1 of 24
Commerical Products forum gone?
Posted: 05 February 2013 09:16 PM   [ Ignore ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

Hi,

I just noticed that the “Commercial Products” forum is gone and has been replaced with “DAZ PA Commercial Products”.  What happened to all the posts?  I tried looking for Caths (Mec4D) posts for her products and don’t see them in the search.  Her newest one for her 15 years in the biz is gone?

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 05 February 2013 09:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3036
Joined  2004-04-14

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewannounce/16350_508/

Signature 

My DAZ3D Store
My Free Stuff
My Art @ DeviantART
Ships of the Line - MEGA THREAD
How to use the Poser Format Exporter - **Updated 2013-02-09**

Posted: 05 February 2013 09:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

WOW…. very sad news.  OK, thanks Matty!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 05 February 2013 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8433
Joined  2009-07-13

yes I was just grabbing you the link.
sad indeed but understandable, Daz is a business after all
their sales are the reason for this forum’s existence.

just wondering, can OTHERS, not the vendor, mention outsude products and links still ANYWHERE in the forum?
or is this going to be cracked down on too?
and
can non-Daz published artists still post works and renders stating it uses something they made or show works in progress with a sigline for their store?

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
        never forget
A Drows Walk
Jaderail is at it again

Posted: 05 February 2013 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

It will be interesting to see if how this plays out.  If DAZ just shot themselves in the foot or if this is indeed a good move.  One of the things that makes DAZ good was that the forums were all inclusive and now…. not sure how that makes ME feel as a member feeling like this is a private club to the point where other vendors are blocked.  Oh well.  Time will tell. I love Genesis so DAZ has me by the kahones there.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 05 February 2013 09:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2798
Joined  2006-07-31
wendy♥catz - 05 February 2013 09:29 PM

can non-Daz published artists still post works and renders stating it uses something they made or show works in progress with a sigline for their store?

About that I’m almost sure they can’t - WIPs are only allowed from Published Artists and only on items they intend to sell through DAZ3D store.

By the way, anybody noticed that PAs now called “Premier Artists”. I liked “Published” more, “premier” sounds as a sort of like “Diamond Director”.

Signature 

Original Genesis shape and Genesis morphs transfer to G2F/G2M, G2F/G2M clones for Genesis
a way to transfer morphs to Genesis without Gen-X

Posted: 05 February 2013 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Yea “Published” sounds more artsy.  “Premier” seems like a snooty sort of word.  What ever works.  Some of the best content IS sold here.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 05 February 2013 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  922
Joined  2005-11-06

makes perfect business sense to me, especially since this is a small market.

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 05 February 2013 10:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  649
Joined  2006-11-10

At its own expense, DAZ has continued to provide a forum where 3rd party vendors could advertise their products free of charge to DAZ customers whether or not the products were available for sale on the DAZ site and despite the fact that DAZ competitors long ago disallowed this practice.

It has unfortunately now become apparent that continuing to allow this practice is detrimental to DAZ and unfair to DAZ Published Artists who publish and promote their products exclusively through the DAZ store.

Except ‘DAZ competitors long ago disallowing this practice’ is the reason I never go to those forums…

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 05 February 2013 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1279
Joined  2005-02-25

Wow I hope this doesn’t start a war, As I doing all my WIP at renderosity.

Signature 

The Mind on the other side!
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/midnight_stories/

Posted: 05 February 2013 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2005-05-17

wow, less and less reasons to stay around at all, my days at daz are numbered I think.

Posted: 05 February 2013 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  922
Joined  2005-11-06
Agent_Unawares - 05 February 2013 10:17 PM

At its own expense, DAZ has continued to provide a forum where 3rd party vendors could advertise their products free of charge to DAZ customers whether or not the products were available for sale on the DAZ site and despite the fact that DAZ competitors long ago disallowed this practice.

It has unfortunately now become apparent that continuing to allow this practice is detrimental to DAZ and unfair to DAZ Published Artists who publish and promote their products exclusively through the DAZ store.

Except ‘DAZ competitors long ago disallowing this practice’ is the reason I never go to those forums…

that should tell you that DAZ should have done this long ago. makes no sense for a company to promote items sold in other stores.  i can totally see entitled consumers wanting everything in one place since lost sales don’t affect them at all. Makes me wonder if DAZ vendors asked for this, I know I would if this was the only place i sold,

Signature 

Regards, Michael

“Documentation? Who needs documentation, just open it and learn!”

My DeviantArt Gallery

My DAZ Gallery

Posted: 05 February 2013 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  649
Joined  2006-11-10
FSMCDesigns - 05 February 2013 10:55 PM
Agent_Unawares - 05 February 2013 10:17 PM

that should tell you that DAZ should have done this long ago. makes no sense for a company to promote items sold in other stores.  i can totally see entitled consumers wanting everything in one place since lost sales don’t affect them at all. Makes me wonder if DAZ vendors asked for this, I know I would if this was the only place i sold,

I stopped going to those other sites’ forums because of this practice. How does that tell me DAZ should have followed suit? All it means is that now I’ll go back to their forums and sites and actually shop there instead of cherrypicking only nice stuff from posts I see here, because I can’t rely on this forum to keep me in the know. And I’ll be coming here a lot less for the same reason. Spending less time and less money.

I’m pointing out that DAZ will lose sales from me precisely because of this, not… whatever it was you were implying in the second sentence.

Signature 

Old post count: 3,394,206

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2007-11-12

Ultimately what it comes down to is that this practice was just not fair to DAZ PAs.

From a sheer business perspective it makes no sense for DAZ to promote or allow the promotion of competitors’ sites or competing products when we should be promoting our PA’s products on OUR site.

While allowing the practice may have made us look magnanimous to some and while some customers may not be happy with the decision and yes it is even possible that we may lose some sales from those customers, (but we hope not)  how many sales did we and our PAs lose because people followed links from our site to a competing site and bought there?

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1232
Joined  2004-08-24

And what about CUSTOMERS who talk glowingly about other products in the forums - from something that happened today, that seems to be unacceptable now as well.  Are we now not allowed to mention products from other stores that we like or show images of them? 

I guess the other part that is incredibly disturbing is that the threads that were just deleted without ANY notice were things that contained information that many of us would have liked to have had a chance to take note of.  Couldn’t you have given us time to get information from those threads before just deleting them?

Signature 

Cheers,
Alisa

Post Count - just add 6775 to what it says here smile
Coordinator & updater for KCTC Freebies *Remembering France*

Posted: 06 February 2013 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  2007-03-19

Sure from a business perspective it makes perfect sense I agree…

But from the point of view of being one of those very small independant sites that would be considered a “competitor” I gotta say that this was one of the very few sites left where I could advertise freely so long as it was in the apropriate forum… Removing that ability from us means that we lose another space from a very very short list from which to get any traffic at all… So koodos to Daz and the other “big names” for making sure that us little guys have absolutely no chance to compete at all… lets face it… we just don’t have the budget for advertising and marketing the way Daz and the other big sites do…

I also think that most of the biggies over-look the fact that having us smaller guys in the forums advertising and posting wips etc also provided a draw to Daz’s own sites and forums as well… (but hey… what would I know, what with being a forum user as well as an offsite vendor…)

I know I frequently looked in the forums here to see if I could find things from other sites that I couldn’t find in the store here or else where, and I’m sure so did many many others… But as I said… it makes perfect business sense… after all why would companies like Daz want anything other than to close their forums to outsiders when it allows them to protect their own profits and that’s what this is all about… nothing more nothing less…

For me as a simple user here and forum member this is just one more reason amongst many that I have to leave what used to be a very decent company and site to look else where for the community this used to be… I gotta say I find it very sad that big sites like this, who built themselves on the backs of the “community” are now becoming “closed” sites to anyone other than their own exclusive markets… I left Rendo shortly after they started this process for this same reason…

Signature 

Schell’s Armour Works… Home of “Theschell’s” Fantasy, Sci-fi and Historical models for Daz and Poser. Come check out my Website and Store at http://www.schells.ca ... Hope to see you soon!
Old Posts Count: 672

Conforming Figures Tutorial at http://www.schells.ca/ConformingItemswithDaz.pdf

“The only good place for a troll is under the bridge where he belongs!”

1 of 24