4 of 15
Fix the Browser issue of seeing someone elses name
Posted: 07 June 2012 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4806
Joined  2011-10-04
Kendall Sears - 07 June 2012 04:21 AM

Does this behavior match what others are seeing?

This matches with my experience, yeah.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 07 June 2012 08:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2003-10-09

Same here. Every time I’ve come to Daz since the new website started. I used to visit daily but it’s been either slow loading times for the site, weirdness with the name thing, or other website issues (problems reported in the forums) that have cutting back visiting.

Posted: 07 June 2012 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2003-10-09

What I don’t understand is that the website update seems not to have been bug tested. At least not thoroughly bug tested.

Posted: 07 June 2012 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2005-10-21
Kendall Sears - 07 June 2012 04:21 AM

Just as a test, I brought up a Windows box onto the internet, which I normally don’t allow.  I’m only seeing the “Not xxxx” showing up when the machine is connected and I’m NOT logged in.  As soon as I’m logged in, everything is fine.  Even if I disconnect, and then reconnect within the timeout period, I don’t see anyone’s info but mine.  However, if I come in completely fresh, I see random names.  Does this behavior match what others are seeing?

Maybe that will help track this down.

Kendall

I am still seeing this on the home/shop page even after logging in.  I thought I had a ‘stable’ browsing session after I logged in then changed the viewing order to single listed item (which I don’t normally use but just thought I’d try), rather than grid, and was overjoyed to find that I stayed logged in as ‘me’ during several back and forth page changes.  However when I then tried (just for the hell of it) going back to the home page I got the ‘not xxxx’ again.  Again, hard refresh didn’t make any difference. 

Must say that the store seems a lot quicker and more consistent today though - managed to quickly search my order history and reset/download several items - a process which took far longer last week - for instance. smile

EDITED TO ADD:  Interesting - just found out that I can see Smileys again, but only when I’m logged out........ long face

Signature 

May I be excused? My brain is full….... tongue wink
My Renderosity store
My dA Gallery

Posted: 07 June 2012 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2004-06-12

I’ve had the same name come up multiple times even after clearing the cache.

Just now I found that my Wish List had four items in it even though I’ve never used a wishlist in my life.  But what really takes the biscuit was when I first started exploring the new system and discovered that my credit card had been stored despite ALWAYS telling the system DO NOT STORE whenever I made a purchase.

I sort of knew DAZ wouldn’t pull-off a smooth bug free transition with the forums, and as such, I was extra vigilant to make sure that I ticked the box NOT to store my card details.  Didn’t want my details getting stored somewhere and left in limbo because of the changeover, the only time I ever let it store my details was for the PC once, but I ended that years ago and every purchase since it has been told not to store my card details.

The card should not have been listed.

I’ve never had any security problems with my card during my entire time of owning one because I’m vigilant and sensible with it, and not using systems that store the data is all part of being vigilant and sensible.  I sincerely hope that whatever backups you have of this mess is destroyed properly, meaning to a standard it is not recoverable.  I have of course removed the listed card from my account before it get’s stored in yet another backup of the system, but it was still listed during the changeover and that infuriates me, even moreso because of the problems its having.

Start deleting those backups, and please ensure it’s done properly.

Posted: 07 June 2012 10:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  157
Joined  2009-06-17

I get all of the same problems listed here. 

I’ve cleared my cache and cookies a dozen times - nothing.

But I cannot see any new items.

When I am NOT logged in I can see some of the new items, when I log in they disappear (the last new item listed is RawArt’s Oagre and Men of Character II - both of which I have bought). 

Signature 

My DeviantArt Gallery http://namrettek.deviantart.com/

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2005-07-23
DAZ_bfurner - 06 June 2012 12:10 PM

We are aware that many of you have seen in the DAZ Store another name than yours. If you happen to continue to see on our store, If you are not “Some Other Name”... The solution is to Clear your Cache and Cookies in your internet browser, then force a refresh on the page. The problem will now be taken care of and you should never see this again.

As a reminder: This has never given you access to others account data. Your account is and has always been safe.

I have done as you suggested. Logged back in and was greated as Hxxxxxx. So much for your Cache and Cookie clearing. Maybe DAZ should perform this action on their Servers. This is not a problem on our side. Just look at your store, cart, checkout, downloads,Wishlists, and forums. Isn’t this sending a very clear message to DAZ? Instead of getting better it is getting worse by the week. PleaseDAZ, clear your Cache and Cookies.

Posted: 07 June 2012 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2004-06-12

I just got logged out again, and when I logged in I had 96 items in my wishlist this time -  that’s 96!

*HINT*
Instead of doing that, I’d much prefer it if a copy of Carrara PRO at a price of $0 added itself to the basket and allow me to check out.
*HINT*

Posted: 07 June 2012 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4727
Joined  2004-08-11

Sick to death of this crap.  It took 12 times to get my log on to stick after trying every trick I’ve read here on DAZ forums.  FIX YOUR MESS DAZ… for F’s sake!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 07 June 2012 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7976
Joined  2006-03-19

Wow, that’s a bit ridicules. I know I just cleared all my cache and cookies to finally see my PC discount and it took me twice to log in.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Ravenwood Cemetery*****  

Posted: 07 June 2012 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2008-05-14

I still had the wrong name despite clearing cache & cookies. When logged in right now I don’t get a “Not XXX?” thing, but I have the wrong number of items listed for my wishlist as well as items I never wishlisted in the “last items added to wishlist” section at the right of the page. I haven’t been logged out so far, but am one of those whose PC membership didn’t get carried over in my store account (this has been reported).

Posted: 07 June 2012 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1359
Joined  2004-02-13

Posting to this to follow the topic.

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 07 June 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2005-07-23
pumeco - 07 June 2012 09:19 AM

I’ve had the same name come up multiple times even after clearing the cache.

Just now I found that my Wish List had four items in it even though I’ve never used a wishlist in my life.  But what really takes the biscuit was when I first started exploring the new system and discovered that my credit card had been stored despite ALWAYS telling the system DO NOT STORE whenever I made a purchase.

I sort of knew DAZ wouldn’t pull-off a smooth bug free transition with the forums, and as such, I was extra vigilant to make sure that I ticked the box NOT to store my card details.  Didn’t want my details getting stored somewhere and left in limbo because of the changeover, the only time I ever let it store my details was for the PC once, but I ended that years ago and every purchase since it has been told not to store my card details.

The card should not have been listed.

I’ve never had any security problems with my card during my entire time of owning one because I’m vigilant and sensible with it, and not using systems that store the data is all part of being vigilant and sensible.  I sincerely hope that whatever backups you have of this mess is destroyed properly, meaning to a standard it is not recoverable.  I have of course removed the listed card from my account before it get’s stored in yet another backup of the system, but it was still listed during the changeover and that infuriates me, even moreso because of the problems its having.

Start deleting those backups, and please ensure it’s done properly.

I have the same problem with my CC information. I have posted it numerous times in different forums but DAZ didn’t think I deserved an answer. I finally put in a Ticket and 2 days later I received the answer I expected from DAZ. This is what they do best. Blame it on the customer. It is like Amen in a prayer. The cure all evil “Delete Cache and Cookies. When I received this message again I was so furious that I didn’t look at the store or the Forums for more than a week.

Here it goes:
You will need to remove the CC Information from your Credit Card Profiles
section on your account page. Once you have removed this information you
will also need to clear your cache and cookies, so the information is not
saved in your computers memory. We have absolutely no access to your CC
information to use or remove. This has to be done from your end.

There was no CC info in the cache or cookies. Had it checked by an expert before deletion.
I was also told that my info is envrypted and 100% safe. DAZ has no way at getting to it. I am positive a good hacker can.

Posted: 07 June 2012 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1334
Joined  2011-09-13

Just an update, since I’ve been trying to watch where I see the problem.. at least for me, it’s been the same pages goofing up between today and yesterday: the DAZ homepage, the shop homepage, the Explore-Getting Started page, the Community page, the Contact Us page, and the Genesis-What Is Genesis page. While I was logged out, every page I tried except those six asked me if I was me with my correct name.  When I logged in, those six are the pages with either wrong information, or invisible information, while others appear to be showing my correct wishlist.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 07 June 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1334
Joined  2011-09-13

I’ll also add that early yesterday several store category pages (sales & promotions, people, new releases, 1.99 items, and creatures) were also showing the problem for me, and that on those pages when I re-sorted them, they righted to my information. They’ve remained correct so far today. Curious to see if that holds.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

4 of 15