Posted: 11 June 2012 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 136 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2010-02-14
Kendall Sears - 10 June 2012 11:45 PM
RCDeschene - 10 June 2012 11:37 PM

Wait! HOOOOOLD up! You do martial arts? ohh

Okay… Is it me or are A LOT of tech heads these days beginning to do that? What I mean to say is, you’re not the first person I’ve heard of be both a computer expert AND a martial artist at the same time…

Yup.  I’ve been an instructor for many years.  Well many tech heads are victims of bullying while young, so it’s only natural some of us would learn to defend ourselves.  grin

There are several of us MAs here.  We’re the stealthy types .... heh heh.  grin

Kendall

I was guessing that scenario… That or you were just a weeaboo like every other nerd I know! smile

Spit - 11 June 2012 01:17 AM

Well, with all the words being written and read, I wonder if anyone has noticed what I have the last couple of days?

I’ve seen only my own name in the store.

I’ve had no problems logging in here in the forums. No sending me to my account and having to log out before I could log in.

I’m waiting to see when the next new item comes aboard if it shows up in the proper place.

That’s what I’ve been saying here. Every now and then I DO see my name appear, but that’s only if I visit the site through a bookmark on my browser after a cache clean-up and even then when I return to the home page I see begin to see other people’s names again…

But yes, absolutely! Ever since I started getting in the habit of clearing my browser data, I have noticed that the site itself has been begging to work more smoothly.

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 11 June 2012 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 137 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2003-10-09

Well, with all the words being written and read, I wonder if anyone has noticed what I have the last couple of days?

I’ve had no problems logging in here in the forums. No sending me to my account and having to log out before I could log in.

I’m waiting to see when the next new item comes aboard if it shows up in the proper place.

I posted about this in some thread a few days ago. smile But I guess everyone was so fixated on telling Daz to get the site fixed,they missed the part about the site IS being fixed. LOLOL

Ah well, I’m just glad other people are noticing too! smile

Signature 

“Own the day”
Live, Love, Laugh, Dream, Believe  

Posted: 11 June 2012 10:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 138 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1874
Joined  2006-02-17
SassyWench - 11 June 2012 10:29 AM

I posted about this in some thread a few days ago. smile But I guess everyone was so fixated on telling Daz to get the site fixed,they missed the part about the site IS being fixed. LOLOL

Ah well, I’m just glad other people are noticing too! smile

I guess I’m lucky.  I’ve not had many problems since the migration at all.  I had the initial “guru meditation” from Varnish due to conflicting cookies, but I immediately cleared my cookies and since then everything has been “good.”  Then again, I use Linux to surf the web and have always had a fraction of the problems (approaching 0) that users of other OS’s report.

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 11 June 2012 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 139 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17
RCDeschene - 11 June 2012 10:06 AM
Kendall Sears - 10 June 2012 11:45 PM
RCDeschene - 10 June 2012 11:37 PM

Wait! HOOOOOLD up! You do martial arts? ohh

Okay… Is it me or are A LOT of tech heads these days beginning to do that? What I mean to say is, you’re not the first person I’ve heard of be both a computer expert AND a martial artist at the same time…

Yup.  I’ve been an instructor for many years.  Well many tech heads are victims of bullying while young, so it’s only natural some of us would learn to defend ourselves.  grin

There are several of us MAs here.  We’re the stealthy types .... heh heh.  grin

Kendall

I was guessing that scenario… That or you were just a weeaboo like every other nerd I know! smile

Heh.  While I am quite accomplished in some of the Okinawan and Japanese Martial Arts, I also practice, and used to teach, Occidental and Native American Archery.  I have a significant portion of Native American Heritage so NA archery has always held an attraction for me.  I also am a proficient user of multiple types of firearms.  I just like the Martial Arts in general I guess.  grin

Kendall

Signature 

Any opinions expressed in this post are those of Kendall Sears and may, or may not, be more, or less, valid than any other opinion.

The contents of this post are intended for the DAZ forum only, do not re-post any portion to any other forum without his permission.

Posted: 11 June 2012 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 140 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2007-10-08

EDIT:  Update note: The problem our customers have been seeing in the store of “If you are not John Doe” or another customer name…has been fixed. The web team has updated the store pages so this should not be a problem any longer.

Posted: 11 June 2012 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 141 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1584
Joined  2012-01-04
DAZ_bfurner - 11 June 2012 04:05 PM

EDIT:  Update note: The problem our customers have been seeing in the store of “If you are not John Doe” or another customer name…has been fixed. The web team has updated the store pages so this should not be a problem any longer.

Now that’s what we want to hear.  Yeahhhh!!!!

Signature 

Old Post Count: Maybe 3 or 4.
O/S: Windows 7x64
D/S: 4.6.0.18

Posted: 11 June 2012 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 142 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  404
Joined  2006-08-21

Sorry. Still happening. Just logged in and got the “not so and so”. So, I guess not fixed.

Signature 

CG and Me

Posted: 11 June 2012 07:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 143 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4730
Joined  2004-08-11

So far so good.  Cleared out the Cache and loaded up the store page.  Interestingly enough if I go to the Store HOME page, I look as if I’m not logged in but when I chose New Releases then I’m logged in!  Just a note in case there is a tiny bit more adjusting you can do there.  Clicked on page 2 and then back to page 1, everything is showing in the order it should be in… so far!  grin

Signature 

—- Wolff On The Prowl—-

Pan Project

DAZ Studio 4 Frequently Asked Questions

Posted: 11 June 2012 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 144 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1784
Joined  2010-02-14

*Clears Cache, logs back in and clicks around*

O____O

YESSSSS!!! cheese cheese cheese

Signature 

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of how awesome I am!” ~ Brextor Ultimus

FORUM MEMBER POST RANKS
New Member = 0
Member = 25
Active Member = 250
Power Member = 1000
Addict = 2500

My Art Studio

Posted: 11 June 2012 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 145 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4814
Joined  2011-10-04
booksbydavid - 11 June 2012 07:09 PM

Sorry. Still happening. Just logged in and got the “not so and so”. So, I guess not fixed.

...yeah, grabbed a totally virgin no-cache whatsoever for DAZ3D browser, and, uh, went through the steps I outlined in my earlier posts, and got called as someone else.

(Go to front page, click on log in, wait for log in page to load, click on DAZ Studio home logo instead of logging in, and BAM, I am mystically someone else.)

Y’can do it guis! ‘Cause when I clicked on ‘shop’ it didn’t call me as someone else. wink

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 12 June 2012 01:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 146 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1359
Joined  2004-02-13
Skiriki - 11 June 2012 08:04 PM
booksbydavid - 11 June 2012 07:09 PM

...yeah, grabbed a totally virgin no-cache whatsoever for DAZ3D browser, and, uh, went through the steps I outlined in my earlier posts, and got called as someone else.

(Go to front page, click on log in, wait for log in page to load, click on DAZ Studio home logo instead of logging in, and BAM, I am mystically someone else.)

Y’can do it guis! ‘Cause when I clicked on ‘shop’ it didn’t call me as someone else. wink

TY VERY MUCH for posting this…doing exactly as you illustrated I can reproduce it as well. So I took a screenshot of that and am gonna send it along with the reproducible steps right after I check to see if I can reproduce it in any other way like log out and click on New Releases or something or if it just seems to be that DAZ3D Login. Anyway TY!!! Much appreciated smile

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 12 June 2012 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 147 ]
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  1359
Joined  2004-02-13

Actually that may have helped greatly. I logged out and if I click on any other link (granted I couldn’t try literally every one) but no matter what other menu or product page or site link I clicked it ONLY did it when I clicked that DAZ3D logo. Which I do very very often when I’m browsing. I am gonna forward on what I can tell thus far. I am sure they will further test it but that was really helpful so TY again and TY to everyone who has been helping to narrow the lists of evil coding “suspects” smile

Signature 

Aundrea M Anderson (ann0314) (ARTCollaborations) (ARTCollab)
DAZ3D Community Volunteer Program Manager
DAZ3D PA/Customer Relations Liaison
Co-Owner of ARTCollaborations

Posted: 12 June 2012 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 148 ]
Addict
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4814
Joined  2011-10-04

You’re welcome! That helps my techie jitters somewhat.

Oh yeah, and note that you have to clear the cache and cookies to test it repeatedly.

Signature 

Remembering Jaderail. Rest, my friend.
My DeviantArt page.
My DAZ Studio 4 freebies.
My ramblings/blog

Posted: 12 June 2012 11:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 149 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  495
Joined  2004-06-12

As other have said, unfortunately not.

But just in case it helps to narrow it down a bit, I can confirm that using the Chrome browser that earlier today it did appear to be fixed, and it was only just now when I logged-out that I noticed it was up to it’s old tricks again.  After a cleared cache everything is fine, I log on, and everything is still fine, I log out, I get the funny stuff.

Whatever it is, it appears to be pulling stuff from the database only on logoff, and displaying it.

Posted: 12 June 2012 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 150 ]
Power Member
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-02-17

THANK YOU EVERYONE for turning this thread into a helpful resource!

Kendall

Signature 

10 of 15