Digital Art Zone

8 of 8
HU - little change for the Free items
Posted: 27 March 2013 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  628
Joined  2008-07-16
BorgyB - 27 March 2013 08:56 AM

Even though I haven’t been here as long, I agree with you all as I had seen enough of how much better DAZ handled their customers before the recent changes. I’ve voiced my dissatisfaction through the zendesk. So keep doing that, too. And maybe, just maybe, they’ll get a clue.

Funny that you would bring this up, I just was wondering about that being the proper route to send customer feedback. Too bad it is not more of a separate department… I thought it used to be, but as we’ve all noticed, things change.
The disappointing thing is that given the number of product support issues, unless there is someone specifically tasked to read these feedback observations, they would most likely seem to fall pretty far down on the priority list.

Signature 

VISIT MY ShareCG FREEBIE GALLERY

Posted: 27 March 2013 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2012-02-05

Yeah. The zendesk has “General Feedback” as one of the options. I have sent a few and gotten responses of appreciation and it would be forwarded to their marketing or such and such department. It might be just scripted answers, but at least I know I did something and maybe get a response if luck is with me. A longshot, but you never know.

Signature 

Follow the exploits of SERVANT in this digital comic series! The First Issue is Free to Download!
or as a webcomic at http://servant.thecomicseries.com/

Check out my Deviantart Gallery, Facebook page, and over at the DAZ Art Studio.

Posted: 29 March 2013 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  406
Joined  2008-06-25

I can’t even figure how those “bonus” items are supposed to work - I was purchasing a fast grab item today and tried adding the DVDs that appear at the top of the “freebie” list to the cart - but it didn’t show up as free. What could I be doing wrong? Not that I want those DVDs that badly, but who knows, maybe one day I’m going to need the current “bonus” item too…

Signature 

do your research before blaming 3Delight for shortcomings of your renders

dA gallery link in profile along with anything else you may need to know about me

my thread with freebies

Posted: 29 March 2013 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8513
Joined  2007-11-06
Mustakettu85 - 29 March 2013 11:40 AM

I can’t even figure how those “bonus” items are supposed to work - I was purchasing a fast grab item today and tried adding the DVDs that appear at the top of the “freebie” list to the cart - but it didn’t show up as free. What could I be doing wrong? Not that I want those DVDs that badly, but who knows, maybe one day I’m going to need the current “bonus” item too…

It won’t show up in the Quick Cart—from the Quick Cart click on “Go to Shopping Cart” and see if the discount shows up there.

Signature 

PostgreSQL CMS FAQ

Product Updates: Non-Genesis/G2 DIM Zips starting July 2013
Non-Genesis Items with Metadata
Plugin Version Numbers for DS 4.5
Updated Genesis Products

Posted: 05 April 2013 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2005-11-30

What’s happened to the Daz Weekly Freebie? ohh

I keep seeing things being advertised as FREE in the news letters and things like Hot Promotions >

shows this http://www.daz3d.com/technopolis/ as being free…but when you click on the actual product…it’s not?

red face  What’s going on?

Si grrr

Gee, really Daz? The Weekly Freebie was like the worm on the hook, it’s gets the customer to browse and spot stuff they’d buy along with the Freebie. Forcing people to buy something first so they get a Freebie is more likely to make people say, oh I can do without and wander by.  That’s basic common sense.

You should probably stop advertising things for FREE which aren’t…as that is false advertising. (Bad business ethics)  You could label them as SPECIALS to let folks know they can get them for free with a purchase or if they are PC members.

OR even better, you could reverse this terrible decision and become COOL again. grin

Si LOL < hopeful ain’t I…sheeh!

Posted: 06 April 2013 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  152
Joined  2003-10-09

Whilst I understand some of the reasoning behind the change in the obtaining of ‘Freebies’ (I have been guilty in the past of just picking up the weekly freebie without actually buying anything for months at a time), it has had the effect of reducing the number of purchases made & saving me money.

I no longer impulse buy - If I see something I want, I check to see what the ‘free’ product is. If I don’t like it, or can’t think of a use for it, I then wait to see what the next ‘free’ product is.

This gives me a cooling off period to re-evaluate if I actually needed the original product. By the time a ‘freebie’ that I want turns up, I find that the original product is not needed, not on sale anymore or something else has caught my eye.

Signature 

My Gallery: http://aldemps.deviantart.com/

Posted: 06 April 2013 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  694
Joined  2003-10-09
Kyoto Kid - 01 February 2013 11:03 PM
Murgatroyd - 01 February 2013 06:36 PM

That’s not a “little” change.  That’s the single most effective thing DAZ could possibly do to discourage new users.  I can say for certain that if the freebies hadn’t actually been free two years ago, I wouldn’t be spending far too much of my money on 3D content now.

...if “freebies” required a cash money purchase of another product when I started in this, I probably wouldn’t have bothered with 3D at all.  For months I existed pretty much on freebie content as I evaluated whether or not this was something I would like to continue to the point of sinking my hard earned money into it.

This is not a good thing and I agree, a discouragement to newcomers.

Murgatroyd - 01 February 2013 06:36 PM

That’s not a “little” change.  That’s the single most effective thing DAZ could possibly do to discourage new users.  I can say for certain that if the freebies hadn’t actually been free two years ago, I wouldn’t be spending far too much of my money on 3D content now.

I agree.  We are being weaned from mother’s milk.  It’s been a long deliberate trend to eliminate the model freebies.  The effect though is to kill the incentives that brought and keep many of us here.  Perhaps the cutbacks are necessary to help DAZ survive, but in my humble opinion (oy!) this is just another nail in the coffin.  I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again.  The DAZ that we knew and loved is gone. :-(  Eaten by corporate mindset.  Now DAZ is just another bean in the pot, lorded over by bean counters.

Signature 

I’m sooo confused…  I’ve come to grasp a little of the nature of reality and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.  I even have an inkling as to who and what I am. Auuummmmm…
But please, please, who the hell are you?  And why are you trampling my roses?

Posted: 06 April 2013 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2005-11-30

Daz has had a Weekly Freebie since just after I joined in 2005. It was the mark that Daz was a cool company, that respected it’s customers, to give something of quality away for free with no underlying requirements.

Recently it’s been the only incentive to visit the store once a week to see if there is anything any good.  Sometimes you strike lucky and sometimes you don’t, but there was that consolation of getting the freebie which might be good for something someday.

Now my 99% favourite vendors are making Genesis stuff, which I don’t use, and if Daz gets their hands on those that still support Generation 4 figures…I’m essentially buggered. No incentive for me to come to Daz shopping.

Si mad

Posted: 06 April 2013 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  564
Joined  2007-02-16

*sigh* No more weekly freebies for me now. My membership officially ended March 12th (but their side told me I had paid another year even though I hadn’t)... somebody finally realized their error and I’m not a PC member as of today anymore… No more weekly or monthly freebie for me *sigh*

I’m very mad about the change as well. It was the main reason that I joined the site to begin with… to get those weekly freebies (and then I later became a PC member). I have absolutely no interest in buying from the store just to get a freebie, so I guess one I make my final purchases during the PA sale, I have no real reason to keep me here at Daz anymore and I may end up leaving, I don’t know yet. If the freebies hadn’t changed, it would be kept me here though….

Posted: 08 April 2013 02:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-02-14

I have also noticed that the regular newsletter freebie has become free with purchase, but the free to platinum members has been there a while.  If this trend continues and becomes permanent I might just have to cancel my subscription to the newsletter.  Sure I enjoyed seeing whats new, but I am so poor these days that the only times i get models of any worth are the free ones.  I do purchase from time to time when I do have the money and see something I just have to have but these days spare funds are getting rare.

Please bring back the newsletter freebie, PLEASE.

Posted: 11 April 2013 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2006-12-10

I haven’t bought a single thing here since this place has changed so vastly & I probably won’t buy much of anything here anymore.  It’s a shameful thing & bad business.  If I did this stuff to my customers I’d be out of business in a month. The change isn’t one for the better I’m afraid.  You’ve lost the respect of your client base & that’s going to hurt you in the long run. 
Sorry to say, I won’t be spending much time or money here anymore.  I think I visited over 2 months ago & don’t come around here much anymore.  The only thing I see is corporate greed & that’s what screwed this country up in the first place.
I have absolutely no need for Genesis nor will I invest my money in a company that acts this way.  :(  It’s a sad day.

8 of 8