Digital Art Zone

shaders plus
Posted: 04 February 2013 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2004-10-05

Hello! I need to install shader plus, from Digital carvers guild, but it seems to be un-recognized by carrara 8.1.1.12… same in the beta version of 8.5… anybody has tried to install the DCG plugs in the last version of C PRO ???

Posted: 04 February 2013 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1392
Joined  2011-01-03
celmar - 04 February 2013 05:56 AM

Hello! I need to install shader plus, from Digital carvers guild, but it seems to be un-recognized by carrara 8.1.1.12… same in the beta version of 8.5… anybody has tried to install the DCG plugs in the last version of C PRO ???

Yes. I have installed Enhance:C and Terrain Tools just a few weeks ago.

As with most (all?) Carrara plug-ins, simply copy a few files into the Extensions folder. Make sure that you have copied all the files.

For the record, DCG is extremely helpful and responsive; so if the forum posts here don’t help you resolve, contacting DCG surely will.

Signature 

- Garstor
Australian-Canadian currently trapped in Texas (maintaining sanity with doses of Carrara, LightWave and PhotoShop)

My 3D art Flickr page for final or near-final images
My 3D art Flickr page for work-in-progress or experiments

Posted: 04 February 2013 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2009-03-09

I have Enhance:C, Shaders Plus, Shader Ops, Shader Ops 2, and Anything Goos - they all work quite nicely under 8.1.1.2

Make sure you put the right files in the directory: 32 vs. 64 bit, Windows vs Mac.

I don’t recommend trying to organize your “Extensions” folder: put everything in the main folder - no sub-folders.

Signature 

Come visit my store!

http://www.daz3d.com/fenric
http://fenric.com/wordpress/store/

Posted: 04 February 2013 08:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  177
Joined  2004-10-05

thank you for your answers!!!... as I have the same problem with shader ops, and shader plus, I’m answering that the fact to be under that damned f… Windows 8 is’nt the problem… I remember, with win 7, it was very simple: dragging in extension folder, wrinting once open C8 the serial number, and that’s done!...