Digital Art Zone

pwSurface
Posted: 27 January 2013 09:13 AM   [ Ignore ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1426
Joined  0

I purchased pwSurface in ‘07 if I reset my download do I get pwSurface2?  Or is that a different product and I have to repurchase?

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 27 January 2013 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6773
Joined  2005-08-15

I would imagine that it is a different product, but why not try it and see.  You will be able to tell by the name of the download file what version number it is.

Posted: 27 January 2013 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

I reset the link and this is what I have for a file pwSurface - 4184_5_ds_pwSurface_5.exe - pc…when I did a search for the product it only came up with pwSurface2 and a bundle.

Signature 

“If you get a chance….Take it!  If it changes your life….Let it!.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.”

Posted: 27 January 2013 01:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14830
Joined  2003-10-09

Yes, pwSurface 2 is a new product. The original pwSurface has not been updated to work in recent versions of DS. I think there was an upgrade version or discount, but I’m not sure if it’s still available.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 27 January 2013 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6773
Joined  2005-08-15

Yes, I bought it recently (PWS2) and the file I downloaded was 8258_pwSurface2_1.2_ds.exe, so, a diferent product as Richard says.  I think it was during one of the sales last year, and it was discounted.  I think previous owners of pwsurface original go a larger discount, but you could ask Support to see what they can do for you.

Posted: 27 January 2013 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  0

Ok thanks for your help smile

Signature