samething happened to me… it was working, then it wasn’t…. I just turned it off and quit using it…
Related to the first two posts: I’m beginning to think that somehow, DAZ itself did something to clobber Smart Content, possibly in prep for the new Install Manager.
I’ve never ever turned off metadata import in Smart Content, even when I’ve moved things around. People kept saying that various features depended on it, so I just left it alone and didn’t care if the items in it were broken, because I never use it.
Last week, I purchased the Freak5 Pro Bundle and installed it on a 184.108.40.206 installation of Studio, along with that week’s PC items. I expected that there would be a huge list of metadata to be processed. When I then started Studio after that, there was ... nothing. No list, no new items in Smart Content, nothing. As I say, I’ve never turned it off, and I don’t use it, so since I could still work with items in Content Library, I just shrugged and went on.
Then several people started posting that their Smart Content went walkabout on the same day that mine did. At first, I thought it was maybe related to the Freak5 bundle—that there was something in that metadata that took out Smart Content somehow.
Today, I had to reset and reinstall two older items on a totally different workstation with an older installation of Studio, 4.5.1.06. These items are both Genesis sets, but early enough that they both still have user-facing DSF files and not DUFs; one even still has its own separate metadata file. The first time I installed them, months ago on my first workstation, both items brought up the list of metadata to be processed. Today, neither one did. I installed the separate metadata file. No prompt, no processing. And neither item now appears in Smart Content.
The CMS is running, and was on both machines. Products and Categories over in the Content Library continues to work without a hitch. It’s just Smart Content that’s suddenly fallen over.
That strongly suggests that somehow DAZ has done something, possibly some sort of push or something included in the main files for all products; I should not be getting the same peculiar behavior from different products in different versions on different workstations unless something has changed at the other end of the transaction.
I don’t actually care if Smart Content dies or slinks quietly away ... but this seems very odd indeed.