Digital Art Zone

3 of 4
Strange things that happen after learning 3D.
Posted: 10 February 2013 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10698
Joined  2007-11-06

...your friends begin to worry because they haven’t seen or heard from you in days, weeks…months.

...the pubkeep at your usual hangout fears you either moved, fell of the face of the earth, or ended up in a twelve step programme.

..the kitchen in your flat/home is littered with takeout containers because you no longer have (or take) the time to cook.

...when you meet an acquaintance you haven’t seen in a while (or one of the aforementioned friends or pubkeep) and are asked what you’ve been up to, you begin to describe your latest 3D project in detail, using terms they could never hope to comprehend like subsurface scattering, specularity, IBL, UV mapping, ray depth, etc…

...you spend more on computer hardware, 3D software, plugins, and content then you do on things like clothing, your car, or your family.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 10 February 2013 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2005-02-19

There was a Sci Fi writer called Philip Jose Farmer, in the ‘World of Tier’ sieries he said our planet wa s a copy left over from a prior war of universe makers, and everything beyond the moon was really in a drawing, which also emitted photons and other forms of radiation to make us think there was more beyond it.

Posted: 10 February 2013 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2012-11-06

I told my band mates the other day, that I am trying to learn how to make a complete 3D replica of myself in DAZ 3D so that I can project a virtual version of myself playing bass on-stage and thus have more time to work on our future music videos - which consequently will use fully 3D modeled versions of us playing on-stage.  Oh the irony.

Signature 

Get updates on the progress of Capsized the Movie!

“Just because I don’t know the meaning of my art, does not mean it has no meaning.” - Salvador Dali

My Video Portfolio
My Art Portfolio
My Music

Posted: 10 February 2013 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

Happy to see the thread alive still because I have a few new ones…

...When watching a Nature show you think that sky looks so fake, I could have done better.
...Setting up a scene is more important than the four Police cars across the street with all their lights flashing.
...Your clocks go from Am to Pm and your SO sure you just sat down at the Computer a minute ago.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 11 February 2013 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15247
Joined  2003-10-09
Jaderail - 10 February 2013 11:01 PM

...Your clocks go from Am to Pm and your SO sure you just sat down at the Computer a minute ago.

Oh yes I so know that one, and raise you this

You put the oven on to heat up, significant other says to you “Is the meat standing on the side meant to be there” you say “I just put the oven on to heat before roasting it” glance at the clock and realise that was over an hour ago.  True story, dinner was late yesterday red face

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        Neil’Vs Freebies and stuff        E Summer Bryce Rendering Challenge        July Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 11 February 2013 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  144
Joined  2006-01-22

red face Wondering why the ‘mirror modfier’ doesn’t work while shaving.

Or after a shower you dry of one leg and wonder why the other stays wet.

That realy did hapen when i started with ‘Blender’ and got a bit to deep into it. ohh

Grtz Jean-Claude

Posted: 11 February 2013 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  106
Joined  2006-05-14

funny!  i find myself constantly studying brow ridges, jawlines, eyelid folds, nostril creases on the face of everyone i see, wondering at how such tiny differences in form can make such a variety of faces— i can’t watch tv now that it’s all HD and you can see every detail, without feeling frustrated about my sculpting/morphing skills, haha!  why can’t i get my character’s nose to look just like that one??!!!  arrghhh!

Posted: 11 February 2013 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  209
Joined  2010-05-25

This just happened to me last night.  Driving past a grassy area I caught myself thinking, “Wow, that grass looks so real!  I wonder how they did it…”

Signature 

My deviantart:

http://fuseling.deviantart.com/

Posted: 11 February 2013 02:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2010-05-06

2. is the one I’ve noticed the most,

I watched the movie   Ella Enchanted with my kids a while back.  The entire movie I was just thinking..3point lighting…really!  They have not even tried to match the character lighting to the cgi background.

Signature 

Posted: 11 February 2013 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  533
Joined  2009-02-04

While out in a public place, you realise you have put your shirt on inside-out and wish it had a ‘flip normals’ mode.

While baking you worry that using a cookie cutter might ruin the topology of your dough.

You are at an art gallery viewing an exhibition on cubism and go around shouting ‘ha! this is more like noobism!’

At times, you wish your digitial camera could export to OBJ

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dogz

Posted: 24 February 2013 08:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13

You get a small cut on your finger and the first thought through your mind is…I wonder what the RGB value of my blood is.

The second is…Hell, I’ve got a scanner!

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 24 February 2013 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4545
Joined  2007-09-13
Dogz - 11 February 2013 03:32 PM

At times, you wish your digitial camera could export to OBJ

You mean like this?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/915328713/lynx-a-camera

Signature 

1432 old posts

My ShareCG gallery.

Just because something costs a lot, doesn’t mean it’s the best…

It just means it’s expensive.

Posted: 24 February 2013 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  16477
Joined  2009-01-22

You Spend fifteen minutes discribing something to somebody and then you get that AH HA. I could do that in 3D then spend 5 days really doing it.

Signature 

Exile, Drows Walk: A Tale of Jaderail starts here. Free pulp fiction at its Fantasy best, Updated 2/3/14.
Proud Member of the Bald Wizards Club My stuff at DeviantArt

Posted: 24 February 2013 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4752
Joined  2008-03-06
mjc1016 - 24 February 2013 08:18 PM

You get a small cut on your finger and the first thought through your mind is…I wonder what the RGB value of my blood is.

The second is…Hell, I’ve got a scanner!

HA.  I’ve done that exact thing.  Fortunately I did not have a scanner at the time. :D

You’re driving and you realize your visual field is 50% road surface even though part of your brain says the road is flat.  You lose all sense of visual perspective for an hour as your brain gets stuck in “literal camera” mode.  You fear that no line will ever look straight again until you get distracted by something shiny and snap out of it.

Signature 

My store at DAZ.

My Deviantart gallery.

Posted: 25 February 2013 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2005-02-19

When you go to the mall with teenagers, they get annoyed when you say “there’s no point buying that. It’s too easy to render.”

3 of 4