Digital Art Zone

1 of 17
►►► ....and, all links lead to the EULA!
Posted: 06 February 2013 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2005-04-06

All the shop links go the the End User License Agreement page for me.  Anyone else having this fun situation?

Signature 

Former Post count 2152.  Somehow adding this makes it hurt a bit less. 

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2738
Joined  2009-02-24

Happened once, then it didn’t happen after I hit the agree button. It’s probably because they’ve amended their terms recently.

Signature 

Find me on DeviantArt
Download my free IBL presets for Luxus
Re-upload of Cresent’s awesome pwToon shaders
Create your own Smart Content

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1720
Joined  2012-04-14

Yep, attack of the EULA here as well.

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  304
Joined  2012-06-12

Yup, the first “attack of the EULA” was my fault (it wasn’t supposed to be up but got slipped into a code push to the site and was missing the checkbox and accept button).

This time, it is for real though. With DIM on the verge of being in general release and install packages going to be available just as ZIP files, the EULA acceptance on the site is so you don’t have to accept the EULA on every single piece of content being installed.

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2796
Joined  2006-07-31
DAZ_Jon - 06 February 2013 12:38 PM

Yup, the first “attack of the EULA” was my fault (it wasn’t supposed to be up but got slipped into a code push to the site and was missing the checkbox and accept button).

This time, it is for real though. With DIM on the verge of being in general release and install packages going to be available just as ZIP files, the EULA acceptance on the site is so you don’t have to accept the EULA on every single piece of content being installed.

I’m sorry but you can’t force new EULA on previous purchases or access to previous purchases. No way, it is illegal.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18

Accept for those of us who will not use the DIM, and have to do it anyway. Nice!

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2302
Joined  2010-12-18
Kattey - 06 February 2013 12:39 PM
DAZ_Jon - 06 February 2013 12:38 PM

I’m sorry but you can’t force new EULA on previous purchases. No way, it is illegal.

You are correct, companies have lost that battle in court in the past. So don’t worry about their illegal activities.

Signature 

My deviantArt Pinup Gallery

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

You’ve accepted the EULA for years as part of installers.  This is just a one stop shop where you can get it over with once and for all. smile

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
adamr001 - 06 February 2013 12:41 PM

You’ve accepted the EULA for years as part of installers.  This is just a one stop shop where you can get it over with once and for all. smile

This EULA is new and changed and I don’t use DIM because it asked me to accept this new changed EULA. New EULA has section about forbidding 3d print unless I buy a special license for it. It forbids to share content within household as it did before. And it gives only 7 days limited warranty which I’m finding frankly disturbing in light of all those changes that hit DAZ3D recently because I suspect they will drop 30-days money back guarantee in future.

I want to access my previous purchased made under previous EULA without need to agree on new one.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1277
Joined  2008-03-30

If it was the same EULA, you would be right, however this new one is significantly different I believe according to the furore in other threads wink

Signature 

[Join the little green box collection party!]
Ianz Place
Daz 3D Documentation
Daz 3D on YouTube
Daz 3D Forum Archive

Posted: 06 February 2013 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-07-07

Oh no, a new EULA Atack!

To see the products need an accepting the EULA?
Sorry, but how i can delete my Account… must i accept the EULA before? Unbelievable! *shaking the head*

So i’ll say goodbye… have a nice live
cool grin
The good customer

Posted: 06 February 2013 01:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1336
Joined  2006-03-14

The only route to remove your account is to contact DAZ Support via the Contact Us link at the top of the store.

Signature 

My Tutorials and Freebies Index

Posted: 06 February 2013 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
adamr001 - 06 February 2013 01:15 PM

The only route to remove your account is to contact DAZ Support via the Contact Us link at the top of the store.

So you can’t even delete your account without accepting new EULA because “Contact Us” isn’t visible unless you do so.

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2013 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31

This new EULA thing. The same one that doesn’t let me even go to my account or open a support ticket.

This new EULA thing that only has an option to accept under blanket terms.

This new EULA thing has a curious section, which I’m fully quoting here:

“If User does not agree to the terms of this EULA, please do not select the “Accept” button below or continue User’s purchase, download, or use of any Content. In the case User does not accept this EULA, User must delete any and all previously obtained Content from User’s computer systems and from any backup devices that User may have used.”

Emphasis mine.

So if I don’t accept this EULA thing I’m legally obliged to delete all my previous purchases which were made under a very different EULA? Because it is no longer product-by-product EULA acceptance but one blanket EULA it means all of my previously purchased content.

DAZ3D official people, please explain this moment to me. It is even legal?

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2013 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  548
Joined  2007-08-14

I’m waiting for clarification on this before accepting anything.

By the way, there is another thread about this.

Signature 

These are not the tutorials you’re looking for. Move along.
My old profile

Posted: 06 February 2013 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
araneldon - 06 February 2013 01:54 PM

I’m waiting for clarification on this before accepting anything.

By the way, there is another thread about this.

I think people need to be more aware about changes. “Tap on shoulder” doesn’t really cover the magnitude of legal harassment that this new EULA imposes on DAZ3D customers.

Signature 

1 of 17