Digital Art Zone

14 of 15
►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄
Posted: 09 February 2014 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 196 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  662
Joined  2009-12-08

Wow man. This is the thread to end all threads.

Thanks for all the effort, I learned something about manipulating keyframes in the timeline (alt and ctrl keys).

Signature 

More 3D info and Pics at http://www.facebook.com/scififunk

Posted: 09 February 2014 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 197 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6417
Joined  2007-12-04

Glad it has been some help.
It’s been far too long since I’ve added new material, so I hope to get busy on that soon.
LOL… I always say that!

Quick Links Menu
Just a little tool I decided to add to help navigate this, and other threads

►    Carrara Walkthrough Main Index

►    Forum Help Links

►    Useful Links

►    Tutorials Index

►    Back to Table of Contents

Walkthrough is currently under heavy construction, please bear with me

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 09 February 2014 06:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 198 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12182
Joined  2007-11-06

...running into a small issue.  8.5 pro sees my Daz3D library fine, however when I load Genesis or a Gen5 character, the scale of the figure is incredibly tiny. and impossible to work with.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 09 February 2014 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 199 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5942
Joined  2006-08-27
Kyoto Kid - 09 February 2014 06:35 PM

...running into a small issue.  8.5 pro sees my Daz3D library fine, however when I load Genesis or a Gen5 character, the scale of the figure is incredibly tiny. and impossible to work with.

Most likely you’ve started a new scene at the large scale where the units of measure are in hundreds and thousands of feet and miles. Try starting with a medium scale scene. It is still easy to get the magnitude of a mountain range into a medium scene, but the working grid, camera and light avatars and camera movement are more DAZ/Poser scaled.

That being said, if your figure is six feet tall in a medium scene, it will still be six feet tall in a large scale scene, it will just look tiny in relation to the working grid and the lights and cameras. Want to feel like you have a giant? start a small scale scene and lod in you six foot figure and it will look like a giant in the working grid.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 09 February 2014 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  12182
Joined  2007-11-06

...that did it, thanks.

Also getting a lot of “not responding” messages when deleting items and then trying to click on menus which lock everything up. 

I’m running 8.5 Pro 64 bit on a, i7/ Win7 64 system with 12 G memory.  I shouldn’t be experiencing these hangups.

Signature 

...it’s five minutes to midnight…

I’d rather have a blue sky above me than a blue screen in front of me.

Posted: 09 February 2014 07:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5942
Joined  2006-08-27
Kyoto Kid - 09 February 2014 07:13 PM

...that did it, thanks.

Also getting a lot of “not responding” messages when deleting items and then trying to click on menus which lock everything up. 

I’m running 8.5 Pro 64 bit on a, i7/ Win7 64 system with 12 G memory.  I shouldn’t be experiencing these hangups.

Can’t hep with that I’m afraid. I’m on a Mac with C7.2 Pro.

Signature 

I find it somewhat liberating not to be encumbered by accuracy.

Posted: 02 March 2014 09:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  0
Jay_NOLA - 01 April 2013 01:33 PM

Mark DesMarais

Made the Shoestring Shaders that were sold in the DAZ Store and are sold on the Shoestring Graphics Website.

The Shoestring Graphics website has several tutorials and downloads links for the newest version.

The Shoestring Graphics Website is at:

ShoestringGraphics

Q:I purchased these from the DAZ store will my serial for them work with the newest version I download from the ShoeSting Graphics Website?

A:: Yes.

Q: Does a Carrarra 8 version exist for them?  The ones I purchased from the DAZ Store didn’t have a Carrara 8 version included of them.

A: Yes, an alpha version of them is out that works in Carrara 8.  The alpha Carrara 8 version can be download at no cost from the ShoeString Graphics Website.  They use the same serial key (password) as the previous versions.

Know this portion of the post is a bit old but reinstalling Carrara 8 to give it another chance and I purchased the Shoestring Shaders here on DAZ but when I got them I did not get a serial number or password and I did look back under my list of serial numbers on my account and nothing. I got the alpha version from Shoestring Graphics website and it does ask me for a password but have none to supply any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_14.png

Posted: 02 March 2014 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

I think you might need to Submit a Help Request on that one. Hmmm… it might actually be in your account, though. I recall thinking that I didn’t have on e once, but I actually did - I had to show more of the list, when at first I didn’t know that the list went on. Try looking again (your account S/N) and seeing if there’s a second page to what you have.
Otherwise I’m sure that Customer Service can get you up and running.

Signature 

Dartanbeck @ Daz3d          Check out the Carrara Cafe          ►►►  Carrara Information Manual   ◄◄◄

Posted: 02 March 2014 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  273
Joined  2006-05-09
3dnewbie3433 - 02 March 2014 09:31 PM

Know this portion of the post is a bit old but reinstalling Carrara 8 to give it another chance and I purchased the Shoestring Shaders here on DAZ but when I got them I did not get a serial number or password and I did look back under my list of serial numbers on my account and nothing. I got the alpha version from Shoestring Graphics website and it does ask me for a password but have none to supply any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Look in your readme file for shoestring in your carrara directory (when you installed the shader).  its in there.

Signature 

Carrara Cafe

Posted: 03 March 2014 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  0
-_Milo_- - 02 March 2014 11:18 PM
3dnewbie3433 - 02 March 2014 09:31 PM

Thank you in advance

Look in your readme file for shoestring in your carrara directory (when you installed the shader).  its in there.

Thank you seems it was in a another zip file that when i purchased had not downloaded thank you for your help

Signature 

http://www.daz3d.com/media/3d/badges/images/badges/badge_14.png

Posted: 07 April 2014 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2003-10-09

Thanks for all your great work here man.
You did make me spend more money : I bought the advanced course for C8, thinking that if the manual of 7 is good enough, everything in this course will still work, and if there are some changes, I’ll tackle them on the way.

Although I will have to reinstall my old Cinema4D ( version 7 or 8, can’t remember, I had to stop due to a rather serious burn-out) to export all my .c4D files as .obj, Carrara is my choice. The renderer is fast and quite capable. There may be limits, but these can also be tackled when met.

Let’s hope Daz keeps on developing their products!
And that your enthusiasm keeps on motivating you to shere all this wonder here!

Posted: 09 April 2014 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Thanks for the compliments, Erik! The pleasure is all mine!
I have to admit that I’m not sorry that I convinced you to buy that course, as I think that you’ll get a lot more than what you’ve paid back out of it.

TIP: Go to the files that the course came in and copy the working files into your browser where they’re handy. As you work on more and more ways to figure stuff out, you’ll remember an episode from that training, and finding the working files is pure gold! The working files content, alone, is worth the price. But Phil’s lessons are yours to keep. I go back and watch them often.

I’ve never tried C4D. Once I’ve found Carrara Pro, the search for animation modeling software ended for me wink
I stumbled upon Project Dogwaffle Pro: Howler, here in the DAZ store, and am finding it to be the perfect companion to Carrara, for getting even more from this render engine. Now the idea of limits seems almost irrelevant and nonexistent to me!

Hey… thanks again, man… it’s a lot of fun doing this stuff.

Signature 

Posted: 24 April 2014 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Did a quite a bit of updating on the Forum Help Links
Since the list is intended to grow, I’ll try and come back soon and try to further organize them so that specific issues are easier to find, but it’s still a LOT easier than exhausting one’s self flipping one page at a time wink

Also, there was already a spot that I made for Genesis and DIM related threads, so I moved a bunch of those into that index, and linked the two together. There’s still a lot more to do, a lot more links to add.

As always, if you have any threads that you know of that are not in there yet, that you feel should be included, let me know.

Image Attachments
VanCrashHS2.gif
 Signature 

Posted: 25 April 2014 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 209 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  273
Joined  2006-05-09

Sweeeet animated GIF

Signature 

Carrara Cafe

Posted: 25 April 2014 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 210 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04
-_Milo_- - 25 April 2014 01:43 PM

Sweeeet animated GIF

Thank you smile

Image Attachments
DR_BackHug1h_0000.gif
 Signature 

14 of 15