Digital Art Zone

2 of 2
A Possible Quick Fix for Genesis Figure/Content Not Showing Up in Daz Studio Pro 4.5
Posted: 27 January 2013 09:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1323
Joined  2004-06-13

Mercedesk, your problem with CMS is most likely caused by your antivirus, Avast.  CMS is often seen as a possible treat by a lot of antivirus, anti-malware and anti-spyware programs.  Even having Windows own firewall security setting set to high can cause problems.  I personally hate CMS, it is another poorly thought out and executed noobie friendly gimmick.  DAZ either needs to fix it or drop it, and I am one of the ‘99%’ that can get it to work but still hate it.

Signature 

Push buttons, see what happens!

Posted: 30 January 2013 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  236
Joined  2010-09-24
mjc1016 - 27 January 2013 07:14 AM
Mercedesk - 27 January 2013 06:59 AM

Soooo, hopefully - at some point MAYBE the daz studio techs will figure out how to make that wonderful idea… actually WORK on the common everyday computer like my own.

Sorry.  Not going to happen…ever.

There is something unique about your computer that well over 99% of the rest of us don’t have, so unless you are willing to send your computer off to DAZ for them to play with, it’s not going to happen.

Guess they’d better be prepared to receive my three computers as well. I’m in the same boat with the Stupid Tab….

Posted: 30 January 2013 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2010-02-28

I’m actually not buying this whole “it’s your system/av/whatever” excuse that I see alot. 99% certain it is down to this version of Daz. I still have 4.0 on a seperate partition, which to my knowledge, uses the CMS too. Funny thing is, whenever I use 4.0 there is none of this CMS crap at all, infact I’m not even touching 4.5 at the moment and have reverted back to 4.0… had no problems whatsoever so far, so not believing that it is down to my system sorry.

Posted: 30 January 2013 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-01-24

I think it takes some time getting used to the engine. I am a newbie to this, but sitting down and experimenting helps me learn every time.
Its a tough call to make when it comes to an easier interface. It does get tricky with those tabs. Curious how much more they’ll keep adding to this system.

Posted: 30 January 2013 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  325
Joined  2004-09-07
Drybonez - 30 January 2013 03:16 PM

I’m actually not buying this whole “it’s your system/av/whatever” excuse that I see alot. 99% certain it is down to this version of Daz. I still have 4.0 on a seperate partition, which to my knowledge, uses the CMS too. Funny thing is, whenever I use 4.0 there is none of this CMS crap at all, infact I’m not even touching 4.5 at the moment and have reverted back to 4.0… had no problems whatsoever so far, so not believing that it is down to my system sorry.

Exactly, I should have gone back to 4.0 - no problem with CMS with that version, it worked perfectly. But this 4.5 - no way! I’m with you.

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 30 January 2013 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5183
Joined  2012-04-07

Well that might be part of the problem. We’ve been told that it’s not possible to have both editions on the same computer. A handful of people have some workaround which involves external harddrives if I recall correctly. The CMS for 4.0 and 4.5 is different. Both editions of that will not work correctly on 1 computer.

Signature 

For those out of the news loop, 2 Suns.

Posted: 31 January 2013 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  325
Joined  2004-09-07

I’m actually not buying this whole “it’s your system/av/whatever” excuse that I see alot. 99% certain it is down to this version of Daz. I still have 4.0 ....... at the moment and have reverted back to 4.0… had no problems whatsoever so far, so not believing that it is down to my system sorry.

Which version of 4.0 do you have in? I’m tempted to go back to that… however, IF I do, does that mean that any images I made with 4.5 won’t open or work?

Signature 

Mercedes Keyes
Amber Swann Publishing Inc.
Facebook
Published Novels
DeviantArt
3D Graphics Art Community - Google+ Join me there

Posted: 31 January 2013 05:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2003-10-09

It seems, as if
insisting that DS 4.5.x, the CMS, Genesis and Smart Content are “bad”, useless, stupid, unstable, etc. etc. “in General”
doesn’t help much, right?

There are people, having trouble to get everything running, and there are others.
There are people not seeing the benefit of Smart Content, and there are others.
There are people willing/having the time to invest to get it running, and there are others.
(Well, i’m one of these “others”! wink )

I have DS 4.5.1.56 with Genesis and CMS running on:

Win XP (32-Bit) on my Laptop (1Ghz Centrino, 1Gig Ram, Ati Mobility GFX)
All works fine. Well, of course rendering is no fun on this oldie. wink

Win 7 (32 Bit) (2,5 Ghz Dual Core, 2 Gig Ram, GForce GFX)
All works fine.

Both System have Avira I-Net Security Suit 2013 Running.
At first Start Avira asked if DS and CMS may communicate via certain ports.
After agreeing, Smart Content works as it should!

Win 8 Pro (64-Bit) (8 Core 3,6, 8 Gig Ram, GFroce GFX)  All works SUPER fine. wink
This machine has Kaspersky Pure 2.0 running, no problem with DS communicating via Port
So, all works fine, too.

Maybe i’m blessed?
Maybe it’s just Luck?

I don’t know.

I just can say: DS 4.5, CMS and Smart Content are running as intended on 3 different PC’s without any trouble.
And i’m no Prgogrammer, Script-Guru or anything like that!!!!

I love Smart Content.
With DB Editor i already made some of the “old” Gen 4 Clothes and it’s textures showing up in Smart Content.
It’s not too diffiucult. wink

But that’s what non-swimmers always hear from swimmers, right? wink

I have no clue why it’s not running on some of your systems.
And i respect people who don’t need / see any benefit in CMS/Smart Content.

I just wanted to show ... there are different pov’s and all are “right”, right?

Generalizing is ... rarely a helfpful state of mind

Signature 

=================================================
AMD® FX-8320 (8x 3,5 GHz) Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 8 GB Ram
GTX 670 - 2GB, Win8 64-bit
C4D Studio15
Vue Infinite 11.5
Ds Pro 4.6 + Beta Win 64
Octane Render Standalone V1.20 + DS Plugin: Current, Beta & Alpha
PP2014 SR 2.2 (10.0.2.25578)

2 of 2