Digital Art Zone

So… will we ever see Genesis with a morphing beard?  The morphing beard?...
Posted: 07 June 2012 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  331
Joined  2011-01-22

Along with the other z-brush fibermesh items that were set to release?

I keep waiting patiently and nothing’s come up after almost a month of patient twiddling :(

Posted: 07 June 2012 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2007-03-03

Rather have dynamic hair…which I understand is coming down the pipe.

Signature 

-Kodiak3d

“I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me, or am I even in its mind at all?”
- “Crystal Ball” by Styx

Posted: 07 June 2012 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22
Kodiak3D - 07 June 2012 06:25 AM

Rather have dynamic hair…which I understand is coming down the pipe.

Dynamic hair only moves around though, whereas the beards would be infinitely useful in terms of creating unique characters smile

Posted: 07 June 2012 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  321
Joined  2004-09-07

Even though a small real hair beard package came out, I’m waiting for Mech4D’s beard and hair package… it’ll be worth the wait!

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 07 June 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22
Mercedesk - 07 June 2012 08:52 AM

Even though a small real hair beard package came out, I’m waiting for Mech4D’s beard and hair package… it’ll be worth the wait!

Yeah, exactly.  But I thought it was submitted like 3 weeks ago, or almost a month confused

The other beard items are ok, but I’d like the real deal.

(btw, these smileys are a bit exagerrated.  Lol…)

Posted: 07 June 2012 09:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4789
Joined  2011-10-04

Alessandro’s “Look At My Hair” is surely going to blow those things out of water. wink

Seriously, check his thread.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 07 June 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3479
Joined  2009-08-05
Skiriki - 07 June 2012 09:54 AM

Alessandro’s “Look At My Hair” is surely going to blow those things out of water. wink

The question is how well does the hair in this system cope with Genesis when adding a different morph? Do the hairs break or clump if an extreme shape is dialled up?  I would like hair done on a basic genesis shape and dialled up into an extreme one and see how the hair reacts. That is the main selling point for me. So far, fibremesh does a fantastic job with this.

Signature 

My Daz Store
My Rendo Store

Posted: 07 June 2012 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

I think you should ask him in that thread. I can’t answer that.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22

Alessandro’s “Look At My Hair” is surely going to blow those things out of water.

The hair looks fantastic, and that would definitely bring mammalian creatures to life.  Specifically my big cats smile... But Cath’s hair is more tailored for humanoids, so they’re technically if they were available I’d have to get both.

Actually if the humanoid were a cat person, I’d have to go with Allessandro’s first, but seeing as I’m currently making humans, I really need that beard currently sitting on the back-burner smile

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Well he did some hair experiments on humans too. smile The pictures are posted later in that thread. smile

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 07 June 2012 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  142
Joined  2010-02-05

So will Mech4’s beard/hair be similar in functionality to Actual Beard, just with more options? Or are they very different in their creation?

Posted: 07 June 2012 05:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  784
Joined  2006-06-12
ragaray - 07 June 2012 02:17 PM

So will Mech4’s beard/hair be similar in functionality to Actual Beard, just with more options? Or are they very different in their creation?

I would assume that both vendors opened genesis up in zbrush, subdivided it a couple of times, masked off an area and then clicked the grow hair button.  Both vendors then probably divided up the mesh zbrush made into different mat zones.  Both vendors then likely hid those zones one by one and then used the smooth brush to create shortening stubble morphs and the move or lengthen brushes to create growth morphs.

They loaded the original unmorphed beard into studio, studio rigged it for them, then they loaded in their various morph targets to shorten and lengthen their beards.

Signature 

My Daz Store
ShareCG Freebies

Posted: 09 June 2012 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2006-05-14
Joequick - 07 June 2012 05:57 PM

I would assume that both vendors opened genesis up in zbrush, subdivided it a couple of times, masked off an area and then clicked the grow hair button.  Both vendors then probably divided up the mesh zbrush made into different mat zones.  Both vendors then likely hid those zones one by one and then used the smooth brush to create shortening stubble morphs and the move or lengthen brushes to create growth morphs.

They loaded the original unmorphed beard into studio, studio rigged it for them, then they loaded in their various morph targets to shorten and lengthen their beards.

ohh  gee, when you put it that way, it sounds so simple….

(hey, smileys are finally working for me!)

Posted: 09 June 2012 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1319
Joined  2009-10-27
Zev0 - 07 June 2012 10:44 AM

The question is how well does the hair in this system cope with Genesis when adding a different morph? Do the hairs break or clump if an extreme shape is dialled up?  I would like hair done on a basic genesis shape and dialled up into an extreme one and see how the hair reacts. That is the main selling point for me. So far, fibremesh does a fantastic job with this.

Hi Zev0, so far I tested Genesis with several of the shapes available (also the Gorilla): hairs positions are recalculated properly. It will be interesting to see how the system behaves with other morphs users can come up with, but I believe my math calculations to compute new hair positions after a morph/shape is applied, are correct.

Signature 

Alessandro’s Store
Blog
LAMH FB

Posted: 12 June 2012 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-01-22
Joequick - 07 June 2012 05:57 PM

And regardless of the method, they looks pretty damn impressive.

I’ve been waiting for weeks for the beards to come out but apparently they’ve all but vanished.

Image Attachments
image_1_3385818.jpg
image_2_3385818.jpg
image_3_3385818.jpg