Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
SAV’s Kouros Expansion pack by RAMWorks for DS 4.5 IS HERE!! 
Posted: 08 July 2012 10:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4533
Joined  2004-08-11

ICM… please see this link to a tutorial I wrote based on CauriB’s information: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/1866/
Oh, I see your still using 4.0.  Things have changed a little bit between 4.0 to 4.5.  No you don’t have to move the morphs one by one.  The method retains the morphs.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 08 July 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-03-09

I can’t seem to get it working, just tried it with the long ponytail Girl4 hair
Looks like I’ll have to wait for the stable release of DS4.5.

Posted: 08 July 2012 11:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

4.5 is allot more stable for me than 4.0.XX was…. I guess some of the plugins don’t work but ALL the plugins that come loaded with DAZ Studio Pro do so I’m fine with switching to 4.5.

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 10 July 2012 06:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-03-09

Found it!
The option was there, it’s just not where I expected it to be.
Where the tick box is for “Morph Targets” down the left hand side, you need to click on the actual text label “Morph Targets” to get the extra options to show on the right side.

It seems a kind of odd way doing so, I didn’t expect to have to click on what looks like a label, makes me wonder what other options I’ve not seen yet… must explore some more.

So yes, I’ve converted a few prop style .hr2 files now and all is well.
Now I need to work out how to stop some prop conversions twisting out of shape when fitted.

As for upgrading, I find DS4 stable enough really, I only have a couple of quirks with it which I can work around, such as remembering not to set two objects smoothing modifiers to collide with each other - Instant crash!
The other is a free shader to simulate a dry or wet tanned look, it wipes out the image maps (even when you set the map replacement to Ignore) and when you reassign them it has a tendency to crash, but once assigned it’s stable.
I don’t know if it’s a bug in the shader or DS that causes it, I know nothing about how to use the shader builder to fix it.

I use the extended Dynamic Cloth control plugin a lot with the V4 dynamic bodysuit to create custom fit morphs for other clothes so I won’t go upgrading until I know that’ll work in DS4.5.
it’s a weird trick but it creates a much more realistic fit, no more of the shrink wrap look.

There’s so much to find hidden away in DS4 really, so many tricks and techniques you can come up with by using options and tools in ways I don’t think they where intended for.

Sorry for derailing your thread, got carried away smile

Posted: 10 July 2012 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

It’s OK… very glad you found the morphs!  The conversion doesn’t remove them at all but yes, getting used to where things are in the parameters tab if your coming from DS 3 or even Poser can be very annoying!  lol

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

2 of 2