2 of 15
Fix the Browser issue of seeing someone elses name
Posted: 06 June 2012 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4692
Joined  2005-08-03
Skiriki - 06 June 2012 02:25 PM

I haven’t seen someone else’s name for a while, but yes, random wishlist is kinda problem to me too.

The wishlist issue keeps wigging me out. First I’ll ask myself how the hell did I go from 30 items to 130. Then I’ll ask myself who the hell actually has 130?!

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4753
Joined  2011-10-04
Vaskania - 06 June 2012 03:12 PM

I haven’t seen someone else’s name for a while, but yes, random wishlist is kinda problem to me too.

The wishlist issue keeps wigging me out. First I’ll ask myself how the hell did I go from 30 items to 130. Then I’ll ask myself who the hell actually has 130?!

*raises a hand sheepishly*

2,158 items…

Signature 

Thanking: M F M for a gift of dragons!
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7110
Joined  2009-07-13

has ANYONE seen a name from someone who posts on the forum?
makes you realize how many users there are, though ofcourse they are real names!

Signature 

WARNING do not click tongue rolleye what video horrors will be seen if you do cannot be unseen.
my render thread
my gallery

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04
wendy♥catz - 06 June 2012 03:14 PM

makes you realize how many users there are, though ofcourse they are real names!

Since the name seen does not necessarily match with forum username (mine, for example, doesn’t match at all), it is hard to tell.

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2003-10-09

DAZ_bfurner:

This is definitely not fixed.

My browser is set to auto-clear everything, and I only use per session cookies with no allowable caches, or history.  Everything clears on browser closing.

I have closed (auto-clearing everything), and re-opened browser and the problem still persists.

I have force-cleared everything after browser closing, and when I come back to DAZ the problem is still here.

I have closed browser, force-cleared everything, and rebooted system.  Yet, when I come back to DAZ there has been no fix.

I am still seeing the name of someone else, and this is a security breach.

Though, only when NOT LOGGED IN, and on the Main Page.  Which means everyone out there can see, not just members of DAZ.

Obviously, not every variable has been addressed.  Two pics below illustrate this log in session right now (I got the same non-log in name all three tries):

Take care…
Ken

Image Attachments
LoggedIn.jpg
LoggedOut.jpg
 Signature 

Take care all..        “It’s easy to clean up when you got money.”        *Old Post Count:  Don’t know, don’t care…  *New Site Status:  Doesn’t matter one iota.
Ken

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2003-11-19

Sorry, wrong thread. red face

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2264
Joined  2007-12-07

Agreed not fixed - just went to check and in the middle of trying to get the actual, real list of new releases it came up with someone elses name.

<edit>
Slight addendum - the displaying of errant names may have been fixed (maybe by a change of the html/php to just output the literals ‘Log out’ or ‘Login’) but I still get ‘random’ numbers for items in wishlist and the recent release list is still a complete lottery
</edit>

Signature 

Some writings by a friend:
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/11.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/13.html
http://www.lizardsofthehost.co.uk/7.html

Posted: 06 June 2012 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-10-04

Interesting—I prodded about, and noticed that if I log out, clear the cache and cookies manually, these two pages keep giving me the wrong name:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/shop

All others from pulldown menus seem to work OK. I’ll poke at couple of things, but I confess I was kind of too hopeful myself that this particular gnat of a bug had been squashed… ah well, crow is tasty and at least I’m not the one who needs to fix it. :/

Signature 

My DeviantArt page.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 06 June 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4692
Joined  2005-08-03

I don’t normally even see a “Not _____?” link. I see it maybe once when I initially log in, or come to the site already logged in (cookies). Other than that, nada.

Skiriki - 06 June 2012 03:13 PM
Vaskania - 06 June 2012 03:12 PM

*raises a hand sheepishly*

2,158 items…

big surprise

wendy♥catz - 06 June 2012 03:14 PM

I thought I found Tako’s, but then I remembered I knew what his first name was, and this wasn’t it.

Signature 

Wearing duck crap doesn’t make you a duck - Floki
@Deviantart | @ShareCG
Tutorial: V4 Transmap Brows on Genesis via DS only.
——————————-
Websleuths - Help bring the missing home and give names to those who don’t have them.

Posted: 06 June 2012 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1647
Joined  2012-02-07

Greetings,

DAZ_bfurner - 06 June 2012 12:10 PM

We are aware that many of you have seen in the DAZ Store another name than yours. If you happen to continue to see on our store, If you are not “Some Other Name”... The solution is to Clear your Cache and Cookies in your internet browser, then force a refresh on the page. The problem will now be taken care of and you should never see this again.

This is unfortunately not correct; YOUR cache (i.e. DAZ’s) is still broken.  The wishlist count on /shop and /shop/shop continue to be wrong, as indicated by another user, and while you’ve hidden the user’s names, the wishlist count is obviously an indication that it’s rendering the wrong user’s information there.

As a reminder: This has never given you access to others account data. Your account is and has always been safe.

Thankfully, outside of real names, this is definitely true.  When the site actually has to resolve who you are, it’s getting it right, but when it’s showing you some stuff (presumably varnish cached for performance) like user’s name, wishlist count, and required products, it’s just plain wrong as often as it’s right. :(  I’m all good for slack in fixing this, go for it, take your time and do it right, but don’t assert that’s the problem when it’s not.  It may have been _one_ of the problems, but it is not this problem.  If it were, I would expect that users would have been consistently seeing the same user’s name in that location.

Best of luck fixing this, hopefully you’re continuing to try, not thinking that this’s resolved it…

— Morgan

Edited to attach screencaps of what I mean.  I have none of those items in my wishlist, and I have half that number of wishlist items.

Image Attachments
WishlistCount.png
LastAdded.png
 Signature 

Want wishlist discount notifications, better wishlist sorting, or to see ALL current discounts? http://3dwishlist.com/demo

Look at my deviantArt Gallery, give me feedback and feel free to follow!

This Firefox GreaseMonkey/Chrome Extension tweaks the wishlist and the product pages, adding cool new features to both and cleaning up small UI issues.

Posted: 06 June 2012 04:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1140
Joined  2011-09-13

To test it, after I left it inactive for last hour, and returned, it’s showing me a wrong name at: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/

Other places are showing no names right now, so echoing what Morgan is saying, looks like they are hidden. I get different wrong wish lists at:
...i was going to list several addresses that were wrong and several that had been showing me correct wish list info, but some of those just switched to somebody else, so never mind, it still appears inconsistent.

Just to keep up the drumbeat, underlying cache problem definitely not fixed. Good luck, hope you guys get to the bottom of it.

Also, I have seen a name/wishlist instance that I recognized as someone on the forums on one occasion.

Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

Posted: 06 June 2012 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  2239
Joined  2003-12-06
Skiriki - 06 June 2012 03:12 PM
SpottedKitty - 06 June 2012 03:04 PM

I already did this as soon as the new store first showed up, and I do a force-refresh several dozen times per session in a mostly vain attempt to view a current store page with all new stuff on it. I still regularly see the “not someone else” link. Do I need to clear cache and cookies again?

I would do that.

OK, I just did it. At first it didn’t work, I was still seeing the total for someone else’s wishlist — although always the same one this time, with 305 items. After bouncing around the store for a few minutes, it seemed to “take” — new things show up on the “New Releases” page, the order doesn’t change when I refresh again, and I had the right number of things in my wishlist.

Unless I’m on the site homepage, which has a 58-item wishlist (wrong) and the store homepage, which doesn’t show a wishlist total.

Still a bit broken, but sorta useable. Next, I’ll watch the prices and see if they’re bouncing/going on and off sale over the next couple of days. There’s stuff I want to buy, but right now I don’t trust the store prices.

Signature 

Gone to Vegas to play poker. Back when I run out of clothes.—Your Muse.

Posted: 06 June 2012 05:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2011-02-17

The problem will now be taken care of and you should never see this again.

“Now” or “soon” ?  wink

I just got:

My Cart (0)
  My Wishlist (115 items)
  My Account
  (Not xxx?)

Signature 

Daz Gallery

Posted: 06 June 2012 05:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2011-05-10

I just realized that many ISPs cache sites. Even in the company I work at, when I change web content, I start getting erratic results and I begin frantic debugging. Now I realized the site cacheing ‘feature’ so I now take a break for an hour or so to let the cache flush.
Also working with other sites ‘change’ exposed problems with hosting companies using cloud distributed load balancing ect…
I had to wait 24 hours for changes to take effect and verified. If the change was wrong, then another 24 for the undo and then submit the next try.
So much code seens to only work on the server published too and if the cloud is large (many servers around the world) any changes may not work because it conflicts with other servers current data. Bring down a web server, upload the new page, start the server. How long will it take to cover all the servers that most Site Hosts don’t even know exits.
I think DAZ might have not only changed the application foundation but also the Site Host.
One of the departments at my work published a web app and I had to install firefox on all computers because the app was developed on a MAC and does not work right with IE. It has always been a big issue testing a web site on all browsers across all devices.

Everyone clearing their cache has little effect. Its the ISPs that need to do this.

Posted: 06 June 2012 05:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1140
Joined  2011-09-13

Ok, I have no idea if this will be helpful to anyone, but this pattern is consistent between my computer and another device I have, after having cleared both at fairly spaced apart times today.

Green boxes mean that page shows my correct wishlist count. Generally subcategories beneath show correct as well.
Blue boxes mean it does not reveal any information, name or wishlist.
Red boxes mean it shows wrong count in the wishlist.
Double red (only DAZ3D main home page right now) shows wrong wishlist and wrong name.

also that green box next to the blue box at DAZ Studio products link indicates its subcategories all were green. I should have probably put a green box next to the red one for People, since it looked like most subcategories would have been green, but I didn’t check them all. This may be futile, but if it’s true for others as well, it may help in some way, or if it’s not the same, it means the behavior is still not consistent, EDIT or the problem is happening at another link in the chain as bbroussard says above.

Image Attachments
DAZ_Store_image.jpg
 Signature 

My DAZ User Gallery
Deviantart gallery: storypilot.deviantart.com

Storypilot’s Pizza Kitchen - Art Studio thread

2 of 15