of a lot of attractive graphics with equally well rehearsed miming, done to the extent that it appears that the artists are actually performing for us, it all becomes sort of believable.
Here is what I suppose you could call a music video, a bit of fun from around 1965

The Who,..Can’t Explain.

ROLF!! That is SO TRUE!! Love it!! Perfect example.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 17 July 2012 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

@TapiocaTundra
Welcome to the madhouse :-P

@Mustakettu
Well put it this way, I’d have rather the rights for live action had gone to Tarantino than Spielberg.  There’s no way Spielberg will make a better job of Ghost in the Shell than Tarantino would have.  Ghost in the Shell is a gritty, in your face Cyberpunk film and there’s nothing in Spielberg’s past that falls into that category.  Tarantino on the other hand, is a genuine follower of anime, and his movies, it’s fair to say, are a lot more daring and in your face than the stuff Spielberg produces.  Spielberg produces mostly for kids, whereas Tarantino always produces for grown ups.

My prediction is that he’ll screw it up for three reasons:

1 - He’ll screw around with the story (despite he claims Ghost in the Shell is one of his favourite stories).
2 - He’ll use American actors when they should be Japanese (that’ll piss off people expecting a smoking-hot Japanese Motoko).
3 - He’ll remove the nudity (even though the nudity is never sexual in Ghost in the Shell, it’s part of the make-up of the movie).

Perhaps the reason you feel Tarantino movies are recycled, is because he’s a true Grindhouse producer.  You only ever get that stuff from watching movies from the 70’s etc, indie producers, or guys like Tarantino. The success of movies like “Hostel” are examples of how he’s brought Grindhouse back to the mainstream.  I suppose you could say Ghost in the Shell is “Grindhouse” in an intelligent “shell”.

There were a lot of big companies and directors chasing the rights to Ghost in the Shell, even Sony were chasing it and never landed it so that’ll give an idea of how big it’s going to be on release.  It’ll do phenomenally well even if he does screw it up, but it’ll be interesting to see whether Spielberg will stay true to his comment of it being one of his favourite stories, or whether he simply saw the $$$ available to him with Ghost in the Shell, and turns it into a Hollywood puke-fest (I’m guessing he’ll do the latter).  Tarantino could have produced a classic on even limited budget, whereas Spielberg has forgotten how to do that.  The best Spielberg film I ever saw was his first, “Duel”, one that had no special effects and actually relied upon the story and suspense, not CGI.

Regards the blocked link, I bet it’s the UK blocking it, not Russia (no surprise there then).

As for the water, I’m afraid not, the £50 per month is what we pay based on the property per month.  It’s not for heated water, it’s not even metered, it’s just the fee we pay for cold water per month.  Even if we never used a single drop of water, we would still have to pay them £50 per month.  In order to heat the water we also have to pay otherworldly gas bills (and they are proportionally even worse than the water bill).

Regards Latvia, no worries there, I have no intention of living in Latvia.  I’m planning on Spain as that’s the obvious choice for most Brit’s wanting to escape the UK, and I kinda like Spain in that it’s not “formal” like the UK is, not in any respect.  I know for a fact that even on little income, you can have a very nice life in Spain and I thoroughly intend to have one.  I’ll be living in a motorhome over there if I go ahead with it, and that’s something I’ve always envied.

Regards the “Russian Girls” video, nope, it’s not the culture, it’s human nature.  Trust me when I tell you that the sight of smoking-hot Russian women in hot-pants is no less appealing to a British male than a bunch of smoking-hot British women in hot-pants would be to a Russian male.  I think men who claim they don’t enjoy videos like that are either gay or restrained by religion.  I’m quite happy to admit I enjoyed every minute of it.  That said, you shouldn’t underestimate it, the video is actually very nicely shot on a cinematic level, and assuming the cameramen were male, I can imagine that took some doing considering the distractions they had while shooting it :-P

The knitting, or rather men who do knitting, well, I have no comment on that other than I agree that times have certainly changed.

On a more serious note, it’s no surprise that a lot of successful clothes designers are men.  Men know what makes a woman sexy more than women do.  You are the woman, we are the observers, and we know what we like (whether women like it or not).  What you like and what we like are two totally different things.  Women look better in clothes designed by men because for the most part, men are the observers of the female form.  It makes perfect sense in much the same way that clothes for men will be better designed by women (even if we don’t think so).  It’s a case of you know what you like to see, and so do we.

Regards the sexploitation in music videos, I love sexploitation movies and videos (just being honest).  The erotic element of sexploitation has been an attraction and pass-time for men ever since Mr Caveman discovered he could draw on his cave wall.  He had a spearhead and Mammoth-blood for ink whereas modern man has his Wacom, that’s the only difference.  Women are no angels either, in fact, surveys show that women are as excited by such things as men are.  For example one survey showed at least 25% of women fantasized about being tied up (a staple scenario of sexploitation movies).

Regards the Russian/Soviet Red thing; I’m not really up on the history of Russia, but to be honest I got the idea from a Russian advert they used to show over here.  I can’t remember what it was for, but it contained words about Russia followed by ”...and available in any colour, as long as it’s red.”

Amaranthe; better than some of the others of that style but I still thought the noise to melodic ratio was out of my comfort zone.  They reminded me a bit of Evanescence, although I prefer Evanescence much more.

Regards Spice and Wolf, yup, I’m liking it and genuinely looking forward to the next episode tonight.  The characters seem to “work” well in this anime so it’s enjoyable to watch.  The apple gag was a good one, I’m just glad it was the fruit “apple” and not the company she has a love for.  Have to say the music is catchy as well, both opening and closing tracks.  The closing track is a very girly but even so, there’s no denying the musicality of it.  Whoever wrote it knows how to shape a melody.

What is Strongbow? -  I’ll give you a clue, it’s made from the finest apples and Wolf would most certainly like it :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWPfzsV_SXA

Posted: 17 July 2012 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-05-02

On the subject of Quentin Tarantino and Japanese culture, here are some lovely Tokyo “surfin-san” ladies performing live May this year in Minnesota, I just love em.

5678s,,,I’m Blue

Posted: 17 July 2012 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  271
Joined  2005-08-20
pumeco - 17 July 2012 03:58 PM

What is Strongbow? -  I’ll give you a clue, it’s made from the finest apples and Wolf would most certainly like it grin

Such a shame that to turn those apples into Strongbow they had to remove absolutely everything that made those apples so fine.

Signature 

*Sigh* Window->Tabs->Tool Settings->Draw Style->Manipulation: Off
Yeah. It’s like that.

Posted: 18 July 2012 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

@TapiocaTundra
They seem very Un-Japanese though :-P

@Ascania
I thought it was just Cider, just mashed-up apple - although I’ve never read the label.
Still, I only bought it at random, I bought Woodpecker this time, tastes different to Strongbow.

Posted: 18 July 2012 10:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-05-02

I suppose I was referring more to the fact that Tarantino used the 5678s in Kill Bill Vol1, although Japanese culture has moved on a bit.

Posted: 19 July 2012 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRank
Joined  2004-06-12

Ah, right.  I haven’t seen Kill Bill yet (one or two).

I saw the trailers to them and I didn’t like the look of them much, too much fighting and floating through air.  I saw clips and like what he did with the camera angles on them, but that was about it.  I prefer the stuff he does when he’s co director/producer, stuff like Hostel one and two, Sin City, that sort of thing.

Posted: 19 July 2012 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  416
Joined  2008-06-25
TapiocaTundra - 17 July 2012 12:27 PM

The Who,..Can’t Explain.

This was just awesome! =D Made me think of that 1980 “live” performance by Judas Priest - not that witty, unfortunately, but Halford‘s defiantly lousy lipsynch is quite endearing =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdZlVlshnO4

Speaking of The Who… Here’s an except from a Finnish TV show where they sing covers. If you wait a minute while the host and the guy by the name of Tuomo are done (and then some more of that in the middle of the vid), you’ll hear one of my favourite male singers Osku Ketola (not the one that’s wearing glasses) sing a portion of a Finnish hit no one knows here, and then of The Who’s Won’t Get Fooled Again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCSAR623LvQ

Osku fronts his own band Palava now, they play this absolutely lovely brand of ultramegaromantic pop/folk rock. Check out these two videos:

- this one is a live one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T5CbHfypGE
- and this one is an “official” video. The funny thing is that it’s a slideshow =) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnl0R9bLXMw

Amaranthe; better than some of the others of that style but I still thought the noise to melodic ratio was out of my comfort zone.

It’s not “noise”, it’s metal guitars, you hipster you =P

Evanescence was one of the top faves when I was a teen, though feels really tame and overly commercialised by my standards now… Here’s a cover of “My Immortal” I like a lot, it’s by Helen Vogt who currently fronts Flowing Tears, one of my alltime favourite bands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5k4jX4jG7E

And here’s some Flowing Tears live, playing one of my favourite songs (gotta love the drummer shots!!) I love how Helen always spices up old songs live with harsh vocals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovpntNQmpuw

Lisa Middelhauve (former Xandria singer) also does some excellent vocals live, both clean and harsh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvDWcrfYVHQ 
//BTW I was at that show!! It was Lisa’s last performance with that band, and it was absolutely fantastic!//

I guess the only one who would be able to appreciate the following two videos would be Jaderail - it’s 110% pure German thrash metal… Sabina Classen of Holy Moses and Britta Görtz of Cripper, two generations of pure power and passion…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0akBho3jig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT33gTZNQik

Now the non-music stuff…

Spielberg produces mostly for kids, whereas Tarantino always produces for grown ups.

Perhaps the reason you feel Tarantino movies are recycled, is because he’s a true Grindhouse producer.  You only ever get that stuff from watching movies from the 70’s etc, indie producers, or guys like Tarantino. The success of movies like “Hostel” are examples of how he’s brought Grindhouse back to the mainstream.  I suppose you could say Ghost in the Shell is “Grindhouse” in an intelligent “shell”.

Wow, I see you’re a serious movie buff… thanks for the info, I’ll have something witty to say next time people start talking movies with me.

As for the water, I’m afraid not, the £50 per month is what we pay based on the property per month.  It’s not for heated water, it’s not even metered, it’s just the fee we pay for cold water per month.  Even if we never used a single drop of water, we would still have to pay them £50 per month.  In order to heat the water we also have to pay otherworldly gas bills (and they are proportionally even worse than the water bill).

So all in all, relatively the same as here. Don’t forget how little an average Russian makes.

I know for a fact that even on little income, you can have a very nice life in Spain and I thoroughly intend to have one.  I’ll be living in a motorhome over there if I go ahead with it, and that’s something I’ve always envied.

Sounds cool, I hope this dream of yours comes true. The EU is fun in that you can basically just switch countries on a whim without applying for visas. You speak Spanish well?

Regards the “Russian Girls” video, nope, it’s not the culture, it’s human nature.

You didn’t get the idea. It is human nature indeed that makes you feel certain things when seeing certain things, but it’s culture that makes you think it’s OK to speak about your feelings of this type in public, especially with women around. This culture is seeping into Russia as well (we believe it’s American in origin, but we may be wrong), but generally in educated circles of the Russian society it is still considered improper to discuss “hot women” (celebrities or coworkers, doesn’t matter) with anyone else but your same sex drinking buddies.

Trust me when I tell you that the sight of smoking-hot Russian women in hot-pants is no less appealing to a British male than a bunch of smoking-hot British women in hot-pants would be to a Russian male.

Want a bit of an insight into local stereotypes? A Russian male would not in his wildest dreams imagine that there can actually exist hot women over there in the UK. The UK is believed here to spawn the least attractive women in the world. Probably because of all those members of your royal family, the only ones we’re familiar with here LOL

Moreover, Russians tend to believe most British men are gay. Hard to pinpoint why, it’s just that your brethren just tend to look gay to us. Maybe because of longer faceshapes… Even some of the guys in that Strongbow ad you posted appeared somewhat limp-wristed to me.

Sorry if it shocked you. No offence, nothing personal - it’s just the culture. It’s fascinating to think how all those subliminal messages shape our thinking and behaviour.

You got any fun stereotypes about Russians over there in the UK?

That said, you shouldn’t underestimate it, the video is actually very nicely shot on a cinematic level

OK I’ll watch it if you promise that the music in it is not hip hop/rap/contemporary r’n'b (the screenshots look like they belong in a hip hop vid, and I totally can’t stand that)

The knitting, or rather men who do knitting, well, I have no comment on that other than I agree that times have certainly changed.

Wanna know more? The UK used to be a major knitting centre! ;P

On a more serious note, it’s no surprise that a lot of successful clothes designers are men.  Men know what makes a woman sexy more than women do.  You are the woman, we are the observers, and we know what we like (whether women like it or not).

Yeah, too many men totally do not realise that not every woman wants to look sexy all the time. Though sometime even dressing modestly doesn’t help. Ever heard the expression “unwanted sexual attention”?

Anyway, made me think of this comic strip, take a look (work safe). The artist is male, BTW…

http://jw1277.deviantart.com/gallery/29034647#/d3b9ul3
http://jw1277.deviantart.com/gallery/29034647#/d3b9urs

It makes perfect sense in much the same way that clothes for men will be better designed by women (even if we don’t think so).

If only men ever cared about the way they dress…
On the other hand, have you seen that “Gene Roddenberry’s Andromeda” show? The costume designer during the height of the show was a woman, Toni Burroughs-Rutter, and it’s the only show ever that made me go “Wow” about the way the leading men were dressed. I guess, though, I simply have a compatible vision because the women’s costumes were also beyond awesome, to my mind. Then, I saw a few minutes of that “In the Name of the King” movie with Jason Stetham, and there was that princess or something on the screen, and I was, like, “I want that dress!!”, and IMDB told me Toni was the designer.

I bet there are other female costume designers, but few men’s outfits have ever struck me as so brilliantly executed. Only Merlin comes to mind (yeah, that UK show), though the women’s costumes there look better than men’s, I’d say.

Yet, Keith Hamilton Cobb of Andromeda did complain about his character’s chainmail shirt A LOT =D

I guess you men don’t find sexy clothing that comfortable to wear, either…

Women are no angels either, in fact, surveys show that women are as excited by such things as men are.  For example one survey showed at least 25% of women fantasized about being tied up (a staple scenario of sexploitation movies).

OK, I’ll be honest too, in return. That whole vanilla idea of “sexy” and “erotic” is incredibly boring for me. You know, I’m the polar opposite of the kind of women you just mentioned. I like tying others up. And not with silk scarves. And no, I’m not interested in discussing it any further - I don’t like talking, I like action. Besides *in an Obi-Wan Kenobi voice*, I’m educated enough not to consider this type of discussion appropriate for civilised people who barely know each other.

Regards the Russian/Soviet Red thing; I’m not really up on the history of Russia, but to be honest I got the idea from a Russian advert they used to show over here.  I can’t remember what it was for, but it contained words about Russia followed by ”...and available in any colour, as long as it’s red.”

It’s not surprising that marketologists would taylor ads to touch upon the local stereotypes of what constitutes “Russian”.

Funny how we do learn the history of Europe in high school, but no one seems to ever study ours…

Have to say the music is catchy as well, both opening and closing tracks.  The closing track is a very girly but even so, there’s no denying the musicality of it.  Whoever wrote it knows how to shape a melody.

Could you listen to the Russian version of the ending I posted a few pages ago and tell me which one you like better?

What is Strongbow? -  I’ll give you a clue, it’s made from the finest apples and Wolf would most certainly like it grin

Ah, so it’s cider… Cool. One of the few types of alcoholic drinks I like.

Signature 

do your research before blaming 3Delight for shortcomings of your renders

dA gallery link in profile along with anything else you may need to know about me

my thread with freebies

5 of 12