Digital Art Zone

3 of 3
Is there a Blender node in Shader Mixer? Answer: the Mix brick
Posted: 06 February 2013 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  443
Joined  2007-09-01

Hmmm… I’m sure it must be something really simple since your network looks fine - well, at least you’re not making any of the stupid mistakes I usually do, like using an Image Alpha output for a JPG! rolleyes

The only thing I can think of now is the mask image itself -  tc11SkirtGreenVelvet.jpg. You’re not using shades of grey in it are you? There’ll be some grey patches around the boundaries between the velvet/patterned ares due to the JPG compression for sure, but that shouldn’t cause what you’re seeing. If your using greys that’ll be the problem. If not, and you’re using just black (0,0,0) and white (255,255,255) then I’m at a loss…

Signature 

Website: UnrealImperfect | Freebies: Renderosity, ShareCG | ‘Art’: DeviantArt | Blog: Blogger
(aka Pete Williams)

Posted: 06 February 2013 06:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6592
Joined  2006-02-20

No - it is absolutely black and white ... apart from jpg compression at the border. The border is black, the rest is white.

P.S. if you look at the first page: I did use the Image alpha output first. LOL

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?
Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki: https://poserdazfreebies.orain.org

Posted: 05 July 2013 12:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2327
Joined  2005-09-05
Pendraia - 29 January 2013 03:30 AM
Kerya - 29 January 2013 02:17 AM

Thank you Bejaymac!
I was tired when I tried that.
(Note to myself: don’t dare the shadermixer when you are tired!)

I want two different Bumps - I just imported the shader from the existing texture and thought I can split from there.
A noise map at the bottom of the skirt to get a velvet effect hemline and “normal” cloth bump map for the rest.

OK, and specular will get two different settings too (if I succeed) a velvet node for the hemline and normal for the rest.

Pendraia: you lost me. Looks great, but I really can’t visualize what you did to get those effects it. LOL

Sorry I lost you…I’ll try and post the network this weekend. Won’t get time before that as I started back at work today.

I just realised I never got back to this thread. So sorry about that I stopped getting notifications only found it again when someone posted a link. I’m on holidays at the moment so I’ll try and get around to posting the networks during the next week.

Signature 

Shadermixer tutorials and recipes
My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 05 July 2013 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

No problem - I got distracted too. After I solved my problem of the Skirt and Top looking different - don’t ask me how, I forgot - I put the whole thing in a folder and was happy. Maybe I should take it up again, I just have to make some promo pictures. LOL

But as I got PP2014 now and want to install it and play with it ... too much fun, not enough time.

Signature 

I like Bryce, DazStudio, Poser and Vue ... in alphabetical order. And I would probably like Carrara too, if I could find the time to become acquainted with it. Peace?

Posted: 05 July 2013 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Kerya - 05 July 2013 01:03 AM

No problem - I got distracted too. After I solved my problem of the Skirt and Top looking different - don’t ask me how, I forgot - I put the whole thing in a folder and was happy. Maybe I should take it up again, I just have to make some promo pictures. LOL

But as I got PP2014 now and want to install it and play with it ... too much fun, not enough time.

Lol I wish that was my problem. Mine is more too much work…

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery
Shadermixer Documents

Posted: 05 July 2013 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-20

That too - but work doesn’t sound as nice. wink

Signature 

Posted: 05 July 2013 02:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-09-05
Kerya - 05 July 2013 02:33 AM

That too - but work doesn’t sound as nice. wink

lol…you’re right there!

Signature 

My ShareCG Gallery