Digital Art Zone

4 of 4
New User with Download Problems
Posted: 08 June 2012 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  282
Joined  2012-06-03

I’ve reset ok several times in Itemised History but when you say you found them in your list under “C” which list is that as I can only find my wishlist ? The file will still be available though eventually as I’m really anxious to start, that is once I’ve understood everything so hope there’s a good instruction manual.

Sounds like all they problems I allus ‘as too on market days wot wi’ auctioneer goin’ on such….tongue rolleye

Signature 

“Those curious locks so aptly twin’d,
Whose every hair a soul doth bind.”
Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 08 June 2012 07:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16781
Joined  2003-10-09
jsma2012 - 08 June 2012 06:56 AM

I’ve reset ok several times in Itemised History but when you say you found them in your list under “C” which list is that as I can only find my wishlist ? The file will still be available though eventually as I’m really anxious to start, that is once I’ve understood everything so hope there’s a good instruction manual.

Sounds like all they problems I allus ‘as too on market days wot wi’ auctioneer goin’ on such….tongue rolleye

Click on “My Account” right up at the top of the scren at teh right,  takes you to My dashboard. In the menu on the left you will see “Itemised Order history”, click on that and it will show you all the files you have purchased so far.

The downloads for the free software offer won’t actuall show up in there though, only items that you take through the checkout.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 08 June 2012 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
chohole - 08 June 2012 06:22 AM

I think they may be in the process of changing files to the newere zip format, and it is throwing up the errors because you are trying to download the older format file, which actually no longer exists as such,

Any further news on the situation and progress please as the files are very much needed….??

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 08 June 2012 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Have you tried resetting your downloads, in order to see if this time round you get a zip file instead of the dpc.exe.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        November Freebie Challenge

Posted: 08 June 2012 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Yes but unfortunately still nothing. Thanks.

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 08 June 2012 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

So it is not changing the files in your Downloadable products ?

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2012 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

No not yet….

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 08 June 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Strange. OK I purchased the hair some time ago, when it first came out, so it wasn’t already in my downloadable products. On reset I got a file which is just called 5815.zip  (I only reset the hair, not all of the items you have. )

I don’t know quite what too suggest now. It may be time for you to submit a support ticket to sales dept, although I wwanr you they are a bit stressed at the moment.

You MAy or nmay not have realsied that you became a member of the Daz3D community at a very complicated time. cool smirk

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2012 01:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6017
Joined  2005-04-16
chohole - 08 June 2012 01:11 PM

Strange. OK I purchased the hair some time ago, when it first came out, so it wasn’t already in my downloadable products. On reset I got a file which is just called 5815.zip

Another thing that needs to be fixed.  Some people don’t install everything right away.  A file name with just a number is not intuitive at all.  On the couple that I downloaded so far, I put the product title into the file name in the Save dialog before saving it.

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 08 June 2012 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9327
Joined  2007-11-06

I’ve started a bug report asking for better naming:  https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47003

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ
Tutorial: Adding Surfaces in DS
Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 08 June 2012 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6017
Joined  2005-04-16

Thank you.  Sad that it has to be requested, though.  long face

Dana

Signature 

Old post count: 7511

Posted: 08 June 2012 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03
chohole - 08 June 2012 01:11 PM

Strange. OK I purchased the hair some time ago, when it first came out, so it wasn’t already in my downloadable products. On reset I got a file which is just called 5815.zip  (I only reset the hair, not all of the items you have. )

I don’t know quite what too suggest now. It may be time for you to submit a support ticket to sales dept, although I wwanr you they are a bit stressed at the moment.

You MAy or nmay not have realsied that you became a member of the Daz3D community at a very complicated time. cool smirk

Thanks, yes I’ve already submitted one so hopefully something soon….

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 08 June 2012 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

OK.  Has your wild weather died down any?  Up here the wind is getting a bit annoying. We live in an old cottage which has been renovated to make it open plan downstairs, with the front door opening straight out to the front garden from the main room. The wind is in just the right direction to make the letterbox rattle in the gusts, which has the catlings running around trying to find out whether someone is really going to come in, or something is going to come through the letter box.

They are typical catlings, eternally curious at everything that is going on.

Signature 

Posted: 08 June 2012 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-06-03

Still gusting pretty heavily from the South West but the barometer’s gone up from about 980mbs to about 1007mbs in the last couple of hours and the forecast is much calmer tomorrow and for the rest of the week, though the usual mix of rain and sun till next Tuesday when another lot’s due. Usual thing a big high stuck over the Azores so until it moves more of the same unfortunately. Sounds a bit exposed where you are, I’m in one of the valleys running off the Moors so we don’t get too much wind even if there is no mobile signal. Clear nights you can see the lights of Swansea or Cardiff not sure which, which makes it a bit surprising that Exmoor’s been given a clear skies award !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/8818770/Exmoors-night-sky-given-protective-status.html

Signature 

Thomas Carew 1595 ~ 1640

Posted: 08 June 2012 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2003-10-09

Yeah they are hoping to get it for Brecon as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17316599

I find it quite amazing up here, as although we can see the lights right down the valley, compared to where I used to live it is great, can see starts at night, well on clear nights,  something we could never do living near London.

Signature 

4 of 4