Digital Art Zone

How do I use a purchased environment in Daz Studio?
Posted: 03 February 2013 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-10-31

I bought an environment from the Daz shop and am completely stumped on how to import it into Daz.  It gave me a lot of info on where it’s located on my computer when I installed it (the readme), but when I go into Daz Studio I can’t see it anywhere in my content menus.  How do I start using it?  Help.

Posted: 03 February 2013 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16403
Joined  2009-01-22

Need more info to help. Like a link to the item. That would really help me to help you.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 03 February 2013 12:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2012-10-31

It’s Botshop.

http://www.daz3d.com/bot-shop

Posted: 03 February 2013 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15742
Joined  2003-10-09

if you open the Content Library pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Content Library) it should be under Poser Formats>My Library>Props>Folder listed in the Readme, where My Library will be the folder you installed the item to.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 03 February 2013 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2012-10-31

It’s not there.

When I installed it, it asked what target app I wanted (I chose Daz Studio rather than Poser), then the installer chose /Applications/Poser 4 as the installation folder. 

So it’s in the wrong place.  I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling in Daz3D/Studio/My Library. 

But you’d think that if the installer asked me if I wanted Daz Studio as the target app, then it would pick the proper Daz Studio folder instead of Poser.  Sheesh. 

Thanks for your responses.

Posted: 03 February 2013 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2745
Joined  2003-12-06
ebedgert - 03 February 2013 04:05 PM

When I installed it, it asked what target app I wanted (I chose Daz Studio rather than Poser), then the installer chose /Applications/Poser 4 as the installation folder.

That “the installer chose” bit is, I think, actually a drop-down list where you can choose one of your possible default locations. In your case, “Poser 4” just happens to be the one that shows first if you don’t change anything. Click on the little down-arrow at the end of that line in the installer, and you should have your D|S content (whatever you’ve called it) as one of the options.

Some installers are more finicky than others, depending on how old they are, but once you’ve done this a few times it should stay as your “first preference” location choice.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.