Digital Art Zone

9 of 10
Bot for Genesis problems
Posted: 14 June 2013 12:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 121 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1113
Joined  2010-11-30

Had no trouble getting BotGen_All to load after updating to 1.3.  I did get a crash when I went to apply some other things.

Did some testing like I did before and it is looking like it is a 4.6 problem as 4.5 on an older computer isn’t having those problems with 1.3.

Will post more if I learn anything new.

Posted: 15 June 2013 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 122 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5713
Joined  2006-02-20

For some the solution to the hand problem was to install the newer Genesis essentials 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.13_trx.exe

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 24 June 2013 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 123 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  961
Joined  2006-02-27

Bot For Genesis is my favorite purchase from the store, I absolutely love it. I have one tiny little issue that I can’t seem to resolve. The seams on the right elbow are not matching up for some reason. I would appreciate what ever help I can get on it.

thanks.

Image Attachments
no_luck.png

Posted: 04 July 2013 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 124 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  134
Joined  2010-11-26

I get this too, when I use a V5 skin.  It works fine for me with V4 skins.

JohnDelaquiox - 24 June 2013 07:00 PM

Bot For Genesis is my favorite purchase from the store, I absolutely love it. I have one tiny little issue that I can’t seem to resolve. The seams on the right elbow are not matching up for some reason. I would appreciate what ever help I can get on it.

thanks.

Posted: 04 July 2013 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 125 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2006-04-15

Bot for genesis uses the V4 uv map. V5 textures will not work properly with it.

Posted: 19 July 2013 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 126 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2012-08-25

Hi,
DAZ3D-beginner here ...

Love this little bot, but how do I make the metal surface to show up correctly?
Using 4.6 and re-downloaded and re-installed BotGen. Had the same problems in 4.5, though.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Sam

Image Attachments
bot-test.png

Posted: 19 July 2013 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 127 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-26

Looks like you are using the QuickMat…try using the BaseMat.

Image Attachments
bot.jpg

Posted: 19 July 2013 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 128 ]
Joined  2012-08-25

Alken, thanks!

I did not even register that there were alternatives…
thanks for pointing it out to me.

Still trying to find my way around. Thanks for the help!

Sam

Posted: 19 July 2013 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 129 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-26

Anytime!

Posted: 22 July 2013 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 130 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2009-09-25
jakiblue - 07 March 2013 03:59 AM

alright I’m definitely missing something here.

How do you apply the silver to the whole body? Or just to an arm?

Tell you what I did.

I selected The Genesis Figure in the Scene Tab and went to Bot Genesis in the Smart Content Tab.  With these selected, I double clicked on Bot Gen Base Mat.  This worked for me.

The Genesis figures were, for the girl, Basic Female Actor, and 30% Anastacia A5, and 50% Victoria 5.  The man is Michael 5 Heroic.

Hope this helps.

Image Attachments
Cobalt_Cyana_Front_View.jpgAzure_Cyana_Front_View.jpg

Posted: 22 July 2013 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 131 ]
Joined  2009-09-25
Geminii23 - 01 February 2013 11:31 AM

Thank you for these tips.  So that definitely allowed me to skin the figure properly.  Now I just need to experiment with some of the other figure types.  I would like to be able to make different types of bots using the many V5/M5 types that I have.

Here is a sample render

Thanks for that.

I had the same problem with two of my characters.

With the first one, I applied the Amy Elite V4 Texture.  With the second one, based on Keira for Stephanie 5, I used her Keira Texture.  This worked.  I tried the Marie face 01, but this did not work.  The colour cam out too dark.

Hoe I’m not rabbiting on and hope this proves useful to you.

Posted: 22 July 2013 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 132 ]
Joined  2012-08-25

Thanks for the information, it worked beautifully.
Sorry I’m just replying now, but I had a problem loggin into the forum the last days.

The silver is on the bot. BUT ... now the figure looks facetted. Not smoothly curved. Regardless of if it is rendered or not rendered.
I THINK I just applied the BaseMat and did not change any other settings. But this looks like some user error on my part, something to go easy on the system.

Anybody has any idea how I can get this to show up as supposed?
(I hope I am not causing any eyes to roll ...)

Sam

(By the way, in the screenshot, what you see is a partially rendered image, just to show you the rendered/non rendered comparison in the face and the facettes showing - there is also some nomals-problem going on under the chin, but that does not show in the rendered image, so I do not worry about it)

Image Attachments
Screen_Shot_2013-07-19_at_21.45_.04_.png

Posted: 23 July 2013 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 133 ]
Joined  2009-09-25

I think it’s all right, but check with some of the other people here.

Bot Genesis always looks grey in the unrendered pics.  As to the facetted look, I think that is normal.  but don’t quote me on that.  Ask the other people here.  They’re a knowledgeable company, and should be able to help you.  Hope this helps.

Posted: 08 August 2013 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 134 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-09-24
Parris - 07 June 2013 01:45 PM
Herakleia - 07 June 2013 03:59 AM

I’m having the same issue - with the finger joints outside - in DAZ 4.6.0.18. I’m using the old hands, and it works partly, save for the left thumb, see here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/23254/

At this point, I’m inclined to think that “mech bones outside the hands with morphs applied” in DAZ Studio has a very different cause than the similar looking issue in Poser. DS users need to be certain they are not using some combination of the old and new files for Bot Genesis. That’s why I’m recommending uninstalling the old and making sure you don’t have something lurking in the auto_adapted folder or elsewhere before installing the new version.

I understand that you guys are remedying the issue by using the old data assets and Wearables, which is fine. But I think this is an isolated issue for a few, and I don’t think I can fix the problem if I can’t experience it. If Herakleia or JohnDelaquiox or someone else who is having this problem in DAZ Studio would be willing to work from a fresh install of the updated Bot Genesis and create a common ground for testing with me than we maybe able to find the cause so others don’t have to struggle. I already have another update (minor) in the works and would add a fix to that if needed.

Starting with a fresh Genesis and installing the bot left hand did work- looks good in working layout and render. When I applied V5 Actor the mech bones popped out. I’m continuing to read this thread and have another here that I just added to (has screen caps of an earlier issue): http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/23254/

Signature 

My Store
My Gallery
A captain’s goal was simple: find a crew, find a job… keep flying.
-Firefly

Posted: 08 August 2013 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 135 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-11-26

I had the same problem until I updated the Genesis Starter Essentials via the DAZ Install Manager. Now the robot hands look perfect in any morph in DS 4.6.

9 of 10