Digital Art Zone

1 of 4
Daz 4.5 Smart content suddenly stopped showing in smart content panel?
Posted: 01 February 2013 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2011-10-12

I was working on a character last night and scrapped it shut of my computer and went to bed, this morning none of my smart content is working.
I made sure the manager was running, I re-imported meta-date, I uninstalled and re-installed the starter essentials, then repeated the previous steps and still nothing!
Any Ideas?

Posted: 01 February 2013 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2945
Joined  2011-12-10

samething happened to me… it was working, then it wasn’t…. I just turned it off and quit using it…

Signature 

My DeviantArt Galleries
My ShareCG Gallery
OPENSUBDIV Testing and Discussion
3Delight Surface and Lighting Thread

Posted: 01 February 2013 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6506
Joined  2005-08-15
Kyogama - 01 February 2013 01:11 PM

I was working on a character last night and scrapped it shut of my computer and went to bed, this morning none of my smart content is working.
I made sure the manager was running, I re-imported meta-date, I uninstalled and re-installed the starter essentials, then repeated the previous steps and still nothing!
Any Ideas?

What OS are you using, and what version of DS 4.5, look in Help > About DAZ Studo for the full version number.

Posted: 01 February 2013 06:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-12
JimmyC_2009 - 01 February 2013 05:46 PM
Kyogama - 01 February 2013 01:11 PM

Any Ideas?

What OS are you using, and what version of DS 4.5, look in Help > About DAZ Studo for the full version number.

windows 7, version 4.5.1.56 pro edition (64 bit)

Posted: 01 February 2013 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  695
Joined  2003-10-09

Same thing happend to me just now.

Vista Home Basic, version 4.5.1.56 pro edition (64 bit)

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 01 February 2013 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  635
Joined  2007-05-26

Sometimes I have to click on ALL button when it doesn’t show up automatically in the smart content tab.

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 02 February 2013 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

If you don’t see the little triangles opposite Products and Categories, as shown in the image below, then your CMS (Content Management Service) is not running.  You would need to investigate that.

Image Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg

Posted: 02 February 2013 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2007-09-12

Be careful to check out firewall software since DAZ uses the net to provide smart content. Also try StartContent Management Service from start menu.

Signature 

Favourite Figure: Victoria 5
My Art Gallery: http://mattiascibien.deviantart.com/
Developer of AutoCam (commercial follow-up of my thesis project).

Posted: 02 February 2013 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2008-11-20

simular just happened to me. Although i have 4.0 pro. I did everything I read here: http://wiki.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazcms_check
While I was doing it I noticed something. In the services panel DCM was stopped. So I started it up. And loaded up Daz Studio. Now while still having the services panel opened I noticed that as soon as Daz Studio started, DCM would stop. I re-did this about 5 times and everytime DCM would stop right when Daz Studio starts. The only thing it seams to affected is the smart content. I can still open old files. But I really like the way it was orginized. Can someone help??
I have Win 7 btw.

Posted: 03 February 2013 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15

I am not certain about DS4.5, but certainly with DS4.0, the main installer did not touch the CMS when you did a re-install.  It installed the latest version of DS4, but left the CMS in place. 

What you need to do, is to uninstall the CMS from Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D, and then install DS4.0 again, this will ensure that the latest version of CMS is installed along with the application.

Posted: 03 February 2013 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6962
Joined  2012-09-10

I would think a firewall would not block a program it has previously let through- it’s not an on and off again type thing (or you have a pretty worthless program)  I am windows 64 bit and the stupid thing just did the same thing for me. The content was there, now nothing’s working in smart content. 

I did notice (like what was mentioned) that the OLD CMS was there- I deleted it. Am reinstalling.

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
The Art Studio: Thread #4   Product Discussions
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 03 February 2013 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10
MrPoser - 01 February 2013 07:38 PM

Sometimes I have to click on ALL button when it doesn’t show up automatically in the smart content tab.

doesnt work. Tried clicking all types of things, no go. CMS not running.  Reinstalling / uninstalling AGAIN.

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 03 February 2013 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-10-12

Any luck? Nothing has worked for me yet

Posted: 03 February 2013 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-08-15
Kyogama - 03 February 2013 03:53 PM

Do you see the triangles next to Products and Categories as shown previously?
Did you uninstall the CMS (not delete), and then reinstall DS4.5.

Have you tried starting CMS from the Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D menu?

Posted: 03 February 2013 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10
JimmyC_2009 - 03 February 2013 04:05 PM
Kyogama - 03 February 2013 03:53 PM

Do you see the triangles next to Products and Categories as shown previously?
Did you uninstall the CMS (not delete), and then reinstall DS4.5.

Have you tried starting CMS from the Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D menu?

I had already uninstalled the CMS and tried that before I went the delete route, my CMS reinstalled again when I reinstalled the studio, I installed the studio before the Genesis Essentials,  I will probably have to go back to old version. :(

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

Posted: 03 February 2013 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2012-09-10

Would you start the CMS BEFORE you open the studio? I am assuming so? I’ll give it a try.
EDIT:  I did the start/programs/daz/content management system route, still nothing, so went to the little square in upper right corner of the left viewing pane where all the tabs are and just checked to import meta data. Didnt check anything else. Will let you know. Meta data is coming
in.  I just left checked the “Show as new item” and “New user data overrides product data” as I havent done anything and havent a clue what that means anyway!

Signature 

SILO Step By Step
Beginners Videos Thread-

1 of 4