Digital Art Zone

3 of 15
Fix the Browser issue of seeing someone elses name
Posted: 06 June 2012 06:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  650
Joined  2007-05-26

If I am not logged in and click on the Shop tab i will get somebody else’s name in the not..yada yada format. I just cleared all my cache and cookies less than a minute ago, closed the browser (Chrome) and reopened it went to daz and clicked on shop and it is still happening… Not a problem when I sign in… but for those anxious about their names being thrown around its still happening ... at least for me.

Signature 

If I want to be a fool then I will be a fool! That is my God given right as an American!

—- Jason from True Blood

Posted: 06 June 2012 07:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  353
Joined  2003-10-09

I’ll confirm too,  “not so and so” showing up still on main store page and goes away after log-in.

Wish list still borked too. On sales and promotion page shows 11 consistently, new releases shows 305, clothing shows 3, no matter how many times I change categories and go back to those pages. Maybe that’s a clue for the Daz gurus?

It’s not a big deal for me but maybe it will help track down the bugs.

And yes, cleared cache, cookies, rebooted browser and refreshed a bunch of times.

Hope it helps smile

Signature 

“Own the day”
Live, Love, Laugh, Dream, Believe  

Posted: 06 June 2012 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  228
Joined  2006-09-01

I want to beg everyone who posted somewhere on the forum the something-name of the “not something” (not of ill will, but to illustrate the problem) to edit their forum post and replace the real name with “xy” ore something else, because mentioning the name in some forum post is actually a worse security problem (in the long run) than seeing it for a while in the browser. Thank you!

Posted: 06 June 2012 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2004-03-28

This issue is not fixed.

I experienced it for the first time tonight. I’m sorry, but “xxxx” is not my name.

Posted: 06 June 2012 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7787
Joined  2006-03-19

Please do not post peoples names that you are logged in as.

Signature 

ARTCollaborations Store on DAZ3D    ARTCollaborations on Facebook

*****Forgotten Temple Ruins*****  

Posted: 06 June 2012 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  86
Joined  2004-03-28

Point is, this issue is not fixed and seems to be spreading.

Frank0314 - 06 June 2012 08:06 PM

Please do not post peoples names that you are logged in as.

Posted: 06 June 2012 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1272
Joined  2011-09-13

posting quote from other thread

T Jaiman - 06 June 2012 08:16 PM

That explains it. Hard refresh wasn’t enough, but changing sort order did the trick.

Ok interesting. I hesitate to be optimistic, but this is also helping me to clear out wrong wishlist numbers on some of the stubborn pages that still tell me I’m somebody else. Clearing cache and cookies and restarting hadn’t gotten rid of it, but changing sort order on “People” finally made that one seem to grab my wish list and keep it. It could be a fleeting thing, but for now its still right even when I return to page from the navbar.

I wish their was a way to do that on the few non-product pages that are still serving me bad info at the top. Clicking in-page tabs on, for instance,
http://www.daz3d.com/products/genesis/genesis-what-is-genesis  (clicking “what is genesis” link from within that page)
gets me that page with accurate wishlist, but link from navbar still brings me back to same page with the wrong info.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 06 June 2012 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  232
Joined  2006-06-10

Well, I cleared my cache and cookies, that worked for about a day. Now the problem is back. I use Chrome.

Posted: 06 June 2012 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1272
Joined  2011-09-13

Yeah we will see. Might not keep.

I just got wishlist numbers appearing back on “New Releases” page, where they’ve been completely hidden for me for at least a little while. They are not correct wishlist numbers, but I’d like to hope that means they are working on it… trying to stay positive.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 06 June 2012 10:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-07-01

I am posting from a literally brand-new computer (abuzz with excitement over that fact!), with a brand-new installation of Firefox, and upon my very first login here I was asked if I was not… well I won’t post the gentleman’s name but it was certainly not mine.  A new one from the list I have been cycling through, however.  So as others have stated this is not merely a cache issue.

Posted: 06 June 2012 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1772
Joined  2012-04-14

Cleared the cahe after last night, this morning went to the store homepage saw one guy’s name and then went to another page, that showed correctly that I was logged out. Went back to the homepage saw another guy’s name. We back to different pages - still logged out. Now back to homepage - back to the first guys name. All I can say it is a damn good job I’m too paranoid to put my full name in account details.

Posted: 06 June 2012 11:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  580
Joined  2005-09-12

I cleared the cache, deleted all cookies that referred to ‘daz3d’ - and the only change is that I seem to always get the SAME wrong wishlist notification. 305 items, with the last 3 added being Raw Ogre, Minotaur for Genesis, and Sci Fi Security Gear. This shows up on any and all ‘shop’ pages.

Also, FWIW, the “New Releases” are not showing me the two new ones from The Ant Farm or the anti-grav tank freebie.

Signature 

The only constant is change—and it’s a variable.

Posted: 07 June 2012 12:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4785
Joined  2011-10-04

Hmm, it also occurs to me—do people use (their ISP’s) proxies in general? Because I don’t, I pretty much never use a proxy if I can help it, especially when doing content-loading (too many chances to get it fouled up and unable to get it refreshed).

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 07 June 2012 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1866
Joined  2006-02-17

Just as a test, I brought up a Windows box onto the internet, which I normally don’t allow.  I’m only seeing the “Not xxxx” showing up when the machine is connected and I’m NOT logged in.  As soon as I’m logged in, everything is fine.  Even if I disconnect, and then reconnect within the timeout period, I don’t see anyone’s info but mine.  However, if I come in completely fresh, I see random names.  Does this behavior match what others are seeing?

Maybe that will help track this down.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 07 June 2012 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  14715
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, I saw my first “Not ...” only yesterday - and I habitually log out, since my account has admin access to the forum. So while logging out certainly seems to help, I don’t think it’s a full fix.

Signature 

DAZ Studio Frequently Asked Questions

Index of free DAZ Studio scripts and plugins list

3 of 15