Digital Art Zone

6 of 15
Fix the Browser issue of seeing someone elses name
Posted: 08 June 2012 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11

Yes, found that thread.  Added a couple more items ($1.99 for PC members) to the cart.  Thanks for the link!  grin  Funny thing, folks complain about the PC issues but you know, as long as there are items that are normally $15.00 going for $1.99, that’s savings enough for me.  If I get a gift certificate or coupon that’s a bonus as far as I’m concerned.  The male outfit looks strangely like something Adam Lambert would wear and in fact the face morph looks ALLOT like Adam!  lol

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 08 June 2012 10:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  261
Joined  2008-07-07
Skiriki - 07 June 2012 12:40 AM

Hmm, it also occurs to me—do people use (their ISP’s) proxies in general? Because I don’t, I pretty much never use a proxy if I can help it, especially when doing content-loading (too many chances to get it fouled up and unable to get it refreshed).

At home, my ISP doesn’t give much choice about proxies. They’re engaged in actively forging reset packets, they perform what would be called injection attacks on websites by any sane party to slam a banner on the top of other peoples websites instead of using the damn phone if they need to send me a message, and they force all traffic through their own proxy before going out onto the internet, and they hijack URL requests not found in their own DNS server to their own advertising page. I thought wild domain parking was bad, but this is seriously stupid, and means firefox keeps thinking my typos are real locations.

If you can’t tell, I hate them with a burning passion but don’t have any other options at my current location.

I use MITs DNS servers which at least bypasses the DNS-error-hijack but I’m seriously considering using TOR just to get around their regular web-surfing garbage…

I strongly suspect they’ve cached some garbage pages… but my work doesn’t go through the same ISP and I’m having the same problems here.

Signature 

DAZ Published Artist

View my DAZ3D product store!

Posted: 08 June 2012 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1787
Joined  2005-06-08
RAMWolff - 08 June 2012 10:28 AM

. . . Funny thing, folks complain about the PC issues but you know, as long as there are items that are normally $15.00 going for $1.99, that’s savings enough for me.  If I get a gift certificate or coupon that’s a bonus as far as I’m concerned . . .

As far as I’m concerned the PlatClub voucher is one of the things DAZ agreed to provide in exchange for the annual membership fee that I paid them, and getting what I’ve paid for is not a bonus.  I’m willing to accept a close equivalent for technical reasons, but it’d have to be a genuinely close equivalent, not a kinda-sorta it’s-just-as-good-really-cross-our-hearts switcharoo.

Signature 

~

Hat-wearing member of the Bald Wizards Club

Eyebrow-Free Face Textures — A List

Posted: 08 June 2012 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

I understand your reasoning KickAir…. I’m just happy about the deep discounts on store items.  I’m sure the rest will be worked out…. “SOON”  *runs* raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 08 June 2012 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
RAMWolff - 08 June 2012 11:00 AM

I understand your reasoning KickAir…. I’m just happy about the deep discounts on store items.  I’m sure the rest will be worked out…. “SOON”  *runs* raspberry

ACK!  The “s” word!  :: twitch! ::

I’m happy about $1.99 useful’n'fun-for-me content too, otherwise I wouldn’t've joined!  But I don’t think that the non-PlatClub prices on these products reflect their actual value to the customer base, so I’m not grateful for discounts that are (IMHO) not really as deep as shown.  Also, the PlatClub usually breaks up into two (and sometimes more) pieces things that would otherwise be a single product.  It’s a bargain, yes, and one I recommend, but only so long as it provides good value for the money we spend.  Too much whittling away at what we’re paying for and it won’t anymore.

Signature 

~

Posted: 08 June 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Well as this process goes on and on we will all reach moments where we want to throw our hands up and walk away.  Some will… I’m sure even some folks behind the scenes are going home in tears and frustration… imagine our sweet gals manning the phones, I truly feel for them and all the complaints they have to field every day.  I’d rather rant and rave here so they don’t have to hear me yell… I’m a Capricorn, I yell very loudly!  lol I’m sure it will all be cleared up in a year or so just in time for them to introduce another better web site with all the bells and whistles broken.. I mean working!  *twitch twitch*  raspberry

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 08 June 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-08
RAMWolff - 08 June 2012 11:55 AM

Well as this process goes on and on we will all reach moments where we want to throw our hands up and walk away.  Some will… I’m sure even some folks behind the scenes are going home in tears and frustration… imagine our sweet gals manning the phones, I truly feel for them and all the complaints they have to field every day.  I’d rather rant and rave here so they don’t have to hear me yell… I’m a Capricorn, I yell very loudly!  lol I’m sure it will all be cleared up in a year or so just in time for them to introduce another better web site with all the bells and whistles broken.. I mean working!  *twitch twitch*  raspberry

Yeah, it’s gotta be horrible for them!  I’m sure they’d've much rather have had a flawlessly smooth change-over instead of this slow-motion will-it-ever-end train-wreck.  Looks like they’re doing a great job of coping with the fall-out, no matter how much we’d all like to see more fixing done so there’s less coping needed.

Signature 

~

Posted: 08 June 2012 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2004-06-12

It’s not all bad, especially if you’re a single male like me.

I’ve been watching the product page for Victoria 4, and every so often it gets replaced by a real woman.  It’s a different woman every time, but you have to be quick.  The only problem is that the quantity part is fixed at 1, so unfortunately, you can only stick one woman in your basket at a time before you check out.  So far I’ve managed to buy four girls from Albania, two from Spain, four from India, six from Thailand, two from Hong Kong, and even one from Japan.

All transactions were at a cost of $0 but it’s gonna cost me an absolute fortune in airfares to receive them (real women cannot be added to your downloads section).  Please bear this in mind if you decide to do the same.

PS:  I would just like to point out to DAZ that if this turns out to be a trick and I don’t receive my girls, I’m putting a complaint in to DAZ support.

Posted: 08 June 2012 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2005-01-02

Still getting logged in as other ppl and their wishlists.  I don’t have a wishlist here, so mine should be ‘0’ items.  Again today I logged in with someone who had 1330 items.  Also, I am still being logged out when I go to different pages in the store at times.
When are we going to see our PC vouchers again?  It’s the 8th and the way the whole cart and checkout system is totally screwed, you can’t see any itemized list of discounts/vouchers or coupons being applied (or not), nor can you see what you even have, or are supposed to have so you can see if it’s missing!!  I don’t like this ‘blind’ checkout where all you see is a total and no other information is being given.  I don’t have that kind of trust.
And how the hell do you get carriage returns in the forum now instead of one long paragraph?  I added a couple periods just to get some space between my thoughts!!  Geez.

Posted: 08 June 2012 12:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  17044
Joined  2003-10-09

Carriage return   enter space enter   OK it’s long winded, but better than dots.

Signature 

Chohole’s Space        NeilV’s Freebies and stuff        Winter Bryce Rendering Challenge        December Freebie Challenge
My DAZ 3D Gallery    11915

Posted: 08 June 2012 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2004-06-12

I have the same problem, and all I do is hit Return twice.

Return = Next Line
Return X2 = Miss a line

Mind you, I’m using Chrome and don’t know if it would work the same with other browsers.

Posted: 08 June 2012 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15684
Joined  2003-10-09

It shouldn’t be browser-dependent.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

Posted: 08 June 2012 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-08-11

Pretty much the same in all browsers… this is the software .... something wasn’t turned on for allowing paragraph spaces with using the Enter key once so usually 2 X’s works just fine, it’s remembering to do it each time is all!

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

Posted: 08 June 2012 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2005-08-19
Fille123 - 08 June 2012 10:20 AM

Use this URL to see the newest items correctly: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases?dir=desc&order=activated&p=1

Thanks for providing the link, Fille123.  For some reason hitting the new releases option doesn’t work for me from the filters option.  The last thing I was getting was the Men of Character II.

I clicked on your link and was able to see all the new releases, an entire page of them plus one that was on the second page.

It’s obvious that this link:  http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases isn’t working because when I went back to the Shop tab and then clicked the new release filter, I again got the Men of Character II.

Click your link and I apparently get the correct version of the new releases.

Might I inquire where you found the link?

Posted: 08 June 2012 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  201
Joined  2006-08-24

Clearing my cache, deleting cookies and refreshing my browser hasn’t helped one bit…..I’ve tried this several times.  I’m still either seeing random people’s names or no name at all, random wishlists, random last items viewed etc.  The store and forums are now loading like a snail trying to crawl through molasses making it difficult for me to look for answers to these problems as well as any fixes for those of us unable to renew our monthly PC membership.

Signature 

6 of 15